SAU Community

Got Over 400kw Atw?

T04GTR

It's being built to circiut, 3deg camber on front and 2.5 rear

Nice im building mine for same application and ocasional strip run . I want to look more into setting upnfor camber I am putting the gk teck camber arms in rear any particular adivice on the way to set it up ? I know its prob wrong thread pm me if you want :)

Went to the drags tonight

Car weighed in at 1661kgs plus 108kgs for me

And with a less then Ideal run it ran 10.88 @ 132.23mph on 24psi and was politely asked to GTFO :)

Congrats Mick :) What was the 60'? And what tyres + size?

My R33 weighed 1760 with me in it (102kg) Didn't think they were that heavy!

Mine weighed in at 1580 kg. Only weight oust of it was wheel, jack and boot interior. Where is the extra weight coming from? 80 odd Kgs doesn't exactly hide under a seat.

Must be that fuel pump, Mick ;).

Congrats Mick :) What was the 60'? And what tyres + size?

My R33 weighed 1760 with me in it (102kg) Didn't think they were that heavy!

Thanks mate, Toyo TQs in 255/?/16s, haha I forgot the profile

1760 is about the same, mine is 1770 with my fat arse in it

Mine weighed in at 1580 kg. Only weight oust of it was wheel, jack and boot interior. Where is the extra weight coming from? 80 odd Kgs doesn't exactly hide under a seat.

Must be that fuel pump, Mick ;).

9ltr surge tank and a 7kg pump, all new line with original ones still there, two amps and the woofers for the front splits are 5kgs each, RB30 half grout filled plus a heap of other, it all adds up :(

The R32 is either 1408 or 1480, can't remember

I too can't do without a good sound system, must be the wog coming out of me

9ltr surge tank and a 7kg pump, all new line with original ones still there, two amps and the woofers for the front splits are 5kgs each, RB30 half grout filled plus a heap of other, it all adds up :(

• Like 1

It's being built to circiut, 3deg camber on front and 2.5 rear

Have you tracked it with these settings yet? I'm at about 4deg front and 1.5deg rear. I think I need more at the front but have not really looked into the rear as much.

Mine is full interior but no stereo, hicas, air con or spare wheel/boot lining and weighs 1430ish kg without driver and 1/4 of a tank of fuel so there is a lot of scope for your car to lose some weight

I wouldn't think you'd want more than 1.5 degrees out back with over 400kw would you? It'd just be bake city every time you put your foot down.

It's a balance between grip in a straight line and grip in a corner, if you grip more in a corner you get on the straight going faster which means less chance of wheelspin.

In saying that, warm r-comps don't really spin at all in a straight line

Thanks Zebra

I too can't do without a good sound system, must be the wog coming out of me

I'm a Kiwi and buggered if I'm going drive around with no tunes, so its not just a wog thing :)

Have you tracked it with these settings yet? I'm at about 4deg front and 1.5deg rear. I think I need more at the front but have not really looked into the rear as much.

Mine is full interior but no stereo, hicas, air con or spare wheel/boot lining and weighs 1430ish kg without driver and 1/4 of a tank of fuel so there is a lot of scope for your car to lose some weight

I have but the tyres I had on it where crap, Faulken semi craps lol, these setting working pretty good with them, when I change the rear lower control arms I will knock it back to 2deg

The R34 is heavier then the 32 from the get go, and given it is suppose to be a street car I'm not to worried about weight, when I first bough it the old owner had completely striped it out and it weighed 1480kgs, I raced it the day after I brought it and weighed it then before putting it back together

Michael, I agree with what Simon said :)

I got a couple of kiwi mates, they think they're rappers when on the piss haha, top blokes though

Haha yeah that sounds about right, I'm from Irish heritage, so no rapping from me :D

Cheers Pete, load of fun getting it off the line :D, can't wait to try and get it out of a corner

What wheels were on the R34? I thought 16's wouldn't fit over the brakes on 33's and 34s?

I went 11.5@126 with a 1.81 sixty foot. Only mods were -5's and fuel + ECU upgrade making 327rwkw and 19" tyres.

How were you launching yours?

What wheels were on the R34? I thought 16's wouldn't fit over the brakes on 33's and 34s?

I went 11.5@126 with a 1.81 sixty foot. Only mods were -5's and fuel + ECU upgrade making 327rwkw and 19" tyres.

How were you launching yours?

Factory R32 16s, with 20mm spacers and a quick grind off the ridge of the caliper and they fit with like .5mm clearance :D

I ran last week with 275/35/19s and couldn't get more then 128mph, the Toyos stand 1" lower in OD the the 19s I have, I have 265/35/18 hankook semis I have to get rims for and they are smaller in diameter again

Interesting. I had the same size tyres on mine when I ran two weeks ago. I also have a set of R32 16's with MT radials. I think the R33 is similar in mods. Might give it a crack.