• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Aren't you scared of the ceramic wheel shattering? Hell they do that at around 200rwkw and 12psi boost.

Also, So you are leaving a decent gap between the exhaust impeller and the housing..that is inducing lag/inefficiency isn't it?

Just a couple of thoughts but the results sound great.

So you are still using the very small exhaust wheel. Interesting

And you didn't get it balanced with the new compressor wheel??

Edited by benl1981

• 6 months later...
Aren't you scared of the ceramic wheel shattering? Hell they do that at around 200rwkw and 12psi boost.

Also, So you are leaving a decent gap between the exhaust impeller and the housing..that is inducing lag/inefficiency isn't it?

Just a couple of thoughts but the results sound great.

So you are still using the very small exhaust wheel. Interesting

And you didn't get it balanced with the new compressor wheel??

Yes the Gap induces lag

It was balanced

Your calls but honestly the 6/12 bladed T04B compressors or even possibly 16/18/20G late IHI compressors .

I have not seen one in the flesh but there is a newer IHI type turbine in the Trust catalog called TD06HSL2 , its a bit more like a Garrett GT design and if available in the normal rotational direction and suits the Hitachi diametre wise could be good .

This turbine in reverse rotation form is supposed to be a ball tearer and in the Evo Green 20G (20G-LT) on Mitsy 4G63t's .

They are (LOL) a factory integral gate twin scroll turbo and the crazy yanks are screwing 450 GG's out of them at high boost on good fuel . Note Precision Turbo US is using their unique 5/10 blade 20G reverse compressor wheel in it

Attention Roy , if your still into TD05/06 turbos GT Pumps here in Australia have those T06HSL2 turbines . They are smaller lighter less blades and higher flowing than the garden variety TD06H turbine so if interested in RB20 turbos worth a call .

Pics Top is TD06HSL2 turbine , lower LHS in FP's 5/10 blade compressor , RHS is the 60mm NS111 turbine (TR30R turbo) that the #@*+'s at Garrett wont gives us - yet .

Cheers A .

post-9594-1204065540_thumb.jpg

post-9594-1204065621_thumb.jpg

post-9594-1204065657_thumb.jpg

Edited by discopotato03

Your calls but honestly the 6/12 bladed T04B compressors or even possibly 16/18/20G late IHI compressors .

I have not seen one in the flesh but there is a newer IHI type turbine in the Trust catalog called TD06HSL2 , its a bit more like a Garrett GT design and if available in the normal rotational direction and suits the Hitachi diametre wise could be good .

This turbine in reverse rotation form is supposed to be a ball tearer and in the Evo Green 20G (20G-LT) on Mitsy 4G63t's .

They are (LOL) a factory integral gate twin scroll turbo and the crazy yanks are screwing 450 GG's out of them at high boost on good fuel . Note Precision Turbo US is using their unique 5/10 blade 20G reverse compressor wheel in it

Attention Roy , if your still into TD05/06 turbos GT Pumps here in Australia have those T06HSL2 turbines . They are smaller lighter less blades and higher flowing than the garden variety TD06H turbine so if interested in RB20 turbos worth a call .

Pics Top is TD06HSL2 turbine , lower LHS in FP's 5/10 blade compressor , RHS is the 60mm NS111 turbine (TR30R turbo) that the #@*+'s at Garrett wont gives us - yet .

Cheers A .

lol, disco you were actually my first point of call for any new idea's on a newer more efficient and surge resistant compressor wheel.

The new style turbine wheel looks like the ones used in the GT-K Turbonetics Turbo's.

Edited by BOOSTD

After a couple of hours, I have the T04S 52 trim at the top of my list. In comparison to the T04Vtrim I last used, It has a reduced surge zone, is more efficient at the low boost that I will run and will fit into the std compressor cover. I may look at the GT30R ported cover if there is a chance it will fit. I'm sure i'll get a better results in its native cover.

Comments?

post-2338-1204098170_thumb.jpg

post-2338-1204098184_thumb.jpg

post-2338-1204098572_thumb.jpg