SAU Community

Bov's ? Which One?

I have a very basic knowledge of how atmospheric & plumb back BOV's work, but what I am wondering is how do you go about choosing one that is best suited for your style of driving. i.e. normal street driving, drag, or drift. Is there one type that is best suited for a specific purpose? or is it mearly "that looks good, I like that one" :D Also would the type of BOV depend on the turbo and the amount of horse power it produces?

Edited by Nimmo

The standard one seems to work well, no real reason to change it or a good cheap upgrade is a standard GTR blow off valve which are known to hold more pressure if your running higher boost

There the only two I would ever use

agreed with the above and it wont get you in any trouble with the law! doesn't really matter on the type of application e.g drifitn/drag etc, if you want a strong reliable bov that has both plumb back or vent to atmosphere, go something like the GBS stealth FX. H

So as for application wise there isn't really any difference you could use either type? and even with a turbo upgrade you can keep the standard and it will do the job fine?

Im also a rookie so go easy :P....I bought my car with an atmo blow off and 3.5inch exhaust...id like to attract a LIL less attention lol

The blow off is FREAKIN loud...do different brands and models of Atmo bovs make a louder noise? As in can i get a different atmo blowoff so that i can keep that rice pssst that you guys all hate so much...but not as loud? or should i just go back to std?

if its a Turbosmart one (like mine) you can twist the end of the BOV in to make the noise 'softer', or out to make it 'harder'. When it's on soft, you won't get that noise unless you're on WOT just about, and the other extreme, well you dont get any dosing at all, its a constant pschhh every time you lift your foot off the throttle.

I have a turbosmart one and its really loud! Lots of fluttering and spitting whether its wound up or not.

I've bought a GFB Stealth FX going to see how that goes.

Hey guys, I don't want to steal this thread but I also don't want to make another topic ...so please forgive my questions nimmo and i'll try to keep it short...

1. How much boost or rwkw can a gtst bov take?

2.I changed my gtst bov to a gtr as I have a bigger turbo... but I want a little more noise (not huge) because I can barely hear the gtr one... anyway to get it abit louder without going atmo?

Thanks!

Hey guys, I don't want to steal this thread but I also don't want to make another topic ...so please forgive my questions nimmo and i'll try to keep it short...

No problem WYTSKY I have gotten my answers, thanks guys you have cleared up alot for me. :D

Im also a rookie so go easy :D ....I bought my car with an atmo blow off and 3.5inch exhaust...id like to attract a LIL less attention lol

The blow off is FREAKIN loud...do different brands and models of Atmo bovs make a louder noise? As in can i get a different atmo blowoff so that i can keep that rice pssst that you guys all hate so much...but not as loud? or should i just go back to std?

Get your mechanic to remove the aftermarket BOV and install the standard one back on, then install an air pod and you will get the nice 'choo' noise and a wicked sucking noise.

Aftermarket BOV do F*** all and just makes noise.

Only time I would use an aftermarket one is on a track, drift car when running very high boost or push the GTR one before the limit.

Adriano if you are talking to me I already have a pod and apexi power intake... I want the sound as loud as the gtst was on mine... but with a bigger turbo now running about 12-14psi and in my next tune I may be going higher and power levels will be roughly 250rwkw... didn't know if the gtst one would take it so I put on a gtr one...