SAU Community

Skylines Make Newspaper

"Their communications appear to be organised," Chf Insp Smith said.

As opposed to disorganised, resulting in a 'no drag race' situation... lol

Why do Oz authorities say such stupid shite?

I agree with u ronin, its the idiots that drive these cars that give them (and the rest of us responsible drivers) a bad name. What really pisses me off is the fact that half these idiots probably live within 10-15 minutes of eastern creek where they can drag race legally on a wednesday night once a month. This article is in the sydney daily telegraph today aswell

Well including track days which are on several times a month at various tracks around town can easily accommodate for large numbers. All I am saying is that there is a time and a place to give your car a flogging, doing it on public streets with 100 others is just asking for trouble. If u have to get off on the roads just smoke a commodore or falcon off the lights. LOL. Always does it for me.

its people like this that give skyline enthusiast a bad name. it annoys me to think that 'p' platers who want to illegaly drag race can give a negative sterotype to the general public when most of the people that drive a skyline (especially a gtr) are in their 30's, 40's, 50's and 60's.

Originally posted by Damo

Well including track days which are on several times a month at various tracks around town can easily accommodate for large numbers.  All I am saying is that there is a time and a place to give your car a flogging, doing it on public streets with 100 others is just asking for trouble.  If u have to get off on the roads just smoke a commodore or falcon off the lights. LOL.  Always does it for me.

u say drag racing on public streets is bad but yet u can easily say that smoking a commodore or falcon at the lights is right?? umm from what i know this is also illegal

so basically your contradicting what you just said

Chaos,

Giving your car a little squirt off the lights will never hurt anyone (in my opinion) and I never said anything about going over the speed limit.

I do not believe that having 2 different opinions on 2 issues that are at such opposite ends of the scale is a contradiction.

And I cant imagine why my opinion would concern you unless u are on of these fast and furious drag racers or you are driving miss daisy.

Damo

the inspector said it all when he said:

"They [drag racers] generally don't like to congregate on highways. They tend to choose the back streets where there are less cars so they can race up and down the street freely"

doesnt this show that they are at least thinking about waht they are doing and trying to do it in a spot that will pose the least risk to society. making sure that innocent persons awould not be affected by their actions (except for the noise pollution)?

dont get me wrong, i dont condone what they did for a second, but surely the police were over reacting a bit when they went over ever car that was there. at least the "p" plater had enough sense to do it in an industrial area where there were less cars and things to hit.

I do agree with Damo when he says that a squirt off the lights never hurt anybody, as it is over in a very short period of time and they never usually exceed the speed limit.

just my 2 cents

Rolla Boy