SAU Community

Dump Pipe Wont Make A Difference?

The next thing you know, you'll be parked on the side of the road with a 500m long oil slick in your wake, with parts of the engine scattered all over the place because he thought you could advance your timing 40 degrees with 35 lbs of boost on regular unleaded whilst using the quality stock injectors.

Exactly. Everybody knows if you're going to do that you should run premium at least!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am about to order an X-Force dump/front pipe and hi-flow cat. I've been told they are very good. I wanted stainless but they are double the price and apparently mild steel will last a bloody long time anyway. Agree?

Exactly what I have so agree.....having said that mine is showing some surface rust in a few exposed areas(at the bottom) was installed 08/2007

I would get a better cat though

I am about to order an X-Force dump/front pipe and hi-flow cat. I've been told they are very good. I wanted stainless but they are double the price and apparently mild steel will last a bloody long time anyway. Agree?

Yeah I agree, but I went with stainless anyway.

The mild steel one will start to spot, then turn a disgusting shit brown, and then will start to flake.

The stainless won't.

In the words of Borat - " It's a nice, I like!!!"

how much difference is there with a decat and high-flow? noticeable performance?

also apparently u smell petrol alot more and get black fumes aswell?

Does it change the sound aswell?

how much difference is there with a decat and high-flow? noticeable performance?

also apparently u smell petrol alot more and get black fumes aswell?

Does it change the sound aswell?

You get flames, strange smells, and hurled abuse from Greenpeace with a decat.

Black fumes? You mean black soot and stuff? That's your car running rich. You see it with/without a cat.

Back in the day the biggest difference I noticed with the dump was boost was more linear and came on at an earlier rpm providing a nice little lump of torque before boost really hit.

go with the bellmouth stainless. get a better cat than the just jap ceramic highflow. they have an overpriced xforce metalllic highflow. but any metallic highflow cat will do a good job.

then get a tune

then go see your mechanic, and tell him he's sooo wrong. then do some skids as you leave. then go back and look out your window at him, and say "seeeeeee?"

then come back here and tell us how much better everything feels now that it can breath freely.

then go home and eat some food. it will taste better than ever before.

your girlfriend will look hotter.

your friends will seem less annoying.

then later on, prank call your mechanic.

but seriously, do it. its well worth it. theyre so damn cheap anyway. $200 for jjr stainless front/dump bellmouth?

based on a true story. names and places have been changed. vehicle was an r33.

Edited by Munkyb0y

turbo's hate exhaust back pressure! ANY back pressure is ALL bad.

any removal of bad gas flow from any part of the exhaust will make torque and horsepower.. and proabably ecconomy!

If your paying somebody to do work for you, and they dont go racing... find somebody else who does go racing!

Because they will be 150 000 000 steps ahead of the dude your talking to!

the more they know, the more chance that they will often charge more for work done,

but that will save you $$$ cos they actually know what they are doing and can advise you on the next logical step forward that suits your needs. You wont be buying parts you dont need and then trying to get rid of them to buy something else that 'might' work.

that help you?

So far 9 out of 10 people say fitting a dump pipe will give gains BUT.... i noticed that along with changing the dump,most ppl also changed the cat,front pipe or the complete exhaust at the same time.

I already have a 3" cat-less exhaust from the stock dump pipe back.What kind of gains will i experience if i go with a bell mouth dump? Also all these dump pipes u guys are referring to are 3" right?