SAU Community

Bomberman's Rb26debt Build From Dmms Or Better Known As Dazmo

I run my Vi-PEC map signal off the plenum...but mine has single T/B...if using the Vi-PEC you could do the same but id be happier to see the signal tee'd off after the butterflies as you are using multi throttles.

Just for the record the winning class cars at Superlap both ran Vi-PEC.

garth walden told me they run motec in the evo that won at superlap last time? not trying to be a smart arse, but that is just what he told me when talking about it. it has some fancy shit in it that helps make that car so successful. :blush: I would hope he knows since he was driving the thing and said he was setting it up too.

I think the map sensor off my Fcon pro was just coming off the fuel reg.. tho i sold the old head and all its gear so i am not 100% sure what i need to do now.

i still have the map sensor mounted to the shock tower with the vac hose coming off it.

Plenum time. I know hypertune make some of if not the best plenums for the RB26. It really is a Sexy bit of gear. But budget just did not allow for one. I was lucky to come across a nismo one at the right price. So i will settle for cast instead of CNC! The Nismo seems to be a nice unit. According to the graphs that nismo provide, there seem to be some real gains. M-speed use one on their car so i guess it cant be too bad. If i can get my car running half as good as the Mspeed car, i'll be a very happy chappy. Prior to this i had a Greddy plenum, but i noticed that it seemed to be more suited to drag applications or big single turbos. I want response so I sold it. I also had the opportunity to get a nismo plenum off a Group A car. but on closer inspection i decided against it because so little was known about it. Here are pics for camparison.

This is the Nismo plenum which is commercially available.

nismocommercialplenum.jpg

Underside

nismocommercialplenumc.jpg

nismocommercialplenumb.jpg

This is the Nismo Group A plenum off the race cars. This is not commercially available.

nismogroupaplenuma.jpg

This is the underside. Notice the holes for the injectors. The commercial ones has these too but they are not drilled out.

nismogroupaplenumc.jpg

nismogroupaplenumb.jpg

Just for reference the M-Speed car and their nismo plenum. it looks like they use the commercial one too.

mspeed3sq5.jpg

This is the M Speed plenum. It looks like the commercial one.

e08.jpg

Here is Daz taking notes........

DSC03938.jpg

I run my Vi-PEC map signal off the plenum...but mine has single T/B...if using the Vi-PEC you could do the same but id be happier to see the signal tee'd off after the butterflies as you are using multi throttles.

Just for the record the winning class cars at Superlap both ran Vi-PEC.

DirtGarage, yeah i have heard good things about the Vipecs. I really cant comment too much on this kind of thing because i dont know enough about it. I like to stick with what works, and obviously your car does so i will definitely keep the vipec in mind when its time to choose.

HKS STEP II 2.8L Forged crank. Full counterweighted. Has HKS marking on the side of first counterweight. Keen eyes will see the hks marking in the first pic. I had one of these but never weighed it! Its now in Daz's car!

HKS28LSTEP2.jpg

HKS28LSTEP2B.jpg

I only just saw this thread - hence the delay in asking the question. Is "Daz's" car still running with this crank?

I ask because I'm almost 100% certain that I know this particular crank and if so some of the oil galleries in don't line up with the bearings. I would be worried about bearing failure under high revs and load.

garth walden told me they run motec in the evo that won at superlap last time? not trying to be a smart arse, but that is just what he told me when talking about it. it has some fancy shit in it that helps make that car so successful. :whistling: I would hope he knows since he was driving the thing and said he was setting it up too.

Seems i know more about Garth's car than he does. I was at Insight when the car was being prepped the before Superlap...Garth was nowhere to be seen... Vi-PEC V88 ecu Baron...as will clearly be seen in an upcoming feature on the car in Boost magazine (2rismo kindly made sure a pic of the ecu made it into the mag). It may have been confusing for him as the Vi-PEC runs the MoTeC dash in the car and the car used to run a MoTeC until they upgraded it to Vi-PEC. Did he tell you how the car now idles properly and fires the plugs at the exact moment in crank rotation. Did he discuss how long it took Insight to "de-BEL" it also...lol

The car does have some fancy sh1t in it that makes it so sucessful...an Insight Motorsports built 4G63 controlled by a V88 Vi-PEC.

