SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

and how do you go about doing that on an e85 tune?!!?!

I'm basing this on the assumption he has 2x tunes (which he might not).

Says who?

Five O Motorsports themselves and various other US based forums.

No-one told me this, and now I have gone and ruined my car... 5 years straight now. :/

LOL... man you guys are digressing! I was saying to pass 98RON through the car every so often to keep the injectors happy.

Remember that these crappy highflow injectors are modified old tech sidefeeds that were designed in an era where high alcohol content fuels were nothing but a dream.

lol.... yes I am aware of that, but for some we just don't pour all our money into our cars and do what we can

lol.... yes I am aware of that, but for some we just don't pour all our money into our cars and do what we can

Dude I've got the same injectors as you haha

I heard good things from 2 people and thought they'd be sweet..... nahh

yeah and loads of swearing - if I "had" a NEO motor I would have just drop in modern top feeds and would have called it a day.

Yeah I wish I had one too. I swapped out a dead R33 motor for another 33 25 that I have now.

Didn't realise the huge benefits of running the R34 motor at the time, should have done that instead

higher lift stock cams, drop in top feeds, beefier factory bottom end.. drool

Edited by Blackkers

yeah and loads of swearing - if I "had" a NEO motor I would have just drop in modern top feeds and would have called it a day.

Drops a 34 Neo in because changing the fuel rail is just all too hard. :P

Yeah just read up on that if running e85 constantly injector tips tend to gum up and even gm commodore flex cars in the states got told to run a tank of pump 98 clears up the gum

I'm on single nistune map so e85 constantly but am going to just run a e85 fuels system cleaner now on with every oil change

Edited by hy_rpm

Yeah just read up on that if running e85 constantly injector tips tend to gum up and even commodore flex cars in the states got told to run a tank of pump 98 clears up the gum

I'm on single nistune map so e85 constantly but am going to just run a e85 fuels system cleaner now on with every oil change

If you change fuel filters often enough shouldn't have any problems, 3 years so far for me full time e85 and everything is clean fuel filters, injectors.

I agree, mine has never been apart since I shoved the 1000's in there 5 years ago. I would imagine the tips may have some black gunk around them, but it hasn't blocked the internal injector filter, and the 40 micron stainless filters obviously let it through without gumming up. I do run teflon fuel lines though, and I am a little worried the black gunk is from the stock rubber lines.

There are two choices, change your paper filter more often, or change to a slightly more coarse stainless 30-40 micron and hopefully forget about it.

Another thing, don't use the little filter in the top that fits into the adapters, unless you want to replace them regularly. They clog up with that black gunk quickly as the surface area is minimal. I have seen it a few times now.

forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=37242444

Post 42

Thanks for the tip. That is pretty crazy, I thought E85 should be cleaning the injectors since it made every thing else internally pretty clean. my daily driver KIA is on E85 all times and done 23,000KMs with it so far. I will pull it out for a check up this weekend.

Yeah worth the check but even injector cleaner isn't the best solution

Running a tank of normal unleaded dissolves this gunk and mainly affects city driven cars stop and go

But if you mainly do highway kms not as bad

Might just add 10-15l pump 98 to a tank of e85 at each oil change might run very rich but dissolve this goo