SAU Community

Cop Car Registrar

Nexus9

Also I've never heard of WRX cop cars ever being in QLD, I know NSW and VIC tried them out but they took them off the road after 10 months, because their speed check thing in the car didn't work correctly and they had to give heaps of people back the money they had taken in fines.

I know for a fact that Queensland Police had at least 1 WRX Police car a few years back, I pulled up next to a copper at the lights on Orange Grove Road where it meets Kessels Road (where the Aldi supermarket now is) and he was in a WRX with all the police stickers on it and a set of roof lights.

I remember it vividly because I wanted a WRX so bad at that time in my life and I was jealous and considered becoming a copper so I could burn around in a WRX all day chasing people.

To backup my sighting http://www.drive.com.au/editorial/article.aspx?id=240&vf=1 Down towards the bottom is states that Queensland had just taken delivery of them.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the cops at the gold coast had a fully pimped out evo 7 lancer with 'raceme' as the plates.

i got a mate that is a mechanic for the cops at the big base in brissy, when the blue highway patrol ss dunnydores came out , the mechaics were putting bets on how long the checkers up the side would last. the cars started patrolling on a tuesday and by the thursday of the same week the cars were back in to get new stickers.

another thing the mechanics did for a laugh is they had to rebuild a gen 3 engine so they lined all the grooves in the rings up. they thought it would blow a heap of smoke, but it didn't blow any smoke at all, just went through 2 litres a week of oil.

I didnt read back but there is a white holden crewman that sits on the highway every saturday night video recording the nights events and im sure relaying information.

Just a heads up.

Also seen it on numerous occasions around the Browns Plains part of the highway.

not too sure if this will help.. but a mate of mine was pulled up by an undercover mitsubishi 380.. black.. he sent a message to another mate of mine with the license plates included, but i cant remember, will post as soon as i find out..

for the meantime, no racing black 380's around surfers!!

• 4 weeks later...

Spotted a under cover cop today on the Century highway he was tailgating me i thought it was some wanker in commdore being a dickhead, i look in my rear view mirror to see who it is. A cop in blue uniform and saw all these computers ,gadget inside the car and a radar gun setting on top the dash. I quickly changed to my left lane and let him pass me. It was blue VY SV6 the new alloy tech motor V6 190kw i didnt get the number plates sorry maybe some else on here has seen it before !!

the cops at the gold coast had a fully pimped out evo 7 lancer with 'raceme' as the plates.

i got a mate that is a mechanic for the cops at the big base in brissy, when the blue highway patrol ss dunnydores came out , the mechaics were putting bets on how long the checkers up the side would last. the cars started patrolling on a tuesday and by the thursday of the same week the cars were back in to get new stickers.

another thing the mechanics did for a laugh is they had to rebuild a gen 3 engine so they lined all the grooves in the rings up. they thought it would blow a heap of smoke, but it didn't blow any smoke at all, just went through 2 litres a week of oil.

Wow! that's like 0.5 of a litre more than normal.

Got pulled over by a lookis brand new white Holden, number plate 299IHE. He's hiding outside the Norman Hotel, trying to catch me drive after drinking. But failed.

However, the cop was a nice guy, let me go without too much drama. always behave myself when facing cops, cheers:)

Edited by RYN26

not too sure if this will help.. but a mate of mine was pulled up by an undercover mitsubishi 380.. black.. he sent a message to another mate of mine with the license plates included, but i cant remember, will post as soon as i find out..

for the meantime, no racing black 380's around surfers!!

LOL ... My mate got pulled over by this "VERY BLACK" mitsu 380 at Oxenford highway the other night..lost his license. Cop said your an idiot, you were going over 180km/h my mate says My old toyota cant even go 140.... cop says ok fine... i'll write it out for 140km/h.

This BLACK mitsubishy IS ANGRY. BEWARE.

Unmarked VZ Commodore in Loganholme on Tuesday night (9th May).

