SAU Community

Fifth Gear Reviews The R35 On 25th Feb

maclarenf1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought top gear took after 5th gear?

either way as much as I love Tiff 5th gear really has gone down hill lately, where as top gear get better and better.

should be a good show though. :(

I would have thought you of all people would know the story.

Top Gear has been around for a very long time. Since 1977. I still have episodes from the 1980's kicking around. Tiff split away from Jeremy to start 5th gear on channel 5 in 2002.

Anyways Top Gear is funnier than 5th Gear while 5th Gear has better drivers. I just watch both but Top Gear usually keeps me entertained more.

Anyways Top Gear is funnier than 5th Gear while 5th Gear has better drivers. I just watch both but Top Gear usually keeps me entertained more.

agreed! and thanks for the background. I knew Tiff had been doing it for year, I just assumed it was the other way 'round :(

clarkson has his good points, but Tiff is hard to beat. His enthusiasm for everything is just infectious

I really don't get how you think she is hot, she is the most average looking girl that i wouldn't look twice at.

I watch both fifth gear and top gear, i find top gear more entertaining as they do some stupid funny shit lol, fifth gear is just good for the reviews.

Edited by krzysiu

agreed! and thanks for the background. I knew Tiff had been doing it for year, I just assumed it was the other way 'round :/

clarkson has his good points, but Tiff is hard to beat. His enthusiasm for everything is just infectious

Do you reckon Clarkson could dumb the content down some more? I mean, I understand what he is on about when he says the motor has more torques, but there is no way in hell I could ever get across the whole concept of a Newton metre. :D

yeah I never knew the universally accepted measure of forces was 'torques'. thanks clarkson you spanner head.

also, I just read it will be jason plato driving the R35 on 5th gear. bummer :/ I would really have liked to see what Tiff thought of it.

yeah I never knew the universally accepted measure of forces was 'torques'. thanks clarkson you spanner head.

also, I just read it will be jason plato driving the R35 on 5th gear. bummer :/ I would really have liked to see what Tiff thought of it.

Fingers crossed that Tiff drives the RS6...

Im much more of a fan of Top Gear than 5th Gear... So i'll more be watching this episode to see the review on the RS6... I'll still watch the GTR review though.

would have been awesome if Tiff had ago in it. When he was on Top Gear the show was so much better his reviews are the best, remember that mclaren f1 review he did? Actually described the sensation of driving one so well and how i would imagine it to be (having not driven one / never going to)

I thought top gear took after 5th gear?

either way as much as I love Tiff 5th gear really has gone down hill lately, where as top gear get better and better.

should be a good show though. :/

I would have thought you of all people would know the story.

Top Gear has been around for a very long time. Since 1977. I still have episodes from the 1980's kicking around. Tiff split away from Jeremy to start 5th gear on channel 5 in 2002.

well, fifth gear was the replacement for Top gear, it originated on BBC, but after shit ratings top gear was canceled. so FIVE decided they would start it up again with most of the original presenters, they wanted to use the Top Gear name but BBC refused, so they went with fifth gear. BBC wanted to get in on the action so they started Top Gear up again with new hosts (except for Jeremy) and it came to what it is today. in reality, Jeremy carries the show, it would be nowhere near as popular as it would without him.

Fifth Gear still remains a proper car review show, Top Gear is becoming a entertainment show based around cars, sure its funny but its about as informative as a WOW player teaching sex ed.

• 2 weeks later...

Shit I dont know why people bag Fifth gear

its a good show, sure it aint no top gear but it certainly is the second best car show on TV

anyone ever watched Vroom Vroom on the How To Channel? Tuesday nights - now there is a shit car show

not to mention all the other Brit, American and Australian car shows that aren't 1/4 as good as top gear or even fifth gear