SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Have some very positive E85 results with the SS1!! Very happy, super responsive and 279rwkw up top!!

Cant wait to see some SS2 + E85 results too.

Thanks Trent from Status Tuning and Tao from Hypergear turbos!

FFS Stao is making himself THE ONLY option for skyline owners these days.

As always very very impressive.

Congrats lads!

How much to convert my 43g3 to the ss2? Damn buying my turbo early, Would have had all these lag problems if i waited for the ss2.

haha that doesnt make sense?

yours is laggy?

haha that doesnt make sense?

yours is laggy?

Wouldn't have sorry

yeah mine seams to be alittle off the pace with lag. Pretty sure its not the turbo causing it tho, with the ss2 i wouldnt have noticed it as much and could make more power

Stao it's in your best interest to answer me so Trozzle will be forced to upgrade aswell hahahaha

Actually all you need is the FNT turbine setup. that get rid of the flat spot down low, and the G3 accelerate very violently through out rev range with that mod on 20psi. Ask Pat to give you a rid. :laugh:

Whats the supporting mods for ss2?? (112 pages too long to read).. Im bout to upgrade turbo or should i go stao's high flow?! Whats the best options for a streeter/daily?? Something really responsive... My mods atm, the basic, full exhaust, fmic, ebc , fuel pump, nistune ...would i need the following; bigger injector, afm, and high flow turbo? Im after 260-270 rwkw...

Do you need the turbo sent to you to make the new housing? Would be a lot easier and less down time if you can do it would out the turbo? Pretty sure you've already installed an updated compressor wheel on mine

Edited by Crans

Use the SS1PU. thats is the perfect turbo for the job. and don't need much boost either

Thanks, just read few pages back and stop as i cant be fck, Is there any high flow turbo with very decent response without upgrading afm and injectors? Just wanted to do just high flow with stock injectors and afm.. What would be the Power output like?.. With the ss1pu, whats the poweroutput im going to end up with? At a higher boost?? U mentioned not much boost , 15 psi?

Edited by myRB25DETT

210-220kw is the absolute limit of stock injectors and afm, waste of time imo.

Thanks for that.. I guess that changes my priority now.. Whats the price for ss1pu guys? Ive got 2.5k laying around, whats the best option u would suggest?

remember with >220kw comes tyres, clutch, possibly diff, also trans if running an rb20 item, fuel pump, injectors, metal intake pipe, full 3" exhaust, intercooler, associated piping, ecu.

It basically costs the same for 230kw as it does for 330kw, including turbo if the car is 100% stock I would put aside $4k+ for it.

Below 230kw all you need is a turbo, half decent exhaust, at least an R34 side mount, nistune or remap. Probably be $1k + 500 + 250 + 5-800 so ~$2.5-3k to do it properly, almost certainly will get shitty having crap tyres and the clutch will die fairly soon as well though.

Edited by Rolls

If, in the near future, E85 is more readily available then my car with the SS2 will me running this new fuel. Until then, unfortunately, there aren't very many stations around offering the fuel.

Maybe the Government will offer some sort of rebate in getting cars converted to E85 fuel. That would be heaven lol. I would get my car to be flex fuel capable(some other guy here has done it, he can run what ever he wants, anytime).

Very nice output on the last dynos there Tao.

Ive noticed on both ignition dumps you have posted are more than the max ignition timing on my car. What is the cause of this? Was my tuner being too safe? Or do you think that there could be such a variation in cars that my car is set to run 42degrees max(I think, this is what PFC shows as my peak ignition when I punch to red line in any gear).