It was definitely a cop coz he was booking someone. Lights on the rear parcel shelf. Colour was blue metallic.

Rego: 498-ITO

i got pulled over by a white vz dual cab ute and the cops were wearing plain clothes! dont remember plates, was on the way out to the spit in front of sea world. also the black magna will try 2 race you i have heard? i have seen it many times booking cars in surfers.

silver subaru.. not sure what model, as its 2005 / 2006 and no specific model badge.. ( sorry )

plates are 540 JEQ.. seen in tugun a few days ago with a few screens inside, pulled over on the side of the road.. so its not 100% D car, but i would put money on it =)

The magna with SA plates is a definate. There is also a greyish coloured one with maybe ACT plates, will check later. They filmed a mate and confiscated his car at a later date. Both these magnas are undercover cops filming. They won't pull you over but if u slip up you'll see them in a couple of weeks. I have seen this red magna in action twice and recorded the number plate in my phone. I was sitting in a taxi coming back from the city one night when they were filming the car beside them as we sat behind them. The people beside them luckily caught on. They have also tailed us many times. I believe there are two green utes, having seen two doing their dirty work outside harry's diner a couple of friday nights ago. There was also a new model ford falcon (grey), that was giving them some assistance with some cables or something. I assumed video recording stuff. Hope that helps a few.

Man, somebody should be reporting this stuff to A Current Affair or Today Tonight about how these revenue raisers are entrapping motorists. Also, if they just film you breaking the law instead of pulling you over right away, how can they say that this practice is protecting the public. If the guy they're filming crashes into another car becuase he was speeding and kills someone, what can the police say they did to save that person's life??? Nothing! but at least they have some nice video footage for the family of the deceased! :)

A little off topic but has anyone seen/been pulled over by the gorgeous blonde cop on the Sunshine Coast? OMG she is seriously the hotness lol. like early 20's. I'm guessing Kawana precient.

Keep a look out :P

• 2 weeks later...
Spotted a under cover cop today on the Century highway he was tailgating me i thought it was some wanker in commdore being a dickhead, i look in my rear view mirror to see who it is. A cop in blue uniform and saw all these computers ,gadget inside the car and a radar gun setting on top the dash. I quickly changed to my left lane and let him pass me. It was blue VY SV6 the new alloy tech motor V6 190kw i didnt get the number plates sorry maybe some else on here has seen it before !!

i hanven't seen that one yet but i have seen a red vz s pack, mainly drivin from where the centenary meets ipswich motor way right down to redbank planes. Haven't seen him for a good month or so but

• 2 months later...

Black VZ SS Ute, Rego 672-JMD

Spotted them at a popular hoon spot out by pinkenbah being suspicious. Then later when we left via the airport, they were tailgating me REALLY closely baiting me to go faster, then pulled up next to me at lights, again more bait. They eventually buggered off doing more suspicious shit in my rear view mirror.

Suspicions confirmed when they turned up 5 days later to issue fines in the same ute.

(Had to pass a friend to lead the way, he was lost, didn't know the ute was with us, of course in doing so i exceeded the speed limit which you're not supposed to do but a lot of people do, so got booked anyway)

28/08/2006

I saw something that I laughed my head off. I saw a white R33 GTS-T with SAU Stickers on the side got pull over by cop not cops.....And everyone have a guess what does the cop use to stop the R33??

The Cop was one was those Bike (Bicycle) Cop...and this R33 got pull over by a Bicycle.....I cant see his number plate in the front and rear....is it someone on here.??

It is a white S2 R33 with 17", exhaust, front mount, Big ugly wing. This is one of the unusual thing I ever seem.

Cheers

yeah, they also have a commodore wagon and a black holden ute ss... its got performance stickers etc on the back window :S i also spotted a white G220 unmarked cop car in the city :S i got pics of it too :/

but the ute and the accord usually hang around aspley and that street near the airport on thursdyas and fridays