SAU Community

Got Over 400kw Atw?

T04GTR

I've always liked the xr6 turbo BUT there is a trade off... my mate made 390kw with his and blew many transmissions, diffs and uni joints. What a torque monster though

Drop that donk in a gtr (only if) = win :)

The BF and FG will make >400rwkw with the stock turbo, exhaust, diff and gearbox all day everyday, the BAs won't handle more than 250 before blowing both of them up though.

Haha, I to thought about putting the Barra motor in a GTR and the adaptor plate wasn't really an issue, the hieght of the 4.0 on the otherhand with the 4WD sump will pose a few issues :(

You would definitely need a massive bonnet bulge to fit it in, quite a tall motor.

The BF and FG will make >400rwkw with the stock turbo, exhaust, diff and gearbox all day everyday, the BAs won't handle more than 250 before blowing both of them up though.

You would definitely need a massive bonnet bulge to fit it in, quite a tall motor.

I made 300kw in my BA when everything was pretty much standard. Gearbox and diff lasted less than a month haha. I guess that's what you get with 1000 odd NM.

PS: An FG XR6 won't make 400kw with a standard turbo but the F6 will.

• 6 months later...

Whats your specs mate?

Racepace built rb26

PTE 6262 twin scroll setup

6boost manifold

Stock cams

Id1000's

E85 + twin intank Walbro's

Power FC

This was on 23psi

Racepace built rb26

PTE 6262 twin scroll setup

6boost manifold

Stock cams

Id1000's

E85 + twin intank Walbro's

Power FC

This was on 23psi

probably a bit more boost in her too

Do you have an RPM graph for the X axis?

would love see what rpm boost and power is made

Good thread revival Buraz!

How did u squeeze 2 intank walbros? Do u have 32,33 or 34?

It's an R33 Gtr, Racepace did all the fab work and all the fuel setup. I couldn't exactly tell you what adapters etc they used, i didn't see it all while outside the car. I know they made it all in house and there was lots of work involved.

probably a bit more boost in her too

Do you have an RPM graph for the X axis?

would love see what rpm boost and power is made

This is the only graph I have!!

Probably is but didn't want to push it, engine has lots of track days and kms on it since rebuild I just wanna keep it safe until I have it freshened up.

Even with a Nitto 3.2 I could not make it :no:

But have not given up just yet :unsure: this was 98 pump

Going to upgrade the fuel line and exhaust. Do a flex tune , should make it on 98 and then see what E85 does to the Graph ????

post-52098-0-26587700-1430856204_thumb.gif

• Like 1

everyone in this thread good at changing boxes?

I'm up to 4 broken after doing 2 in a weekend at Racewars not long ago

So far I've stripped 3rd gear twice, sheared the input shaft once and the latest appears to be a broken reverse/5th selector fork.

In saying that they only ever break when no mechanical sympathy is shown, if you are gentle and select the gear and the roll off the clutch they seem to be fine (as oppose to smashing through gears and kicking clutches)

Edited by SimonR32

Even with a Nitto 3.2 I could not make it :no:

But have not given up just yet :unsure: this was 98 pump

Going to upgrade the fuel line and exhaust. Do a flex tune , should make it on 98 and then see what E85 does to the Graph ????

make well over 400 man.

make well over 400 man.

Apart from the problems I have had since the build it goes pretty quick now , very linear. Feels great on corners, no surprises/

It will be interesting to see how a bigger Dump and Cat makes it respond and what it adds to the overall performance :/

It will make a more then noticeable difference pete

Hi Joey, hope your right, hate wasting money.

There seems to be 2 different opinions on this subject but I am going with what you blokes have told me from your experience as I like first hand feedback not from books:)