SAU Community

Got Yellow Stickered.

Haunter

So I just got a yellow sticker just off Cambridge st while I was on my way to pick up some takeaway Sienna's. Three cops were in the car and they drove past going the opposite direction, i drove past them noramlly and they immediately turned around and put on the siren's (I was doing anything out of the norm).

I pulled over on to a offstreet just before lake monger and they all get out and come to my window and tell me to turn the engine off. First thing I said is "It's got a turbotimer, It wont turn of straight away." He shot back immediately "Have you got permit's for the turbo timer? Or for the turbo? pop the hood, I want to see what else you haven't got permits for." At this point I realise I'm most probably f**ked. I didn't have permit's for anything and was using the excuse, "Nah, I didn't get any with the car and wasn't 100% sure what I needed them for."

So as I open the bonnet he ask's if i have permit's for the blow off valve etc. etc. Then he asks if I have anything that I haven't told them about in the car and ask's whether or not I have the "green shit"(he actually said that, I laughed and said no) or any weapons etc. "Nah man, All clean... Was just on my way to pick up some dinner". The guy that wrote out the ticket was obviously a rookie because the main cop asking the questions had to tell him how to do everything, I got to be the cops training exercise. Fantastic.

HERES THE INTERESTING PART: He said to me that the Police have been instructed to go after the modified 'rice burners' because they are most likely to be hoon and reckless drivers. I asked well what about falcodore's and that type, he replies "Oh anything 'hoon looking' with a P really"

He also asked whether or not I had seen the new R35 GT-R's.... He seemed like he was into cars but he had to give me the stickers to show the other cops just how to do it. Maybe if he was on his own he wouldn't have.

Pretty cut. But lesson learnt.

Least he didn't see my non-cat exhaust :)

Edited by Haunter

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad luck man, Geez it shits me how they just target imports because they think we are all hoons.

What about the old duck in the beat up old whatever, That is falling to bits and shouldn't even be on the road.

Thats one of the good things about living in Kalgoorlie, There is so many V8's around that the cops don't even worry about the imports.

So what did you end up getting stickered for?

take it on the chin buddy i got stickered out dwellingup way cause they didnt have the speed camera running and couldnt fine me for anything

guy at the inspection station cleared me in like 5 mins and said well you just got a $80 fine i still dont have any of the permits the officer said i need as the inspector recons i dont need em

and no i didnt get brethod either

funny story tho got booze bused the other day in the work ute and had to reverse to get out they said zero about the lack of reversing lights (stolen for indictor globes) i was sure they would have noticed what with it being dark and all

You drive an import mate, get used to it. To be honest, I'm surprised I havent been done yet. My exhaust is obviously too loud, among other things.

My mate (Hoony on here) was done on a cruise. His was the most stock car there, was doing the speed limit, and co-operated fully with the police. Still got a sticker.

Point is, if they want to sticker you, they will. Its there was of "saving lives". Good luck with getting it off.

The reason written was for a 'questionably low exhaust system.' He was probably wanting me to go to the pits to get everything checked out.

Put a cat on, make sure there's no fluid leaks anywhere & everything is in working order & tidy, and you should be right. Unless you do have other stuff like a bov which you would have to take off/plumb back, and your turbo timer you will have to turn off & hide or disconnect it because they aren't allowed...

Oh yeah. One more tip, turn the car and the lights off as soon as you stop, and get out of the car and meet them half way. Makes it more even that way. AND DONT TELL THEM ANYTHING!! Otherwise your just making it easy for them. Oh yeah, and dont be a dickhead. They dont like that for some reason.

Oh yeah. One more tip, turn the car and the lights off as soon as you stop, and get out of the car and meet them half way. Makes it more even that way. AND DONT TELL THEM ANYTHING!! Otherwise your just making it easy for them. Oh yeah, and dont be a dickhead. They dont like that for some reason.

