SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Big ups for Tao especially for the Highflow and SS2 offerings. I've been running a 21U highflow now for almost 5 years.

The latest one has the ATR compressor housing with the latest wastegate and exhaust wheel design.

On a standard engine, standard exhaust manifold, standard intake manifold, greddy cooler & havoc hard intake pipe with a Z32 & 850cc injectors it makes over 300kw on pump E85 with 18PSI peak bleeding to 16PSI at the top.

But it's not the peak power figure that I love, it's the response and delivery of torque.

5F95EDA2-DB9F-4ED3-85D5-F9D250317AC3.jpg

• Like 3

I don't think the advantages of a EBC are drastic enough to correct a ~50rwkw deficit.

My TurboTech made 270rwkw no worries at 19psi and held it perfectly on an OP6 highflow.

I do agree, but if he is looking to replace the boost tee as a possible source of power loss then I think he should get an EBC whilst he is at it. There are many advantages/features in running one.

Edited by owen1r

Hey tao how much is your Hypergear ls20.5g? Is it best run with a external gate and good high mount manifold? Or is there a bolt on version you make with stock rb25 6 bolt rearr.? Id probably prefer a vband rear. Make the price with the lines and whatever else ill need? Will it make 330-350kw at the wheels on e86/wmi and 270 ish kw on plain 98? Also how good does the adaptronic go compared to the likes of Vi-Pec/Link/Haltech ect in plug/play versions ofc. What can you do the Adaptronic for $$$'s wise with the sensors ill need and everything to just plug it in and set it up to go haha