SAU Community

HSV vs R33gtst

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how do you tell what handicaps each car is running, the boost for the EVO/STIs looks like std levels??? Never looked at the site before, thanks.

You can always tell your neighbour that he has bought a kitted executive.. then watch him squirm for the next 3 weeks making sure its not the case :D

hahaha move house!!

just pray that your neighbour can't drive and u can.

My mates got a 180 that always felt quicker than mine, finally gave him a run the other day, and due to the fact that he cant change gears properly, caused him to lose hahahahahaha.

if u win tho, get ready for a shitload of excuses, like me (needs an oil change, tyres are bald and its hard to launch, i thought i saw something appear on the road... bla bla bla )

HSV's are nice cars...

but rememeber, they are auzzie cars.

nothing will compare to Jap engineering etc.

Look at the local makes... they are getting their european counterparts and importing them (why?) as they are better build.

But a HSV GTS (the flagship) is quite fast atually. it's not all about the KW output, those beats produce some monster torque.

I've 'encountered' a few in my time. Yes i beat them... but they give me a nice run i must say!

Much more fun & better than a 33 with mods or a similarly modded silvia/180.

you gotta drive well to get the jump on them. As there are upgrade packages lol!

they catch ya off gaurd sometimes :P

If you wanted to do a real comparsion then you would do the top cars from the manufactura. Theres no point comparing a gtst to gts300 because they are not on the same level(skylines are on the next level:D ) but you know what I mean.

Compare the top cars as HPI did and then that is a fair comparsion!

The direct comparsion for the gtst would be the executive V8 or superchaged V6(if applicable) which wouldn't be a comparson any way

Both skylines and HSV's are nice cars, I still love the look of a bombed HSV or a falcon for that matter, but it is What tickles your fancy:D

For the record

I LOVE MY SKYLINE :D

ahahaha, i love this threads. Go the holden Bashing, its good 2 see that just cuz u drive a line or like the J-spec cars u think its the BEST thing since slice bread, and everything else is crap and cant compaire 2 it.

Im sorry but unless u work with Nissan and Holden and are invole in making both cars u cant say one has better quialty ect ect.

sorry 4 going off, its just im sick and tied of this threads, just cuz u beat one TYPE A car doesnt mean u can beat all Type a cars and that they are all shit. other factors are inc. such as driver, weather ect

I drive a 4 year old Holden and an 11yr old Nissan

The VT is piss and the Nissan is still of the highest quality even after all these years....Everyone's entitled to their opinion and opinions are derived from experience or ignorance (mine experience) so if you dont like what you're reading dont read the thread...

yes its a trivial thread but damn it man its a good read

Originally posted by Soulja

Im sorry but unless u work with Nissan and Holden and are invole in making both cars u cant say one has better quialty ect ect.

Have you owned either type of car?

JimX, i have driven a vs for about 2yrs now stock v6 and yes they come with their problems, i have never driven a skyline but would like 2. I have also driven a cv8 with exhuast. The quailty of both holdens have been top, the vs has around 190,000kms on it and is still kicking (and i have giving it a good run for its money (if u know wat i mean :):()) and yeah my sis owns a Astra which is a very nice car quialty is top and handering is TOP!, good kick for a 1.8L left a FTO 2 see her plates more than once

I have been a passager in a r31 and r32, and also speedworks s15 (my mates brother bought it with the 300rwhp engine and hks springs, not the 700rwhp engine :D) very nice cars :uh-huh:

I just dont like this whole bashing of anytime of cars, be j-spec or us-spec, euro-spec or aus-spec.

If you dont like the car fair enough, why bash.

Not having ago a HsvKiller but, im sure your R32 has kill many hsv but their is always some one out their Faster and better than you, many hsv drivers are oldmen 40+ (50%) the rest are ricer type drivers (e.g. the Wogs wit their fully sick VLs ahaha no disrespect 2 wogs as i am one :D ) so you don't really see many hardcore drivers unlike line or other j-spec cars (just saw one when i went down 2 video-Eazy r32 wit Robziller plates)

Originally posted by Roy

How about i wash all the cars in the dealership every morning for 3 years... and in return i get me a silver GenIII Monaro .I figure a HSV might blow our car wash arrangement out to 5 years:D

u can always apply for yardperson position... :D (i was one of them not so long ago... hehe.. car washer to finance manger? not bad huh? :D )

the enginge in these 'aussie' cars isn't even aussie.

firstly they get the engine out of a great car in the corvette and drop it in calling it a fully australian car. then they try to tweak it and can't so have to send it back to america so callaway can modify it to 300kW!

the engine in the 300W HSV isn't even modified by HSV!

hmmmm that says something about holden design and build. on the other hand, the 5.4L V8 in the BA falcon was built in australia (still using mostly american parts though) but still a much better engine as it has DOHC. i actually read somewhere that a brand new 290kW BA put out more rwKw than a brand new 300kW HSV. says something for their apparent crank power...

WazR32GTSt, only the Vt+ models, have the us Ls1 350chevy in it (im not sure abou the callaway part, as i belived they only tune the c4 corvette ZR-1, GS and callaway twin-turbo)

Holden has not been able 2 get the tuning right for the HSV, for along time, too much weight and not enough power.