Vi-PEC sinage can be seen in the following image in the bottom corner of the door and the rear wing end plate

img2287q.jpg

Edited by DiRTgarage

...as will clearly be seen in an upcoming feature on the car in Boost magazine (2rismo kindly made sure a pic of the ecu made it into the mag).

I still dont get why you push the ViPec cart so hard? Why do you care if a picture of it is in a magazine or not?

So , most importantly, what suspension and brakes will the car be running :whistling:

I still dont get why you puch the ViPec cart so hard? Why do you care if a picture of it is in a magazine or not?

So , most importantly, what suspension and brakes will the car be running :whistling:

Its an excellent top line product...why not? This site is about information sharing...i always share my findings that are gathered through actual testing...some of which costs me $1000's of dollars and pass this on at no cost. Why all the negative sh1t...because you know nothing about whats being discussed possibly? I have an old saying which is fitting right here...it goes..."If you want to know how bad something is, ask someone who doesn't have one or knows nothing about it. 2rismo wasn't asked to put a shot in the mag...he did it to have an informative accurate article. I couldn't care either way.

I got quoted $10,000 to fit a MoTeC M800 to my car with all the costly add-ons...my Vi-PEC V88 came standard with all the same features for $2500...if i can help or convice at least 1 person to go the same way and save $7500 i think its worth it. That extra $7500 can buy some good brakes or suspension package for his car.

Why do you push the RB20 cart so hard...its a passion...same with me when i come across an outstanding product. Id say the same for HKS turbo's, JUN camshafts, NPC clutches, TRUST intercoolers....these are all products ive tried and tested and found to have excellent results with. Why do you think my car performs so well...its because we do the homework on products and do back to back testing to make sure they are actually worth spending coin on...we just dont run out and buy something thats bright and shiny what comes with some funky stickers. The Vi-PEC has transformed my car from something that was virtually undrivable on the street to a car that is a pleasure to drive and own. Every single person that has a Vi-PEC would say the same thing about their car. Go on Roy...buy one and join the club.

I love stirring up you Vi-PEC hater's...i get a good nibble everytime without fail.

Edited by DiRTgarage

I only just saw this thread - hence the delay in asking the question. Is "Daz's" car still running with this crank?

I ask because I'm almost 100% certain that I know this particular crank and if so some of the oil galleries in don't line up with the bearings. I would be worried about bearing failure under high revs and load.

Mate My car is running without any problems at all with the step2 HKS 2.8 crank I am not concerned at all and dont believe that I have any need to be as there are plenty of cars running this kit both here and in japan without issue.

I do agree with Roy a little on the issue of you pushing the vipec cart Paul. I can understand that you believe it to be a great product but I personally dont believe that it is any better than a Motec that is based of speaking with my tuner and a few other people that have converted to Vipec. My tuner prefers Motec but is not linked to Motec in anyway so has no finacial reason to say they are better as if he sold and installed Vipecs he would probably make more money out of it due to Motecs extremely small trade discount structure. As far as being qouted 10k to install a M800 in your car I believe that someone is having a lend of you there.

And on the Evo now idling and firing the ingnition at the right time I would say that that is a set up issue not an ecu issue and whoever set it up was obviously not on the ball. I have no issue with my cars idle or ingnition at all and i dont see that to many V8 super cars have an issue either.

As I have stated in other threads whatever ecu you run it is only as good as the guy that is punching in the no's and I believe that there are more capable ecu's than there are capable tuners so i will stick to what my particular tuner prefers recomends and has had great results with and for mye that means Motec. Just for the record mark used to get a bit of advise of my tuner when he was fisrt starting out !!! not to take anything away from him and his achievements but he has been tuning cars for less than half the time that the guy i use has. and for me personally experiance counts for a lot.

To clarify, I don thave any issue with ViPec/Paul, more power to him if he is happy. Its just that i can see the day when a person buys one, costs him headaches, car is off the road while tuner works out issues and it will come back to everybody on "SAU", raves about them being better then everything from Motec to PFc. No product is that perfect and definitely not the ViPec so i just wonder why it is pushed so hard.

