SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Picked up this bad boy today after reading all 530 pages of this thread

10523565_856078507785625_194948415913983

Going onto an RB25det NEO in my R31 Ti

- Sard 650cc injectors (pretty rubbish)

- 2.5" cooler piping from turbo to t/b, 510x250x65 intercooler tube and fin (may be a restriction)

- 3" dump pipe, highflow 4" bodied metal cat, 3" exhaust with 2 straight through mufflers

- Aeromotive 340 stealth pump

- Nistune ER34 board

- Hypergear ATR43SS2 with op6 rear end to suit

- IWG welded up

- Turbosmart 40mm comp gate welded onto housing

- Screamer slash cut at passanger foot well

- 3" metal intake

- Z32 AFM

- Stock R31 airbox with highflow 'drift' filter and rear of lid chopped out (loses ALOT of power with unmodified lid, tbh most likely going to fabricate a custom airbox with panel filter.)

Hoping for 300 on P98 but will be more than satisfied with 280ish.

This should be easily possible, I'm back on the dyno today after changing the intercooler to see if i can hit 300kw mark on a rolling road, currently 284kw. Will update this evening.

This should be easily possible, I'm back on the dyno today after changing the intercooler to see if i can hit 300kw mark on a rolling road, currently 284kw. Will update this evening.

When back on the dyno, try a run with external gate screamer un-pluged from the dump pipe or let it externally gated. It will pickup more power on less boost that way.

Will you fit, balance and machine a comp housing to fit a gtx billet 71mm in a hks gt2535 tao? Or fit, balance machine a comp housing and fit a billet wheel of your own you u think would work with gt28 rear? The standard 2535 cast gt wheel is 69mm 56 trim and thecomp housing is .50 non surge slotted housing.

What sort of power should that be capable of with the gt28 rear wheel ans ss-2 billet on e85 wih the .64 hks rear. Id like to whack a exrternal gate off the housing to get rid of excess heat or wouls it be wirth porting the internal gate out as far as it can go? Thanks staoyour customer service is2nd to none.

on rb25 all supporting mods and 256 vtc cams. Yet to decide on a ecu yet. Want flex fuel and launch control. Lol

Edited by Joshbigt62r

GT28 rear is no good for RB25det engine, I don't recommend of fitting a much efficient compressor as it chocks the engine even worse. Since it is still working, sale it and get our standard 21U high flowed unit (we can supply donor turbo if you don't have one). it will make more power with same or better response.

10295196_10152932108354924_1802155133729

this makes me think you spent waaaay too much on a 31. Either way it's going to be a monster

more than you can imagine for a 31. lol.

had the car for 5 years though, and was my first car so doesn't really bother me.

*i do everything myself so dont think about fab or labour costs*

Edited by AUSBen31T

didn't try the wastegate vent to atmosphere...but here are the results anyway...which to be honest i'm pretty stoked with.

290rwkw @ 1.3bar on P98.

this is on a rolling road dyno. When i can i'd like to see what it does on a hub dyno.

only problem of the day was the Greedy type RS Bov started to leak quite badly.

post-95424-0-45186200-1423977765_thumb.jpg

I have a pair of -7s, one of them has slight damage to the comp wheel, the edges of the fins are rounded off, do you have a billet comp wheel that can replace these of the same size, I also want to have the factory .48 rear housings I have fitted to them

I am lookng to track only my 32 next year and want to replace the factory turbos while only losing as little response as possible while being able to run 19-22psi on the track without them blowing up

Alternatively I have complete stockers if you have CHRAs that can be fitted to the factory housings

GT28 rear is no good for RB25det engine, I don't recommend of fitting a much efficient compressor as it chocks the engine even worse. Since it is still working, sale it and get our standard 21U high flowed unit (we can supply donor turbo if you don't have one). it will make more power with same or better response.

I can vouch for the 21U highflow. Guilt toy was impressed with it too. 273 rwkw on 17psi with P98 and full boost at 3300rpm in 4th

I have a pair of -7s, one of them has slight damage to the comp wheel, the edges of the fins are rounded off, do you have a billet comp wheel that can replace these of the same size, I also want to have the factory .48 rear housings I have fitted to them

I am lookng to track only my 32 next year and want to replace the factory turbos while only losing as little response as possible while being able to run 19-22psi on the track without them blowing up

Alternatively I have complete stockers if you have CHRAs that can be fitted to the factory housings

We can high flow them to -5 or -9 depending on the HP chasing for.

With the damaged -7s I need to have a look at the turbo, the smallest billet wheel that I currently make is in 60mm that made 250rwkws on P98 on my SR20det.

Free of charge.

Before taking it off. have a feel of its shaft play. There should be about 1mm side to side and nothing in and out. If that is the case, check your engine breathers. if you do have a catch can, remove it and let breathers breath into atmosphere and see if the problem goes away.

What sort of power should that be capable of with the gt28 rear wheel ans ss-2 billet on e85 wih the .64 hks rear. Id like to whack a exrternal gate off the housing to get rid of excess heat or wouls it be wirth porting the internal gate out as far as it can go? Thanks staoyour customer service is2nd to none.

on rb25 all supporting mods and 256 vtc cams. Yet to decide on a ecu yet. Want flex fuel and launch control. Lol

Appears that you looking for results for this type of application. and I actually found one from few years back. This is during the evaluation and development of ATR43SS1PU. Dyno result shown 2535's 53mm turbine in .64 rear working with a older version of SS'2 billet compressor wheel, heat soaks with timing deducted avoiding detonation:

power.jpg

for your power level externally gated, you can use our ATR43SS-2 that boltup to most of your factory bits, or the SAT version of ATR45 (result appeared on Rb26) can be made as a bolton for RB25det or a SL2.05 in 10cm turbine.