SAU Community

Cop Car Registrar

Nexus9

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i have also seen the black hummer. I tried overtaking him as he was doing 80kph on motorway, as soon as i tried his blue and red lights came on. I pulled over and he kept going. I dropped a picnic bar out my boxers! I was lucky, he may have got called away at the same moment. So be careful dudes!

Dunno if its been mentioned yet but theres a new green camry on the south side, pulled me over for no reason, drug searched my car and left me pickin up half my shit off the foot path as they drove off.

wow, slightly off topic, but I have been out of the car scene for a year or two and just getting back into it again... god damn it must suck to be a P plater! Drivin with one of my mates little brothers today in his 33 non turbo pulled over 3 times between capalaba and ipswich rd by cops searchin for a turbo under the bonnet. Not quite sure half of them know what there looking at, one of them searched for a good 5 minutes for a turbo when it was plainly obvious it doesnt have one fromt he moment you open the bonnet. Anyways... happy to be on my opens :ninja:

spotted a newish light blue toyota landcruiser with a set of roof racks pulling someone over on the M1 near loganholme

plus my mate was pulled over by a green 180sx with all the lights in cleveland, he overtook them because they were doing 60 in an 80 zone. :mellow: scary stuff

Edited by 533EYA

Yes i have also seen the black hummer. I tried overtaking him as he was doing 80kph on motorway, as soon as i tried his blue and red lights came on. I pulled over and he kept going. I dropped a picnic bar out my boxers! I was lucky, he may have got called away at the same moment. So be careful dudes!

Gateway motorway before Kuraby toll heading north.

Also a normal cop car can only do 170Klms at the max before they have to drop of because the lights cause too much drag in undercover cop cars not sure.

my uncle's a cop.

he told me that after 180km they have 2 stop, pull over for a couple of seconds, an turn off their lights.

because it's way to dangerous, some1 could b killed, and it would be the police's fault.

so i dunno wether it's tru or not, he's gotten a few things wrong b4.

i always try and prove him wrong lmao

my uncle's a cop.

he told me that after 180km they have 2 stop, pull over for a couple of seconds, an turn off their lights.

because it's way to dangerous, some1 could b killed, and it would be the police's fault.

Well I can only think of two ways to prove him right or wrong on that one, and at least one of them I wouldn't suggest lol

i could not see officer plod pulling over and waiting whist in pursuit

he has "raw emotion"

One of my Mates' Supra is supposed to be speed limited to 180.... "supposed to" and will/are are two separate terms.

Of course he only tests this on a track.......... :)

my uncle's a cop.

The only time I ever heard anything in relation to speed limited police vehicles were the old BMW motorbikes. They were not recommended to travel above 130 because of the saddle bag set up but that's complete bollocks about the cars.

When a pursuit is terminated police are pull to the side of the road and come to a complete stop. They are then supposed to carry out a test of equipment over the vehicle.

Police can do whatever speed they want but must justify their decisions should anything go wrong as they are always held accountable. Any pursuit where a police vehicle goes over 30kph above the speed limit must be investigated.

Hi guys, does anyone know if it is illegal to post pics of cop cars parked outside stations?

I was passing a station today and there was a few D cars parked, had my camera but didn't take any snaps. A pic is worth a thousand words.

I don't, however want to do anything against the law or rules here.

Hi guys, does anyone know if it is illegal to post pics of cop cars parked outside stations?

I was passing a station today and there was a few D cars parked, had my camera but didn't take any snaps. A pic is worth a thousand words.

I don't, however want to do anything against the law or rules here.

you have a right to take a pic of anything you want in this country

in china though.............

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Well i can confirm that undercover are aloud to go way over 170-180.. not revealing how i know that though :P

Well in my experience the com-co. controls the persuit. The lead car calls speed, traffic & road conditions in the interest of safety, for both the crew & the public (and offender) and the nearest available marked car is allocated the lead.

Most patrol & 'unmarked' cars are incapable of speeds much over 160kph, one reason is because the beads break loose on the tyres, so persuit cars are allocated the lead. Should the com-co. consider the the persuit 'dangerous', then the code 2 is called off or slowed down. Don't know of any 'checks' or 'investigations' unless a department vehicle has been damaged or an injury has taken place during a persuit.

A bit too much tv maybe..

But then what do I know.