SAU Community

Greeces13 Rb26 11.2sec In A Very Bad Strip And Big Accident!

*sigh* I'm feeling a little sickened by these videos... and taking your car to the track without the knowledge to do it safely is just dangerous...

Almost reminds me of the The land of goat sphincter rings Airlines that are banned from Netherlands Airports because they have no safety standards (only taking minimum fuel and thinking that requesting emergancy priority landing every time they hit a headwind is acceptable)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im one that will also go with a "your attitude is shit" comment. You blatantly tagged the s2000 and caused it to hit the wall. Bad strip or not, your car was poorly setup and you caused them to crash. Instead of fixing your car and bragging about that great time, you should be fixing theirs.

I run these same tyres on my car doing an 11. So do a lot of guys i know running 10's and 11's and they are ok to run with a radial (i dont think its reccomended however) but anything under 9psi is getting horribly dangerous in my experience. 7.5psi on an unprepped track is asking for trouble.

Ive done well over 100 runs on the strip with slicks and these tyres are pretty hard to drive for a start, but psi that low is absolutely nuts. Friends with dedicated drag cars rarely run that sort of psi on prepped tracks in the middle of summer.

In the early stages i was trying to help this guy...but very quickly found that he didn't listen to what was being advised so i pulled the pin on helping him out.

My perception that you are a d1ckhead mate has now been confirmed.

Stay off the track...the sport does not need you.

9krpm

All us drag forums said to remove the front sway bar.

freshalloys.com all guys there remove the front swaybar for better et's. As the cars without front sway make a better stand back!

Anyway I will put it again.

Ok guys I understand about tires.

I know that it is very difficult to control the car with less than 10psi at tires but... :D:):D

The grip of the street was like shit!!

And I wanted to do goot et's so.. good times :D :D

I know that it was dangerous pressure :( :(

DiRTgarage Thank you for your good words!! :| :| :|

9krpm

freshalloys.com all guys there remove the front swaybar for better et's. As the cars without front sway make a better stand back!

Ok guys I understand about tires.

I know that it is very difficult to control the car with less than 10psi at tires but... :D:):D

The grip of the street was like shit!!

And I wanted to do goot et's so.. good times :D :D

I know that it was dangerous pressure :( :(

DiRTgarage Thank you for your good words!! :| :| :|

Heres some more good words for ya. f**koff you dangerous idiot.

I wont' even ask what wheel alignment you had on the car.

I did but didn't get a response. My guess is still that an alignment hasn't been done and the rear toe is everywhere. Between that, running cross ply without front runners and deciding not to get off the throttle when it all started going to shit.

Stay off the track...the sport does not need you.

Agreed, thank god this isn't local and in a skyline. The media would be all over us for something this silly.

then you and the us drag forums have a total misunderstanding of what a sway bar does. It can only transfer force between the 2 wheels it links, therefore it makes absolutely no difference in a straight line.

Lol Paul,

Dunc - The guys that remove the front sway bar usually have a live rear end and it can help the car squat a bit harder on the right hand rear tyre

like here A%20hard%20launch%20for%20the%20amazing%20USA-1%20Camaro.%20Photo%20by%20Dave%20Milcarek.jpg

....would be absolutley pointless on an IRS car though

I did but didn't get a response. My guess is still that an alignment hasn't been done and the rear toe is everywhere. Between that, running cross ply without front runners and deciding not to get off the throttle when it all started going to shit.

I think he somehow might has toe in/neutral though. If the toes were out in the rear, I would expect his car to be more out of control when it came on boost earlier on the track.

Anyhow, regardless of what alignment it had, the combination of heavier front (+ wrong tyre combination) and the lack of sway bar means that the rear tyres were almost in the air once the brake were applied. The suspension system was obviously poorly engineered and hence the accident.

Rear aligment

Camber 0.5 possitive to be 0 at the time of the launch

Toe 0 is it ok this?

Front

Camber -1.5

Toe +0.5

Caster +7

you need to determine the dynamic toe especially with +ve camber as the suspension arc will alter the toe settings as your car squats under power. Setting a car up like this we would usually set it up on the wheel aligner without the rear struts and raise / lower to gauge its change in geometry over the range of travel, this is the only way to get the optimum alignment specs.

mate give up and go home stay off the strip, u can see you car all over the place way before the crash and u still pushed on and caused this,

why you running those tires anyway its not like you need them on a car that requires alot more setup before you even think about these tyres mid 11's isnt that fast to require removing your front sway bar for weight saving gee why dont you just chuck out the front seat and use a milk crate to sit on? im sure that will get you in the 10's and dont worry when its all ova the place halfway down the strip just hold it flat untill ur facing the start line again.

Edited by Travis Trayhern

I don't see how he can keep saying he did NOT clip the honda.

you can see it and you can hear it.

and if the honda didn't swerve and kept going straight, you would have clipped it further up the body.

Just a question..

but were either of the drivers wearing a helmet?

I still can't comprehend the reaction of the S2k driver.. swerving slightly is one thing but she full turned into the barrier, looked like she almost hit it square on the front!

I wouldnt even be racing on a track like that, we have it pretty good here, and yeh the s2k did swerve pretty violently, swearving like that at those speeds alone would put you off the track i reckon, but yeh you take it to the track you take it upon yourself, thats why every improved production driver ive talked to dont do open track days cause they dont trust the car or the talent of other drivers

its good that both of you walked away RIP s2k

• 1 month later...
and dont worry when its all ova the place halfway down the strip just hold it flat untill ur facing the start line again.

i almost forgot about this entertaining thread, great resurrection

the above quote is awesome, my mates gokart racing up at picton does exactly this

Jesus, this was never going to end well.

A pathetic excuse for a drag strip, a terribly unsafe death trap car that was not properly prepared for the track, and an ignorant driver who was not capable of handling the car.