SAU Community

Are Koya A Good Brand Of Wheel?

buggor34

• 1 month later...

Sorry to dig up a slightly older thread but wanted to add something. The centre cap on one of my rims started to fade and generally look crap, so i shot an e-mail off to Koya and 2 days later they sent me 4 new centre caps at no charge. Not even postage costs.

Pretty damn brilliant after sales support.

I'm looking at the Koya R1's, any thoughts guys?

I LOVE the imagines, wanted something a bit rarer. These come in 9.5" for the rears, and 8.5" for the fronts, bit fatter than the Imagines.

r1bc6.jpg

I got the imagines mate, pitty they were damaged during fitment and im now in a shit fight with the tire mob to get it fixed. ATM im in talks with office of fair trading.

But yes they are a nice simple wheel like the imagines

• 9 years later...
21 hours ago, timmy1 said:

On the face of it Koya will appear to be good value, but if there is a problem and they get something wrong - then you will get screwed. Here is my review: https://www.productreview.com.au/r/koya/1715546.html

I did not know Koya was a custom wheel maker.. thought they just spat out Chinese wheels

On 3/1/2018 at 5:31 PM, UWISSH! said:

Wow way to dig up a 10 year old thread

That's the power of the internet, nothing is too old. If a business screws a customer over people will know about it so that others can take note a avoid the same experience. 

14 hours ago, mlracing said:

I did not know Koya was a custom wheel maker.. thought they just spat out Chinese wheels

"spat out Chinese wheels" is probably best way to describe Koya. They do say they make custom wheels but they can't even get the most basic thing right i.e. the wheel has to fit the car it was ordered for.

Now I am planning to just ditch the crappy Koya wheels (which doesn't fit) and order a custom set from http://www.forgestar.com/wheels/ - True the forgestar will cost a bit more, but surely with over 30 years experience they will get the fitment right ? I also see forgester provides "FI TEST REPORT FOR LIGHT ALLOY WHEEL" for the selected wheel type/size, that should give me some additional peace of mind, to know that the wheels were actually tested and not "spat out". I will post a youtube video link once I get the forgester wheels so you can compare the difference in fitment.

On ‎1‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:41 AM, timmy1 said:

On the face of it Koya will appear to be good value, but if there is a problem and they get something wrong - then you will get screwed. Here is my review: https://www.productreview.com.au/r/koya/1715546.html

lol...so did you specify the offset you wanted? or just ' hoped' they would know the perfect offset for your car?

And then get cut because they wouldn't give you a free swap to a different offset after you'd fitted them to the car and didn't like the way they sat?

The first set of koya drifteks I got were fkn horrible, they sat too far inwards like stock wheels.....oh wait....I didn't specify an offset to them. ..so they sent out something based on stock fitment. Yep my bad, not theirs.

On ‎2‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:52 PM, timmy1 said:

"spat out Chinese wheels" is probably best way to describe Koya. They do say they make custom wheels but they can't even get the most basic thing right i.e. the wheel has to fit the car it was ordered for.

could you specify the size wheel (height, width and offset) you recieved for the car you have please?

32 minutes ago, hardsteppa said:

lol...so did you specify the offset you wanted? or just ' hoped' they would know the perfect offset for your car?

And then get cut because they wouldn't give you a free swap to a different offset after you'd fitted them to the car and didn't like the way they sat?

The first set of koya drifteks I got were fkn horrible, they sat too far inwards like stock wheels.....oh wait....I didn't specify an offset to them. ..so they sent out something based on stock fitment. Yep my bad, not theirs.

^ This!

30 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

^ This!

I did not tell them what off-set I wanted other them tell them about the make model and year of the car counted on them to do the research to know what off-set would fit or ask me for any other information if needed. They decided on their own 50mm off-set for the rear would fit the car - which obviously was wrong as the wheels stick out too much and the tyres rub against the fenders