SAU Community

Carbon Fibre Vinyl Wrap

Charles89

Awesome work charles.

One day I will CF my rear spoiler blade instead of repainting :banana:

I've done a few GTR spoiler blades, 33, 34, all looks good. JUst make sure you wrap it with it off the spoiler :(

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey when i get my R34 S2 interior im hoping on doing this to mine just wanted to know were is the cheapest place to get it and if there was some in brizy QLD that could give us a hand for the 1st one or two bit so i get the hang of it thanks

• 1 month later...

Hey mate,

Sorry for the late photos, but here it is:

img0014ig.jpg

img0013v.jpg

img0012ix.jpg

Also picture of my front cabin lights and my mirror thingy:

img0019wk.jpg

Hey Cheif, i love your work and i've managed to get my hands on a couple meters of the wrap, unfortunatley being abit too eager i've taken off the rear-view mirror and cant seem to put it back in place.

any tips or advice on how you can clip it back on? driving without it is quite entertaining :blink:

i got some of the 3m stuff and covered the lid and inside of my Mac book Pro.

3m made a precut design so there wasnt much talent involved.

Ill put up some pics tonight

Hey Cheif, i love your work and i've managed to get my hands on a couple meters of the wrap, unfortunatley being abit too eager i've taken off the rear-view mirror and cant seem to put it back in place.

any tips or advice on how you can clip it back on? driving without it is quite entertaining :blink:

Did you actually unscrew the screw inside the mirror?...

Because I've actually done that and I've realise you can't screw it back on unless you take the actual mirror off.... Thereforee... That mirror is stuffed...

I had to buy a new one...

Because what you need to do is... Undo the cover that's on the mirror arm, and you should see 3 screws? Undo those and just wrap the mirror with the arm on..

• 2 weeks later...

Did you actually unscrew the screw inside the mirror?...

Because I've actually done that and I've realise you can't screw it back on unless you take the actual mirror off.... Thereforee... That mirror is stuffed...

I had to buy a new one...

Because what you need to do is... Undo the cover that's on the mirror arm, and you should see 3 screws? Undo those and just wrap the mirror with the arm on..

yeah I accidentally managed to unscrew that screw, ending up buying a new one and wrapping the cover.

I've managed to get my hands on the cluster bezel in the dash - wrapped that which i'll try and upload a photo soon (still getting the hang of wrapping around edges/corners) Purchased some blue leds from 666dan. also having a series 2 I thought i'd try remove the orange illumination film on the back of the gauges, not so good of an idea - fuel gauge/speedo are misreading. didnt end up removing the film either so i've got to learn to keep my hands away from fragile objects lol. pinch.gif

yeah I accidentally managed to unscrew that screw, ending up buying a new one and wrapping the cover.

I've managed to get my hands on the cluster bezel in the dash - wrapped that which i'll try and upload a photo soon (still getting the hang of wrapping around edges/corners) Purchased some blue leds from 666dan. also having a series 2 I thought i'd try remove the orange illumination film on the back of the gauges, not so good of an idea - fuel gauge/speedo are misreading. didnt end up removing the film either so i've got to learn to keep my hands away from fragile objects lol. pinch.gif

Haha, I was gonna wrap the bezel, but then I found a GTR bezel :P

Here's a pic of it :)

img1149ev.jpg

Man you do a good job with that cf wrap , cant wait to see how that dash will look ..

Thanks man :P

Also, thought I'd just quickly upload a pic of my weather shields that's been wrapped:

img0930l.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I bought a roll not too long ago,I've been on a wrapping spree since.It just feels so satisfying wrapping anything and everything in the stuff haha.Now I got to get around to doing some car parts.

Hey

Here's some pic's of the stuff I have wrapped in my R34 with the help of charles sorry for the bad pic's guys..

Hey guys,

ive been meaning to reply back for a few months now. just never had the time :rofl2:

ive noticed with the heat coming through now that summer is around the corner the glue from the vinyl has loosened and is slowly peeling back off (top strip above the A/C unit and around the gauges in the dash bezel.

any ideas on how to keep them down?

Greatly appreciated :)

317325_253734231346214_100001289170912_770895_967739656_n.jpg

311824_253735614679409_100001289170912_770920_334132463_n.jpg

If it's peeling up then either you didn't heat it enough and apply enough pressure when applying the vinyl, or the surface you have applied it to is not suitable for a wrap,

When wrapping with this kind of material, you should be heating it to conform to the shapes, then once you are happy with it, it needs to be post heated to between 60-90C.

If you haven't wrapped it correctly or the material surface is too rough, you will definitely see it here as it will lift or bubble where air remaines trapped or where you have stretched the material too much. (if you stretch the material too much you also spread out the adhesive on the backing leaving less adhesive per cm2, hence less stick)