I’d leave the lights on if it were night. Safer that way I’d imagine. Can't see police getting all ancey in their pantsey for you leaving head lights on. Turning the engine off is ok

Sure get out and walk to the cops and be friendly. But don’t get out and charge towards them like a twat, they might deem that as hostile. Last thing you want is to be tazored.

Co-operate with them and realise that they, just as you have done all week, are only doing their job.

It's all common sense. If you play up, expect to get f**ked.

^ lol

just sit there and shut up...

been stickered a few times just as some of the guys here have been done... thing is, last 5-7 times i've been pulled over, only got a warning...

before they get to your car, get your license ready for them, give it to them when they ask for it... they'll ALWAYS say, ''good evening sir, have you got your license there with you?'' DON'T say anything...

even if you have a timer, don't tell them... and don't turn the car off... if they want it off they'll tell you, they might even want it still on so just keep it on, if they tell you to turn it off it's because they'll be taking a few minutes to write you a ticket... if you have a turbo timer say it's integrated with the alarm

simple things like that, don't talk too much unless you're quick with your mouth because they'll give you a spanking, like Rhys said, if they want, they'll sticker you... full stop

all the best for the future mate

Thanks for all the info guys... Obviously my first time being pulled over at all...

Was expecting it but I've had the car for about a 1 and a half now and hadn't even been looked at twice.

Going to get the car checked out somewhere... Not sure where yet, to make sure it will get over the pits.... Any idea's guys?

Also; permits, Do I need them and how much will they cost?

When I get pulled over, I stay in the car and leave it running. Mind games, gives the impression you don't think you have done anything wrong and should be leaving quickly... at least that's what I tell myself hahaha. Turn the radio off, window down, licence ready and lose the attitude if you have one. Answer their questions without making any admissions of guilt, whether you are guilty or not. Most importantly have answers ready for their typically common questions, if they ask you a question and you don't answer it straight away then you're lying... you have to think to lie and that takes time! Don't try and chat them up, they aren't your friend and doing so will make it seem like you have something to hide. Basically just talk as little as possible while still being cooperative and not admitting guilt! Simple really.

I still think though if you have done the wrong thing and they've caught you out then you should take it on the chin, arguing with them if they've got substantial evidence is only going to make things worse.

Sucks if you get a prick of a cop though (usually the older ones who have "seen it all before" and say shit like "I know your type") and decided they were going to screw you over and abuse their authority as soon as they saw you. Sounds like you met one of these Haunter, bad luck :P

The law on defect notices really sucks, you're out of pocket if the car was perfectly road legal at the time it was issued and the officer doesn't have any disciplinary action taken against them. Could be fixed if you had the option of paying for the car to be towed away, stored at a secure facility and then inspected as it was at the time of the defect notice. If it was defective then the government pockets more of your money, but if it wasn't defective then you get your money back and the cop gets disciplined for playing pretend mechanic.

Edited by big col

Sure get out and walk to the cops and be friendly. But don't get out and charge towards them like a twat, they might deem that as hostile. Last thing you want is to be tazored.

or if in Melbourne shot 8 times!

I always advocate to turn the car off (turbo timers have off buttons) , get out , walk to the cops , intercept them between you and the car . Be nice , friendly , try your best to be polite and articulate and appear sound and sensible . First impressions count the most , if you can intercept them before they get to your car and establish a great first impression this will help immensely .

it helps a lot if you dont look anything like this guy

corey-delany-0808-lg-41968321.jpg

Haha you guys are lucky,

In NZ if you even try getting out of the car they yell and you to get back in, either because they suspect you have a weapon or because they know you are doing something wrong

Just do what they say, if they don't tell you to get out, don't get out.

When I got stickered, I was sat in the car the whole time, the only time I've had to get out was when they wanted to yell at me or drug test me.

If they (think) they've caught you doing something stupid and they want to yell at you, just look them in the eye and take it. don't give them lip and they'll probably let you go.

I had this happen a couple of times on my P's, lol :P