SAU Community

The Cops Are Ramping It Up - Leave The Skyline At Home!

Spunky Munky

im getting past the point... all this is wanting to make me sell the car i love

i hate when they pick on stupid crap when they cant find any serious issues with your car '' looks like you have too many clicks in your handbreak when you pull in up ''

then to top it off sometimes they HIT you with a fine... the stress of a defect isnt enough? dont get me wrong... i have been pulled over an havnt been defected, cause they have let me off.. but the number of time ive been defected an let off is 1 in a million

OVER AN OUT

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Operation RAID for Remove All Impaired Driver's has nothing to do with defects. I don't know why anyone would need to hand out more defects as they are classed very low as a stat for us. Every boss I have had couldn't care where I never gave out a NOU, they love when I issue lots of fines and apprehend lots of offenders. I also don't see how you can get fine for driving unroadworthy vehicle without being issued a Notice of Unroadworthy that's very strange to me.

Yeah tell me about it, Graeme...it just seems every copper out there is defecting imports left-right-and-centre! I mean, I just got a RWC done and then they still want to fine me...what the heck?

no offence graeme, that just sounds like another cop headed cop.

But if there gonna be like that. My car is stock. But they'll find something. Like my factory tint is too dark.

Better give the daily a clean up and cruise in that haha

Mate, you said it nicely...they'll find something...let's face it...who has a 100% perfect car...not even a Granny driving a Toyota Camry can claim that...a mate of mine just got done for having a dirty engine bay...to me it looks just like my engine bay - no show car engine bay but it's ok...they claimed it looked dirty and was a fire hazard and he also got done for Tint and tyres being too thin...what the heck? Now he's carless for a couple of weeks and when you go do a Roadworthy...those mechanics will go through your car with a comb...because 1) they can make more cash out of you for extra things AND 2) because they want to impress VicRoads and comply with their licensing requirements etc...

Seriously, some days, I can't be farrked driving my Skylines out of the garage... :cheers:

i was driving home from the local car wash? they are out in force its just a matter of time before they get you to its a real shame they cant focus on real criminals like the guy who stole my mates car @ gun point on the weekend..

Mate, I cannot go to the local gym in my car low as I'm afraid I'll shitt myself before I get there and have to get my mate that drives a Commowore to come and pick me up...what the farkk mate...seriously, enough is enough...I've done what they wanted and returned it to pretty much stock and everything complies now...what the farrk more do the cops want...seriously, if I was driving like an insane maniac then that would be a different issue.

there just getting out of hand now. In footscray. They have camera's above the street parking. To watch people who sit there with indicator on waiting for a car to leave the carpark so they can slot in. If your seen sitting the for more then 30seconds you get slapped with a fine in the mail for parking in a non standing zone. Bloody bullshit what their doing.

Yes yes, I can vouch for this...check this out...I drove my mum to the local Chemist and dropped for 5 seconds to let her out...she's old so obviously she can't just jump out within 2 seconds that we can...then I drove her to drop her off at the Footscray market...I was like WTF, when I received 3 parking offense letters from those "Eagle Eye" cameras...everyone in Footscray have been copping these sweet...a lady came up to me at the parking meters a few days ago and said that she was sent 7 of these letters within a period of just 1 week. There's an uproar happening. I lost it, called the fucckas up and said they can kiss my arsse as I'm not paying shitt....WTF!

Seriously, enough is enough...if I have illegal mods and driving like a clown dangerously - then please, Coppers, come and grab me, body slam me and arrest me and shittt...but farrk...I can't even drive my car to the local milk bar and to the gym because I'm scared shittless of getting it impounded or defected...WTF is Victoria coming to...seriously, I think someone ought to push it up with the cops...THEY ARE RUINING OUR YOUTH!!!

Man haven't we had enough of these cop/defect threads already! As for you Mr Spunky Munky, believe it or not you're in their bad book already! Your name must be highlighted/bold on their system.

