SAU Community

Cop Car Registrar

Nexus9

Just had a quick scan through this thread, you guys have some pretty whacky undercover cop cars. In vic all I ever see is the usual, latest model commodore (99.9% sedans, seen 1 ute) and the latest model fords, so I pretty much know what to look out for. The Golf and Aurions, RX-8.... wow borderline ridiculous lol

You would think that they have something better to spend the money on wouldn't you...

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would think that they have something better to spend the money on wouldn't you...

2007 silver 4 door holden astra massive chrome rims lowered and hug cannon out the back with tinted windows. Was heading towards ipswich and had two uniforms in it. licence plate ???-LGN

Well there is a theory that if they all rode around in BMWs and Lexuses then they'd be doing us a favour as the gov't would get back more money at auction than on Fords/Holdens that depreciate more.

2007 silver 4 door holden astra massive chrome rims lowered and hug cannon out the back with tinted windows. Was heading towards ipswich and had two uniforms in it. licence plate ???-LGN

Could've been off duty? I've seen that a few times (usually a uniformed dude in something older that is in no way an official police car) - unless they had all the screens/lights and stuff in it I suppose?!?

Well there is a theory that if they all rode around in BMWs and Lexuses then they'd be doing us a favour as the gov't would get back more money at auction than on Fords/Holdens that depreciate more.

Could've been off duty? I've seen that a few times (usually a uniformed dude in something older that is in no way an official police car) - unless they had all the screens/lights and stuff in it I suppose?!?

They had all the boxes and stuff that is usally in a marked cop car on the dash.

They had all the boxes and stuff that is usally in a marked cop car on the dash.

Oh well, I suppose if you get caught trying to race a 4-door Astra with chromies then you deserve a ticket anyway... :/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Got my first pull over in the Skyline today!

Red RX8, 933-L** (couldn't get it all from the angle of my mirrors). I've seen this car getting around the Aspley/Albany Creek area a bit. So keep an eye out for red RX8s if you're from this area.

Edited by Isola

does anyone have proof that radar detectors are illegal in qld? just wondering.just reading one of my mags and it has some place in nz selling them, for $1000, but theres someplace in australia that sells them for $300.

also scanners, are we not allowed to have scanners that detect police freqs? because when they see my two way they ask all the bloody time. I use a uhf and a company band for work, so I was thinking of getting a scanner for work, as well as crusing. reason for work is that the truck companies are always coming into our yard, and I want to hear what they are talking about ;)

i can definately say that radar detectors in qld are banned as i went to court this year for it, as soon as you drive past them there scanner picks it up, plus its hard to get a good one as they pick up any radar signal like automatic doors at shops or servos, your eyes are the best tool

i can definately say that radar detectors in qld are banned as i went to court this year for it, as soon as you drive past them there scanner picks it up, plus its hard to get a good one as they pick up any radar signal like automatic doors at shops or servos, your eyes are the best tool

on the scanners, it's legal to have one that picks up analogue police but there's not that much that goes on there cos the good stuff is all digital. I've got one in my ute and u hear some things like licence checks and general operations shit but the chances of hearing where speed traps/cops are operating is pretty low.