SAU Community

Jim Berry Clutches

m0rt

aww come on pauly play nice. Maybe i should just put some HKS stickers on and then it'd be the best thing since sliced ham?

that was nice...im always nice...you could have the car stickered up like the "Jagerbomb" R32 in my last post and then maybe it would be 'okay'

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with about a dozen jim berry clutches in our group all decently horspowered 550rwhp + most have had 2 years of dragging and still goin strong. should we find out how many HKS etc clutches have failed, i personally know of about 10

Ok the clutch exploded and made a fair mess of everything in its vicinity, there is no doubt that it was the clutch parts at fault.

What would you expect a fair minded and concerned manufacturer to do in this instance?

Ok the clutch exploded and made a fair mess of everything in its vicinity, there is no doubt that it was the clutch parts at fault.

What would you expect a fair minded and concerned manufacturer to do in this instance?

Very good question => Let's have an educated guess here......deny all responsibilty...... tell poor old Noel to go to buggery.....and....... don't bother to fit any antiburst covers on future clutches because your more interested in a profit margin than your customers legs(?).

Matouks 9 second record holding standard RB25 Five Speed gearboxed VL was fitted with a JIM BERRY "SINGLE PLATE" CLUTCH and as you can imagine pushes out massive ponies without a failure. When my twin plate goes a Jim Berry Single will be its replacement.

What happened to Noel's clutch is the worst I have heard and am thankful as im sure everyone else is that he still has his legs.

Bottom Line is up to Noels incident JIM BERRY has and is always highly regarded for his clutches and quality of build. Ive been on a number of forums and never heard a bad thing about him or his clutches.

Get over it you guys. If you want to use a clown car clutch thats your perogative. I had my final dealings with the man yesterday and surprise surprise he accepts no responsibility for what happenned and went in to a long winded explanation of why it failed.

Truth is, he may well be right but, If he used an antiburst cover the clutch may still have failed without taking out my block, gearbox etc. He then had the termacity to offer to build me another clutch. Twas all I could not to burst out laughing so I politely told him where to put that idea and left. End of story. Move on, I have.

When my twin plate goes a Jim Berry Single will be its replacement.

What happened to Noel's clutch is the worst I have heard and am thankful as im sure everyone else is that he still has his legs.

Bit of logical incompatability between these statements....?? :spank:

Edited by slapper

Matouks 9 second record holding standard RB25 Five Speed gearboxed VL was fitted with a JIM BERRY "SINGLE PLATE" CLUTCH and as you can imagine pushes out massive ponies without a failure. When my twin plate goes a Jim Berry Single will be its replacement.

Bottom Line is up to Noels incident JIM BERRY has and is always highly regarded for his clutches and quality of build. Ive been on a number of forums and never heard a bad thing about him or his clutches.

Same spec clutch is in my car. Surprisingly light on the pedal for a monster clutch.

Get over it you guys. If you want to use a clown car clutch thats your perogative. I had my final dealings with the man yesterday and surprise surprise he accepts no responsibility for what happenned and went in to a long winded explanation of why it failed.

Truth is, he may well be right but, If he used an antiburst cover the clutch may still have failed without taking out my block, gearbox etc. He then had the termacity to offer to build me another clutch. Twas all I could not to burst out laughing so I politely told him where to put that idea and left. End of story. Move on, I have.

So what is an 'antiburst cover'? Pic would help.

Cant you retards read. Time to move on puppys.

Thanks for that, Noel. Yes I can read and as it happens, I read this part perfectly well;

I had my final dealings with the man yesterday and surprise surprise he accepts no responsibility for what happenned and went in to a long winded explanation of why it failed.

Truth is, he may well be right...

I'm sure you didn't just let it go at that. How did he justify his position? It's a simple question. If you don't want to answer, please feel free to call me a retard once more.