SAU Community

Naturally Aspirated Thread

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest neoGT-25

Hey Guys, i have a R34 25-GT

i have a pod filter and thats it... does anyone know what kw the NEO N/A makes?

i want to put a A'PEXi N1 spec exaust and a A'PEXi POWER FC... 1 of the guys at Sub Zero said that i can get about another 25 hp from the POWER FC and about another 5-6 hp with a muffler... would it be different with a A'PEXi N1 muffler? are they too loud aswell? because my dad will kill me if my car is to loud... should i steer away from an A'PEXi N1 spec exaust and buy something else?

thanks for any help, btw im so glad theres a thread for us N/A Skyliners now:uh-huh: :burnout: ;)

byes

Originally posted by alistern

I was looking to get some new DBA disk rotors for the front(original 2spots) and was wondering if anyone else had yet?? also has anyone replaced and rear brake stuff (ie brake pads, rotors) ?? is it true the handbrake is drum?

talkto DBAsteve... it cost me to change my all 4 rotors $1000 from japan I tell you :D but hang on b4 u get scared:eek1: :eek1:

I have sent my old pairs to DBA steve so DBA can now manufacture here which will be cost heaps less now! and they are good too I hear! :D

so talk to DBAsteve from here and tell him Pva_Glue sent you!

he should look after you!

and what do you mean hand brake is drum??!??;) all skylines have disk brakes I think!

cheers

Joe

Originally posted by chopobo

ok

so lets make this straight

r33 gts non turbo makes 147kw

and the

r33 gts-t makes 184 kw

is this information correct?

is anyone going to justify this?

the figure are correct but they are at fly wheels not the wheels!

I had mine dynoed while ago.. I got 114hp at all 4WD!

cheers

Joe

so with victorian governemtn restrictions on power levels

which do they rate the kws at?

the flywheel or at the wheels?

are there mods i can do that will not affect performance wise?

mods to keep the car healthier and last longer

hey if yours is an n/a there is no apex power fc if there is it will cost you 2k plus for it. an apex n1 is a turbo exhaust that will make you car very loud and drone ant low revs the best power up is a set of extractors and a pod filter tehn if you get really keen you could go for a set of cams but the n/a already has better cams than the turbo. It an expnsive path to take if you wanted power you should have got a turbo.

believe me I have done the reasearch cause my car was n/a but now its turbo

meggala

Cams and cam gears can give you better tuning but you need to have a tuner who knows what they are doing and I dont know tuners in Qld so I cant help

neoGT-25, get extractors like meggala said, don't get the apexi n1 if u don't want loud. get a hi-flow cat then 2 1/4" exhaust with a straight through muffler, if i were u i'd go for the oval shape ones and not the canon style ones. don't go for 2.5", its too big, na needs some back pressure. else down low it won't go.

and thats about all i'd do for an na :D

boys, i'm selling my car soon, will post some pics up wen i get them scanned. the exhaust was a waste of money, but i just had to do something to the car coz it was so standard ;)

i don't think the power fc does anyting for an na.

You can get a non-turbo version of the A'PEXi N1 which comes with 60mm (2.36") piping and a proper resonator. I don't have any experience with it, but I don't think it would be overly loud. Turbo version would drone like a bitch though, as stated above by meggala and turtle.

I've ordered a HKS super drager [65mm piping - 2.55"], which should be arriving from Japan in the next few weeks (damn sea freight). I'll let you know how loud it is.

Originally posted by Pva_Glue

talkto  DBAsteve... it cost me to change my all 4 rotors $1000 from japan I tell you ;) but hang on b4 u get scared:eek1: :eek1:  

I have sent my old pairs to DBA steve so DBA can now manufacture here which will be cost heaps less now! and they are good too I hear! :)

I tried to Buy some DBA rotors Part # 953 as these are the ones for the r33 gts, but I was informed that while that part number is correct they don't make them yet!!!!!!

Unless you want standard rotors from nissan there dosn't seem to be anything around...

Please let me know if I'm wrong..

Guest Boxhead

well as most of you prolly seen my na car is no gone, which leaves me with no other option other then go with the a GTS4, r32 ofcourse so i will have turbo.. its been a good stint with the na, cept its slow, and auto.. but it looked like a very smick vechile in the weeks before the accident.. ohwell.. good luck with your n/as boys :(

Guest neoGT-25

Hey All, i was in Brisbane today at BRISBANE STREET MACHINES which is where i got my SKYLINE from and one of the guys that works there (Ben) told me that i can get a really decent HKS exaust system to suite a N/A SKYLINE for about $2,500... he said my car should be making about 25 - 30 hp more than it is now with it... is this true and has anyone got any information about this exaust?

He also said that a place in Sydney called BD4's get them in... is this a good place?

reliable, cheap, honest and all?

my other mod ideas are... A'PEXi POWER FC (I found out you can use them for a N/A SKYLINE), Extractors, Carbon Fibre Bonnet and maybe Boot? (All light weight stuff)

thanks for any help people, byes :burnout:

(Sorry for any spelling mistakes)

http://www.bd4s.com.au/ <--- BD4's site