SAU Community

Guilt-toy Now Running On E85 !

ENHANCE service stations in sydney. http://www.enhanceethanol.com.au/service_nsw.php

granville have e85 for 99.5c pl

SERVICE STATIONS - NSW

Company Street Address Suburb Postcode

West Ryde Ethanol 889 Victoria Road

Phone: (02) 9809 1525

Fax: (02) 9809 1915 West Ryde 2114

Forestville Ethanol 663 Warringah Road

Phone: (02) 9975 1610

Fax: (02) 9975 5513

Forestville 2087

Payless Fuel 31-35 Unwins Bridge Road

Phone: (02) 9519 8302

Fax: (02) 9519 6961 Sydenham 2044

Westmead Ethanol 3 Hassal Street

Phone: (02) 9633 4816

Fax: (02) 9633 4816 Westmead 2145

Lansdowne Ethanol 987 Hume Highway

Phone: (02) 9725 6013

Fax: (02) 9725 6174 Lansdowne 2163

Robertson Service Centre 22 Hoddle Street (P.O Box 60)

Phone: (02) 4885 1501

Fax: (02) 4885 1201 Robertson 2577

Punchbowl Ethanol 998 Punchbowl Road

Phone: (02) 9793 9573

Fax: (02) 9793 9315 Punchbowl 2196

Granville Ethanol 2 Rawson Street

Phone: (02) 9892 1988

Fax: (02) 9632 0222 Granville 2142

Chullora Ethanol 77 Hume Highway

Chullora 2190

Albion Park Ethanol 253 Princes Highway

Phone: (02) 9809 1525

Fax: (02) 9809 1915 Albion Park Rail 2527

Tahmoor 2790 Rememberance Drive

Phone: (02) 4681 0384

Fax: (02) 4681 0549 Tahmoor 2573

yeah, 2 weeks after i ran e85 in my tank i changed the fuel filter. it was blocked. so blocked i have never seen a fuel filter this blocked before.

I have been told that E85 totally cleans your fuel system, even cleans the gunk out of your fuel tank.

So the fuel filter is needed to be changed very regularly until the system is completely clean.

Pretty soon most of the carbon will be out of the engine and your oil will come out as clean as it went in.

So i think a new fuel filter every 500km is on the cards for a while.

Hi all , just heard mention of E85 being sold at some servo on the Hume Hwy near Woodville road ? Sydney that is .

Does anyone know where it is ?

Cheers A .

Dropped in here today because I wanted to slip in enough E85 to bring Bp Ultimate up to "E10" , 99.6c per liter .

Yes the pumps are locked but the feller gave me the keys when said I only wanted 4L and that I accepted full responsibility , got a love em - 10 or 12 minutes up the road from work .

A .

Edited by discopotato03

Dropped in here today because I wanted to slip in enough E85 to bring Bp Ultimate up to "E10" , 99.6c per liter .

Yes the pumps are locked but the feller gave me the keys when said I only wanted 4L and that I accepted full responsibility , got a love em - 10 or 12 minutes up the road from work .

A .

There are two Enhance service stations that have E85: The one West of the Meccano lights, Liverpool-bound on the Hume Highway, and one on the corner of rawson Rd and Ferndell St, South Granville.

Yes , more ethanol out there - bring it on .

Have you noticed that just about everyone now sells unleaded E10 and it's just about become the std read cheap fuel about the place .

Im beginning to wonder if the 85/15 grade may have been biting off more than most cars can chew ATM and it's possible that something more like E15 or E20 would be more in fitting with what most modern cars with self learning computers can cope with .

I suppose if manufacturers were prepared to use larger injectors and give their computers a bit more scope to increase fueling it would help , I guess along with an ethanol content sensor thats a lot of what a Flex Fuel car has . Dealers could probably organise a flash tune probe and injectors as a factory upgrade if it was worth their while .

Also while I'm here can someone tell me what the Ryco part no is for an R33 fuel filter (GTS25T) .

Cheers A .

Have you ever driven one of those heaps of garbage ? Porkafied Falcon wagon pretending to be an SUV .

Just another heavy bloated unguided missile to avoid ...

Have driven the turbo and F6X for many many kilometers and loved every moment. They f**king fly and they have heaps of room. Comfortable and not unattractive compared to most of its competition.

The Ethanol servo at Albion Park Rail is 119 and padlocked which I thought was a little weird until I saw the updates to this thread. Seems dear compared to everywhere else.

Have driven the turbo and F6X for many many kilometers and loved every moment. They f**king fly and they have heaps of room. Comfortable and not unattractive compared to most of its competition.

The Ethanol servo at Albion Park Rail is 119 and padlocked which I thought was a little weird until I saw the updates to this thread. Seems dear compared to everywhere else.

Have you got an address for that site?

did you get any? its still alot cheaper than 110 octane race fuel.

No. It might be cheaper but I'm yet to see that it's as good and I didn't build this engine to make less than maximum hp.

Suck and see..

$30 for half a tank of E85 tune grab a power reading and then push in $250-$300 for half a tank of decent race fuel tune and grab a power reading.

A decent tuner should be able to grab a pretty spot on power figure within 30-60mins.

I guess it comes down to what your goals are and how friendly you are with your workshop.

For an hour on the dyno you could see if E85 is worth the 'hassle' or not especially considering the price of decent fuel in drums. :S

I guess it comes down to what your goals are and how friendly you are with your workshop.

For an hour on the dyno you could see if E85 is worth the 'hassle' or not especially considering the price of decent fuel in drums. :S

No, it comes down to pump fuel being horribly inconsistent and me not wanting to risk blowing up an engine because of one bad batch of fuel.

It's pretty simple to understand.