SAU Community

Cop Car Registrar

Nexus9

Yes, they are the police. If they ask for example for you to do something that would affect you in person then no you wouldnt. You can try to talk them out of it, but you have to do what they say.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, they are the police. If they ask for example for you to do something that would affect you in person then no you wouldnt. You can try to talk them out of it, but you have to do what they say.

Ahuh, just wondering.... Cheers

xxx-IWD silver ford falcon (sorry didnt think to memorize it). Has been patrolling the Isle of Capri (one of the main exits from Surfers Paradise) the past 3 days since boxing day. I've heard it pull over dozens of cars so far and seen it pulling over 2 with my own eyes.

They tried a nasty trick this morning when i was driving to work. 2 lane road, left lane ends near a bus stop. They were in the right lane next to a bus. Im behind the bus - they obviously see me in my skyline and try and goad me into doing something, cause they slow down in the right lane as the bus pulls over. there was maybe 50 meters of road left in the left lane, they'd be doing 40km/hr (60 street) in the right lane. Obviously wanted me to floor it past them in the left. Luckily i'd been paying attention the last cpl of days and knew it was an unmarked. I slow down and pull in behind them. They pull over and as i drive past i deliberately look at them and shake my head >_< the piggies didnt look happy :laugh:

If i see them again in the next few days i'll memorize the plate an update this post.

Sorry for going off-topic too, but in response to this:

I haven't been pulled over yet but when it happens do I have to comply with the "look under the bonnet" thing. Really theres not much to see....... FMI, pod, BOV you know the basic stuff... >_<

I've been asked to pop the bonnet on my way to work one day, I politely asked if I was legally required to do so, he answered "no" so I said "if there's nothing else then I'd like to be on my way, I'm already running late" and he let me go. I don't know if the guy could have forced me to pop the bonnet or not, or if there is some circumstance they can use (suspicion?). It might have just been because I wasn't a prick to the guy, or maybe he was just a nice guy who could have held me up but didn't, I have no idea. Either way the outcome was good - the bonnet stayed shut and I was held up for a total of probably 60 seconds. FWIW the car is completely legal and has passed similar inspections before.

Of course if they say that yes, you ARE legally required to pop your bonnet, and you later obtain legal advice to the contrary, the conversation with the officer giving false information is recorded. Any defects you get as a result of you being ordered to open the bonnet should be thrown out, as they never would have been awarded had the bonnet stayed shut. On the other hand, if your legal advice agrees with the officer, then they did the right thing and you were legitimately booked, suck it up and deal with it lol

I've noticed that in many cases police use strongly worded requests, but they are just that - requests. If you comply with them you've done so of your own free will. Just ask them politely if you HAVE to do what they ask, and act accordingly.

Short answer: I don't know for sure, but ask the officer if you are legally required to do what they are asking. And be polite!

513-IWD is a definate 100% confirmed.

I ran into them again (literally RAN into) while walking through surfers. Brushed up against a car and noticed the number plate. Was going to take photos of the car + police equipment inside n stuff but my phone camera is broken).

Its a Silver Holden Commodore (dont know how i thought it was a ford the first time) with no hubcaps on the tyres. Looks like a 2003/2004 model but im not too crash hot on commodores. LIke i said in previous post, its been patrolling Surfers and the Isle of Capri since xmas day or boxing day.

RED SS commodore (not newest model) sorry dnt knw much details about commodores. not a fan..

slacks creek station car im sure. cant tell u plates.

he pulled me over for driving a GTR.. hehe and asked me about drugs in the area... nice blokes.

hope that helps.

• 10 months later...

isaw a vt/vx commo pulled over on the m1 last weekend by a ford focus hatch, had all the flashing lights behind the grill and in the front and rear windows. it was a dark blue sorta colour. externally stock, just had all the falshing lights behind grill.

Yeah they have quite a collection of car now...

Saw a new white 4 door hilux on the gateway with lights blasing doing about 150-160kph... That speed cant be safe in a hilux...!

SR5 hiluxes are the bomb lol.. 4L V6 is a killer engine.. and who doesnt like the hilux diff haha..

i got hassled by a SR5 lux cop car recently..

and just imagine the shit the cops would get if that heavy lux hits someone.. the luxie would be fine they are a tank but i feel for the other car..

saw a new camary - white in colour no tell tale signs of cop apart from the stuff on the dash and the two uniforms in it they sat up my arse for a while on the m1 then sat on my back quater for ages then flew past on probably thursday night - just saw them again at the hyperdome

• 7 months later...

Hello brothers and sisters. I spotted a brand new charcoal/ metallic black Subaru Liberty as an undercover cop car! It was on the Gateway Southbound at 16h30 on Thursday last week. He pulled over some guy in a ute. The cop car had tinted windows and all the hidden lights. What's next? I thought they could only use Aussie built cars?

Hello brothers and sisters. I spotted a brand new charcoal/ metallic black Subaru Liberty as an undercover cop car! It was on the Gateway Southbound at 16h30 on Thursday last week. He pulled over some guy in a ute. The cop car had tinted windows and all the hidden lights. What's next? I thought they could only use Aussie built cars?

oooOOOooo...sneaky. Not sure about the aussie built cars thing. There a post, a while ago, where some guy saw a R32 undercover car in brisbane.

""HI every1, i jus signed up but yeah theres a SS vy around rocklea n garden city, number pl8s rwy22 personalized, standard vy mags and is silver

thanks""

Yeah its a dark blue one and I still see it every couple of days booking someone....... On the ICB saw a NEW grey liberty pulling a blue silvia over/defecting etc....

• 3 months later...