SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Remove one C clip on the rear holding the wastegate lever, pipe off the actuator extender, remove two bolts holding the actuator onto its bracket. turn it into the direction you want it to be, bolt the actuator back into its bracket and re-attache the actuator extender.

Alrighty update time, I've installed the new revised SS2 with the Ceramic Ball Bearing CHRA... and... holy fuark me it's amazing.

I was too lazy to touch up the tune but it's rich enough to be thrashed *cough* I mean tested lol.

I'm now able to get nearly 1.4 bar in 2nd gear! where with the old circa 2012 SS2 it would barely get 1.2 bar in 2nd. In 3rd shit just gets silly, I'm getting nearly all 1.6bar in around 4200rpm according to the inaccurate OEM tachometer.

I'll plug in the laptop for some logs soon for those data junkies.

A few things with the new CHRA, it's so much easier to install as you're able to bolt up the turbo without needing to remove the front cover like the old SS2. However the turbo sits lower so I need to cut my dump and weld it back up also the oil return need a slight bend to line up other than that it's nearly plug and play.

Sounds awesome. Would you be able to post a photo of the dump mod please? Keen to see how much work is required to upgrade from an old SS2...

Stao out of curiosity, can the new SS2 be built in a way that is fully plug-and-play with a 2013 SS2?

Although I'd still want to go ext gate off stock manifold, because more dose...

Sounds awesome. Would you be able to post a photo of the dump mod please? Keen to see how much work is required to upgrade from an old SS2...

Stao out of curiosity, can the new SS2 be built in a way that is fully plug-and-play with a 2013 SS2?

Although I'd still want to go ext gate off stock manifold, because more dose...

I'll snap up photos on the weekend,but essentially I needed to shorten the height of the dump by 1cm and clock it by about 5 degrees or so.

Mind you, I have a vband dump (special request) because I hate the Nissan dump with a passion!

• Like 1

I'll snap up photos on the weekend,but essentially I needed to shorten the height of the dump by 1cm and clock it by about 5 degrees or so.

Mind you, I have a vband dump (special request) because I hate the Nissan dump with a passion!

Come on, you must love the middle inside bolt :)

• Like 1

Stao, are you still offering Adaptronics to previous HG buyers for a discounted price?

If so which version is it and how much?

Cheers.

Yes, discount will still be given. The earliest I can get it for you would be around the 10th of May.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...