SAU Community

Servicing Stagea

mattye

So I've had the stag for a while n have decided its time to give her a bit of a service. I'll mainly be doing the fluids and so far I've sussed the following out.

Plugs: NGK BCPR7ES (Gapped to 0.08mm)

Oil Filter: Ryco Z145A or Valvoline V04

Engine Oil: 10W60 or 0W40 (Will need approx 5L)

Diff Fluid: Castrol SAFXA 75W140 (Approx 1.5L each)

Transfer Case Fluid: Castrol Transmax Z

ATTESA Fluid: Dextron 3 ATF

Brake Fluid: Castrol SRF

So all left is.

What part number is the Fuel filter?

and

What Gearbox Fluid should I use? It's a Manual Box.

If you've used something else let us know.

Thanks

Mattye

So I've had the stag for a while n have decided its time to give her a bit of a service. I'll mainly be doing the fluids and so far I've sussed the following out.

Plugs: NGK BCPR7ES (Gapped to 0.08mm)

Oil Filter: Ryco Z145A or Valvoline V04

Engine Oil: 10W60 or 0W40 (Will need approx 5L)

Diff Fluid: Castrol SAFXA 75W140 (Approx 1.5L each)

Transfer Case Fluid: Castrol Transmax Z

ATTESA Fluid: Dextron 3 ATF

Brake Fluid: Castrol SRF

So all left is.

What part number is the Fuel filter?

and

What Gearbox Fluid should I use? It's a Manual Box.

If you've used something else let us know.

Thanks

Mattye

Hope you mean 0.8mm gap on the plug?

I use Redline MT90 synthetic gearbox oil in my 34 expensive to buy but is very good.

you might want to invest $50 or so in a oil pump ( I forget its actual name )

its basically like a big syringe with a hose on the end. Makes filling the diff etc SO much easier.

PM me if you need more info -and I can get you a model number etc.

it holds about 500ml of fluid at one time

Yeah I'd go something pretty close to the oil Nissan use. Funny enough, last time mine was serviced by Nissan they used Castrol Edge Sport if I remember correctly. Cant remember where I put the receipt so not sure what viscosity etc. Is genuine nissan oil fully synthetic? if not, then maybe thats why they used castrol...?

Yeah I'd go something pretty close to the oil Nissan use. Funny enough, last time mine was serviced by Nissan they used Castrol Edge Sport if I remember correctly. Cant remember where I put the receipt so not sure what viscosity etc. Is genuine nissan oil fully synthetic? if not, then maybe thats why they used castrol...?

Correct. Nissan oil is still a mineral based oil.

i used a ryco z200 fuel filter, s2 should be the same,

yep, S2 is the same.

and Mattye, i'd go for a 6 heat range plug. i use BCPR6ES with out it missing a beat or pinging. and they already come gapped to 0.8, but check them anyway.

Edited by QWK32

awesome info - i've just been on the hunt for these exact specs!

i'll give them to my mechanic tonight when i drop off my car

cheers heaps!

Dan

Chears guys. I did mean 0.8mm.

What bout the Gearbox though? What have people used?

I actually called nissan yesterday. The first guy was like is it a Nissan. Then gave me a number for their GTR specalists. Then after 15 mins of being transfered, and me saying i want to talk to a service guy a couple of times this girl goes "I will have to get one of the service guys to call u back". So by that piont i just said don't worry. Lol. I had to laugh though. :D

Edited by mattye

Chears guys. I did mean 0.8mm.

What bout the Gearbox though? What have people used?

I actually called nissan yesterday. The first guy was like is it a Nissan. Then gave me a number for their GTR specalists. Then after 15 mins of being transfered, and me saying i want to talk to a service guy a couple of times this girl goes "I will have to get one of the service guys to call u back". So by that piont i just said don't worry. Lol. I had to laugh though. :D

i know exactly how you feel

the nissan dealer here wouldn't touch it because it is import - i said its basically the same engine as an r34 and you service them! - no they are imports - but what about aussie delivered ones (assume there were some) - oh oh ok we will look into it - no call back 3 days later...

:D aaarg hijacked! sorry

part number 22690-AA007 is the part mumber for the s2 o2 sensor - is this a genuine nissan part number? anyone know an ngk equiv or something?

daniel,

check the sticky of diy and go to the 02 sensor bit. You can use an EL (i think it is) falcon 02 and jsut wire it up :D ive got one in mine and its shweeettt alot cheaper :)

daniel,

check the sticky of diy and go to the 02 sensor bit. You can use an EL (i think it is) falcon 02 and jsut wire it up :down: ive got one in mine and its shweeettt alot cheaper :P

yeah i found that one, but it seems it works for the r33 or series one stagea - i got the s2 (r34) and one bloke posted that there was a difference between them (sorry i should have stated before)

i did find a part number for it however it is just a part number - dunno if it was genuine, ngk, bosch - it is in the mechanics hands now anyway - if i can get it off of them I'll post up - just wanted to save some time and research for them.

um, no they are not different. If you can find someone with an NGK (or similar) parts book, you will see the part no for the o2 sensor is the same for RB25, RB26 and even SR20. I have an R34 skyline one in my Pulsar (SR20) i sure as hell didnt want to stuff around rewiring a falcodore one to fit and I paid the princely sum of $59 for it (trade price FTW) Just as long as it is a proper 3 wire jobbie, it will fit, but you may as well get the one with the right plug.