SAU Community

My 3076 Upgrade

mickr33

Hi guys. Just recently upgraded to a 3076 with a 0.86 rear running approx 19psi. The tuner could not get any more out of it. Just after your thought's on what might be restricting it or is this all i should be expecting out of the turbo. The mods are power fc, nismo 550 injec, FMIC, Z32 AFM, bosch 040, 3inch exhaust with very hi-flow cat. Not that i am wanting much more as the car is a monster to drive, just thought it had more in it ? thank's

thought u had the front facing on?

I had problems holding boost with mine so I'm putting a new filter on it before the next run and prob buy a decat pipe (like 80 buks on just jap) just to be safe

if ur intercooler and piping is a good brand then it shouldnt be that but if its not the best on the market and ur piping (or silicon hoses or clamps) are just chinese cheapys then they may pose a problem... but ill stress the word 'may'. Its probably just a good idea to check everythings all good.

It is internal wastegate, exhaust is 3 inch, plenum is standard and cat does have 3 inch pipe in it.

Is it a proper GT3076R with a 60mm turbine wheel or one of the 56mm ones?

If it's a 56mm one, consider urself lucky U have that much power. If it is a 60mm one of the new proper GT30 .82 internal gate housings then i would expect it to make a bit more.

Easy way to know is if it says 0.86, it's a crappy GT28 one, if it says 0.82, it's a proper GT30 one.

Edited by bradsm87

I don't see what the problem is, for that boost level the power seems spot on give or take a few kw's. Remember every dyno is differen't. How does it drive is the main thing? Does it feel like it's pulling nicely all the way to redline and trying to kill you? If so the power seems spot on. I'm sure you could probably get a little more out of it if you played around with a couple of things but don't expect too much more. What power were you expecting?

Edited by PM-R33

Agree with previous comments - but also wary of the reference to .86a/r exhaust housing.... are you running a T25 flange one or have you just confused .86 with .82? If you are running the GT3076R-WG they run a trimmed turbine wheel, smaller housing and lesser trim compressor wheel and 290rwkw would be very impressive going!

I'd be guessing he means that the tuner perhaps tried more boost and nothing more happened... That's my take with what little info there is.

If my assumption is correct - I'd point the finger squarely at the 3" exhaust, or something along there (hollow cat/turbulence as said earlier also).

You really do need a 3.5" when you are getting to 300rwkw and over, it just makes everything easier.

Has there been any proof (back to back testing) on the whole turbulance thing in a hollowed cat? I understand it would introduce some turbulance but would it be enough to make a difference?

Yes. My car didn't like just a hollow hole. Hollowing out a 3" cat (the housing is larger than 3" remember), rather than piping it, it not as effective.

If it was 4" system, 5"-5.5" cat housing the difference might be less of a problem @ 300rwkw, but he is pushing the limits with 3" so minor things could upset the events.

If my assumption is correct - I'd point the finger squarely at the 3" exhaust, or something along there (hollow cat/turbulence as said earlier also).

You really do need a 3.5" when you are getting to 300rwkw and over, it just makes everything easier.

Agreed. I made a 15rwkw gain by changing from a 3' to a 3.5' exhaust. 325rwkw-340rwkw then went on to make 360odd.