Yeah ...you're not wrong. :cheers: Honestly, I get pulled over at least once a week if I drive often. I'm really starting to think of selling both my cars and go to a stock shittty Camry for a while....

im getting past the point... all this is wanting to make me sell the car i love

i hate when they pick on stupid crap when they cant find any serious issues with your car '' looks like you have too many clicks in your handbreak when you pull in up ''

then to top it off sometimes they HIT you with a fine... the stress of a defect isnt enough? dont get me wrong... i have been pulled over an havnt been defected, cause they have let me off.. but the number of time ive been defected an let off is 1 in a million

OVER AN OUT

Couldn't have said it any better...as most of us have experience or may soon experience...the stress of a DEFECT aka CANARY (especially nowadays) is indescribable! It's a head farkk and a half.

Oh man....I can't even described how stress I was...was about to shit blood! LOL :cheers:

defect now = a month off the road good luck gettin a RWC in the next 2-3 weeeks.. its bs my car might be low and loud etc but i bet its a whole lot safer then ur run of the mill daily handles better stops better grips better etc but that doesnt count... and these $292 fines with defects merry xmas to u too... cops.

defect now = a month off the road good luck gettin a RWC in the next 2-3 weeeks.. its bs my car might be low and loud etc but i bet its a whole lot safer then ur run of the mill daily handles better stops better grips better etc but that doesnt count... and these $292 fines with defects merry xmas to u too... cops.

+1

PS: that's if you can a RWC. Be prepared...all the mechanics are now all "goodie goodie."

I DEFINATELY THINK THERE IS A CRACK DOWN!!!

Below is link to my thread:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Ri...ld-t300680.html

And another one is the eastern suburbs:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Av...rn-t300726.html

I got pinned for the power to weight ratio, in 2yrs never copped a ticket in my 33 and been pulled over once. :rant:

My car is sitting the garage for a while now :(

I would advise moderators not to close this thread as it may help a few VIC SAU member to avoid the extra christmas present

Edited by P1OTR

Just to set the record straight. The reason we pull you lot over, is not due to the car, but due to the people driving them.

On a daily basis, the amount of idiots we see disregarding basic road rules in these cars, is ridiculous.

When we pull a "skyline" over, we are 90% certain, we are to come across, one of the following;

1. Intoxicated/Drugged Driver

2. Un-liscenced/ Suspended Driver

3. Illegal Modifications

Or my favourite of late;

4. P-Platers, driving high-powered Skylines. It's amazing the number of P-platers these days, who think they can get away by, 'not displaying their plates'. You will be caught. We don't need the plates to tell us, if you're a Probationary or not, we can simply tell by your driving ability.

The same applies to all the Commodores we see.

Skylines used to be the least of our worries, movies like, "Fast and the Furious", have not only infamously promoted them, but have attracted the idiots, to these cars.

Just to set the record straight. The reason we pull you lot over, is not due to the car, but due to the people driving them.

On a daily basis, the amount of idiots we see disregarding basic road rules in these cars, is ridiculous.

When we pull a "skyline" over, we are 90% certain, we are to come across, one of the following;

1. Intoxicated/Drugged Driver

2. Un-liscenced/ Suspended Driver

3. Illegal Modifications

Or my favourite of late;

4. P-Platers, driving high-powered Skylines. It's amazing the number of P-platers these days, who think they can get away by, 'not displaying their plates'. You will be caught. We don't need the plates to tell us, if you're a Probationary or not, we can simply tell by your driving ability.

The same applies to all the Commodores we see.

Skylines used to be the least of our worries, movies like, "Fast and the Furious", have not only infamously promoted them, but have attracted the idiots, to these cars.

To all those people who thinks cops don't check forums, here's an example lol.

I think to your points, number 3-4 is fair enough but don't know about 1-2.....

Why would an unlicensed or suspended driver want to make themselve stand out from the rest by driving a skyline?

Sorry to say but I find it hard to understand why seeing a skyline on the road would lead police to believe that the driver is:

First - Intoxicated/Drugged

or

Second - Un-licensed/Suspended

both of which are above your third point of having illegal mods...which I'd have thought would be number one on your reasons list...and your list would have finished there with nothing else to follow...