SAU Community

Guilt-toy Now Running On E85 !

I have decided to post the results in the thread...

The previous test back in Feb 07 my results were

THC 0.39 NOX 1.01 CO 2.6 CO2 287.3

That was a pass. the requirements for my model car is

THC 0.93 NOX 1.93 CO 9.3 (CO2 not required)

Yesterday the results were....

THC 0.62 NOX 0.69 CO 1.1 CO2 312.7

If it was not for the fuel spike when going up the hill at about 170 seconds in then the THC would have been down to around 0.25 I would say... If i had of used the same CAT as i used last time.. things would be very different.

HOLY CRAP!

I been reading on the net a bit about IM240, and i came across this.. In California..

"Help for poor folks. If a vehicle fails a Smog Check inspection, but the owner cannot afford to make the repairs, the owner may be granted a "repair cost waiver" if the owner first pays for at least $450 in emissions-related repairs at a licensed repair station. This waiver is good for two years, and only one waiver will be issued while the motorist owns the vehicle."

AND...

"There is also an "economic hardship extension" for qualified low-income motorists. Like the Repair Cost Waiver, the extension is valid for two years and may be obtained only once during a motorist's ownership of a vehicle. However, to obtain an extension, motorists must spend $250 on emissions-related repairs at a licensed Smog Check station, or have an estimate from a licensed Smog Check station showing that a single repair would cost more than $250. Motorists must also verify their household income, which must be at or below 175% of the federal poverty level (about $29,000 a year for a family of four)."

http://www.aa1car.com/library/im240.htm

WOW!.. I wonder how many people here could have applied for the "repair cost waiver" LOL

That's not a joke. Ethanol is alcohol. It is the basis of commercially produced spirits. Apparently people who make their own ethanol have to put some (2%) petrol in it 'so that no one will drink it. In American Drag racing there is a class called "Top Alcohol" which is for methanol powered cars (methanol is chemically very similar to ethanol but methanol is naturally poisonous so undrinkable).

Aus has a top alcohol division as well... bloody kiwis :wave:

That's not a joke. Ethanol is alcohol. It is the basis of commercially produced spirits. Apparently people who make their own ethanol have to put some (2%) petrol in it 'so that no one will drink it. In American Drag racing there is a class called "Top Alcohol" which is for methanol powered cars (methanol is chemically very similar to ethanol but methanol is naturally poisonous so undrinkable).

They add Methanol to ethanol to make it undrinkable, not petrol. This is what you would know as Methylated Sprits or Denatured Alcohol. It used to be about 10% Methanol that was added to Ethanol.

Top Alcohol as a drag racing class is bloody awesome and is run in many countries including Australia.

Yeah Father Dirt has a early chrissy pressy for me when i go back up to newcastle on friday :(

hmmmm.. going to be interesting trying to tune this ecu :) lucky i have the master AC from Turbotechnics to help me on saturday

Guess who's got themselves a new more advanced ECU...flat shift, launch control, anti-lag, full logging etc...?

And it will now allow the car to be driven while its raining!

yeah looks like it mate. I cannot move forward with the PFC anymore.. I have learnt all i need to know about PFC's.. time to move onto bigger and better things.

what the funk?!

You're dropping the PFC?!

I CARN BELEEF!

what the funk?!

You're dropping the PFC?!

I CARN BELEEF!

Yes and he is removing The KLF from his CD collection too.

The 90's were very good but its time to move on.

GTST i always thought the LX Torana style drop tank was more his look.

Edited by DiRTgarage