And this is my last post on this, dont want to ruin a great thread with silly debate that belongs in another thread. But yes Paul, i was an EFT away from buying one for my car purely on all the posts you and some others have made. I am glad i stopped on the advice of a few and did some more research as i in no way wanted the heart ache that may have followed after purchase. And yo uwill find most of my advice on pushing RB20s etc is to stop people from spending money or to save money...not risk doign a mod that requires more money to be spent... but yes i do support the RB20 but its not the answer for everyone.

Er....................................... this is good guys.... let it all out.... hahaha

Mostly trying to clear up Beer Baron's misinformation...got a little out of hand...sorry

Darren, MoTeC M800 and CDI8 with coils fully wired in with all the sensors was a bargain at $10K

As Dazmo said...the best ECU for you is one you can afford and one your tuner is familiar with.

Edited by DiRTgarage

Yes this vipec better than motec and power fc d-jetro or blah blah sh!t is stirring me up to.

I am starting to see it in many FI and motorsport threads.

It's kind of annoying now and it's ruining this good thread.

Just tone it down a bit Pauly. We are not all stupid on here. Some of your quote prices are not right either.

Dazmo, I think Paul was comparing a "fitted" motec to a "supplied v88".

Mostly trying to clear up Beer Baron's misinformation...got a little out of hand...sorry

Darren, MoTeC M800 and CDI8 with coils fully wired in with all the sensors was a bargain at $10K

As Dazmo said...the best ECU for you is one you can afford and one your tuner is familiar with.

ah you bet me to it, I was still typing when you posted :whistling:

Atomic bomber man, the D-jetro with a competent tuner is extremely good. Don't dish that ecu buddy and BB has a good hint.

Mate My car is running without any problems at all with the step2 HKS 2.8 crank I am not concerned at all and dont believe that I have any need to be as there are plenty of cars running this kit both here and in japan without issue.

I run an HKS 2.8 kit also, the problem is not with the kit but rather the particular crank shown in the picture. I had the same crank supplied to me once (perhaps the exact same one?). The crank had excessive balance drilling on arrival and the oil galleries didn't line up with the oil grooves for the bearings. The mis-match was too far out for my builder's liking. See pic below:

gallery_705_63_77107.jpg

Upon checking with HKS Japan, it was found that it wasn't an HKS crank. In fact they have never heard of the "HKSA" stamp. Below is the picture of the crank I was first sold (HKSA) against the genuine HKS Step 2 crank I installed:

gallery_705_63_577722.jpg

And a close-up of the stamps:

gallery_705_63_537696.jpg

Yes this vipec better than motec and power fc d-jetro or blah blah sh!t is stirring me up to.

I am starting to see it in many FI and motorsport threads.

It's kind of annoying now and it's ruining this good thread.

Just tone it down a bit Pauly. We are not all stupid on here. Some of your quote prices are not right either.

Dazmo, I think Paul was comparing a "fitted" motec to a "supplied v88".

The V88 came with an adaptor board so it plugs straight in for $150...$2250 + $150 + $100 for 7 bar map sensor = $2500

My quote prices were spot-on.

A bit of info if anyone requires it...the plugs for V88 and M800 are the same...if you buy an M800 and want to plug it straight in to the factory loom you can buy the Vi-PEC adaptor board to do the job.

Cheers

Edited by DiRTgarage

Well that must be YOUR prices.

It is certainly not what I paid for my adaptor board and 7 bar map sensor :whistling:

On top of that the adaptor board is just a board and soldering + installation will need to be done.

Am I right?

Edited by 9krpm

Well that must be YOUR prices.

It is certainly not what I paid for my adaptor board and 7 bar map sensor :whistling:

On top of that the adaptor board is just a board and soldering + installation will need to be done.

Am I right?

i was one of the 1st to buy...so i may have been looked after. Ive only bought 1 V88 so i have no idea what they are going for now...anything under 3K is a bargain in my books. Yes a simple soldering job is required.