SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

I hope those Siemen's are better than the ones I used to run... I would hate for you to have issues with another set of injectors to save $10ea Johnny. ;)

I just picked up a set of stainless 1400's for my evo 7 today, we are tuning the reverse rotation SS2 Hypergear evo highflow on the weekend, stock exhaust, intake and cooler for the engine run in. Should be interesting. :P

If you are using this fuel pump:

$(KGrHqVHJBcFBUUDMsuFBSbLZJsTnQ~~60_12.J

You must run two earth. You can just Tee it from the factory wiring and connect it straight to - terminal of your battery. It will then work.

Interesting that you should say that. I have mine required through a 60 Amp relay and suitable wiring, and twice it has killed the earth.

Both times the car was running perfect, left it for an hour or two and it just wouldn't prime. Both times the earth went open circuit. All other wires were fine but the earth was dead, and there didn't appear to be any damage to the wire. Certainly didn't look like it had had too much current through it.

Interesting that you should say that. I have mine required through a 60 Amp relay and suitable wiring, and twice it has killed the earth.

Both times the car was running perfect, left it for an hour or two and it just wouldn't prime. Both times the earth went open circuit. All other wires were fine but the earth was dead, and there didn't appear to be any damage to the wire. Certainly didn't look like it had had too much current through it.

Why wouldn't you run a dedicated earth back to the battery though, while you run the positive?

If you are using this fuel pump:

$(KGrHqVHJBcFBUUDMsuFBSbLZJsTnQ~~60_12.J

You must run two earth. You can just Tee it from the factory wiring and connect it straight to - terminal of your battery. It will then work.

I hope those Siemen's are better than the ones I used to run... I would hate for you to have issues with another set of injectors to save $10ea Johnny. ;)

I just picked up a set of stainless 1400's for my evo 7 today, we are tuning the reverse rotation SS2 Hypergear evo highflow on the weekend, stock exhaust, intake and cooler for the engine run in. Should be interesting. :P

Would be intresting to see your results on the evo 7

Mine made 285awkw on 25psi

Turbo is back at stao now for a turbine wheel upgrade to a td06h4

Hoping to gain better response and crack 300kw

The stock exhaust will be pushed hard, 2.3 Manley stroker, HKS step 2 cams with adj wheels, the rest is as factory. It's the most un-defectable car it will ever be, for a few weeks at least. ;)

If I can squeeze 250kw out of it I will be impressed. That will do me while the engine is run in.

Keen to see how those injectors go Scotty because those are the ones I'll be picking up off you when I get back.

I have installed them on quite a few cars lately, they idle fine as you would expect from a modern injector, no issues at all with them.

Looks like Im the only one left with five0 injectors that havent died yet lol I ordered 1 Spare now incase they do ever die while im at the track. So even on e85 you still having idle problems? Thats strange

Nah, mine are still doing 295kw and 10L/100km.

HIGH FFIIIIIIVVEE!!

T They perform differently on a SR - I fitted and tuned a set of 1000cc and my mate is getting 400km per tank on E85. Only about 120km less per tank than 98RON

Mines on are RB, most the failures and issues have been with people using the 1200's maybe there the issue cause im using 1000s.

They probably used a bigger drill bit and it's causing all the issues. Also the spray pattern looks like ass, I'm pretty sad I jumped the gun and bought these water pistols.

When you make a mistake there is only three things you should ever do about it

Admit it

Learn from it

Don't repeat it