SAU Community

Official Launch At Melbourne Motor Show

sewid

DSC_0026_blog.JPG

The R35 GT-R was officially launched today 9am at a presentation at the Melbourne International Motor Show by Nissan Australia CEO Shinya Hannya. The presentation mentioned that the GT-R was to be expected in early 2009. No word on pricing yet though.

DSC_0267_blog.JPG

Unlike many of the US motorshows media and invited guests were able to get quite hands on with the car and sit in it etc. Hopefully this continues for the rest of the motorshow.

More @ http://www.gtrblog.com/

DSC_0306_blog.JPG

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always hated melbourne... I hated them before it was cool...

Didn't someone just lose a bet? I remember something about a bet, and the 35 being released by September or taking orders then or something?

Also, top work as always Sewid :yes:

haha I'm sure Melbourne is ok...

Interesting to hear the Nissan PR guys telling journalists that the above pictured car is the only GTR in the southern hemisphere...

I was tempted to ask how they felt about the donut king car but didn't feel like upsetting their day with thoughts of evil grey imported pink cars.

I have always hated melbourne... I hated them before it was cool...

Didn't someone just lose a bet? I remember something about a bet, and the 35 being released by September or taking orders then or something?

Also, top work as always Sewid :yes:

lol, the bet was being delivered before september this year. and don't worry, I will honour it!

I was tempted to ask how they felt about the donut king car but didn't feel like upsetting their day with thoughts of evil grey imported pink cars.

hahaha that would of been interesting

This is Nissan's own car, which they are keeping for the time being. Often these cars are flown in and then immediately flown out after, or even during, the show.

This one is off on tour to the other states in the next few months.

Un offically, Nissan know about most of the other GT-R's. They have no issue with the race imports, its just the retail sales that upset them....