SAU Community

Guilt-toy Now Running On E85 !

Ill have a stab in the dark and say its a Vipec :D

Of course it is. Dirt man would be all over his arse shitcanning any thing else. ;)

he would say he was only joking tho. ;)

Edited by FineLine

im going over to the dark side mate. I am pretty sure with this ECU i can add a MAF if the MAP sensor pisses me off (this is a very good quality ecu so apparently this will not happen)

As for how the IM240 machine works at the RTA, i have NO idea.

But i do know how the machine reads, what it reads for and whats acceptable levels for whatever car.. I also know what levels are high medium and low when doing the dummy IM240 tests on the dyno instead of the guesswork i have been using previously.

Should be tuning another car for emissions very soon.

Fair enough , maybe having enough processing power to run everything in real time rather than count back etc may make a worthwhile difference . If it can self learn maybe the MAP system can stay on top of things .

My aversion is because I don't think inlet manifolds that work as an inlet manifold are real good at giving pressure signal clarity to a pressure sensing devise . The fluctuations in common plenum manifolds often don't give much idea what the engine wants because reversions don't mean much to an EMS . IMO the conditions upstream of the throttlebody/s

are what needs to known and a MAP sensor can't do that for you .

That aside I would always insist on having a system that can do MAF and MAP , like you said it leaves your options open .

I would also insist on something that can read the std optical triggers and run the six coils and fully sequential injection system .

Best of luck , cheers A .

yeah for sure!

I got another 3 emissions test to do... still got some more projects on the cards

once you get the map system sorted are you going to go for another emissions test?

assuming the MAP system wont be effected by reversion?

Hey mate

I did this for you on my last tank of e85 before going back to 98 (just untill i learn this new ecu)

I got 320km's to a full tank, and i did boost it a few times, did not drive like a granny. I used to get 350 - 430km's to a tank with 98

Once the car was tuned properly the e85 consumption was much better from when i first started.

Few things i noticed after the switch back to 98.

I have stalled the engine 4 times:

the fuel gauge does not go down to a quarter of a tank after 50km's

i cannot go up hills in 3rd gear anymore

i am changing gears more often then before.

i lost 40kw at the wheels

I am going to the United servo in Newcastle tomorrow to try and convince them to stock e85.

great thread mate, and very interesting work. thanks for sharing it. there is one simple little comparison I'd love you to do if you can. next time you fill up on e85 fill the tank full and re-set your trip meter. then when you go back fill it full again, read off how many kms you travelled and you can do a quick ltrs/100km figure. then try the same with PULP (if you ever use it again). XXXkms to a tank is a big vague as you have no real way to tell how much fuel is left in the tank and I don't even know how many ltrs a GTST tank holds! I'd love to know the ltrs/100km figures and it would add one more usefull figure to your so far very thorough investigations. :rofl:

Good luck with the test this arvo.

you have inspired me GT...

i've been looking into this for a bit and think i will give it a shot when e85 gets popular and we get pumps around melbourne. (ie after the v8 supercars start using it next year)

i've found a tiny laptop that i can permanently install in the glovebox for $400 and now i just need datalogit :) (CBF lugging around a loose laptop)

just hope my injectors handle it... dont wanna have to upgrade them again :D

I have 740cc, at what power level would the injectors be maxing out running E85? 330rwkw?

i got 340rwkw with e85 and was only up to about 70% injectors. heaps of room for more (i have 740's)

injectors are 555's i currently have 265rwkw on 19 psi 2835 pro s

you should be right to reach 300rwkw with e85

ohhh well just tell him its ok because you dont have a horse power figure goal, you have a KW figure goal =)

sweet... i was thinking 300 would be the e85 goal ;)

*cue ash telling me not to have a horsepower goal figure* :down: