SAU Community

The Cops Are Ramping It Up - Leave The Skyline At Home!

Spunky Munky

Also refer to the above comment about perception/revenue etc. You will find that also plays a rather influencing factor and reasoning behind the declining respect for Police. I will freely say I have greatly reduced respect for Police and their

Am I tired or is that sentence not complete?

Also, well said re: the other stuff in the same post...

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll answer above. Clearly if driver has long history of traffic or criminal offences the likelyhood of them receiving a Defect/Fine/EPA increases dramatically compared to someone with no history. As 80KPH stated attitude is a big thing on determining whether defect/fine issued.

In the 8 years I have been in the job I have noticed a huge change in how the public view the police and the general lack of respect towards any sort of authority figure especially with the youth is rediculous at present. At the same time Crime figures through the roof. I know where I work our workload has probably increased 5 fold in last 2 years.

Just last night I caught youth 14 carrying knife and both him and his brother told me to F*&K off and I am C**T for not letting him off with warning. Went to Car accident with Drink Driver 4 times limit crash through fence and into side of house with driver again stating he has done nothing wrong and we are C*&TS etc again.

I am sick of the public's attitude of just give me a warning, I'M sorry, it's not like I have done anything really wrong etc etc. I personally don't do much traffic stuff these days(other than drink drivers which is a daily occurance) as too busy with other stuff but with the public's attitude and the court system the way it is things are only going to get worse and heading that way by the day.

I can understand people's frustration with getting defected, fined etc why all this other stuff is going on but TMU/Traffic taked to do that and with the road toll decreasing every year the force and government would say what we are doing is working.

i wish i could agree with all this dont drive like a hoon show respect and the police are decent.

this is not true ive been stopped countless times not once have i been shown respect.

ive been followed for yonks in the hope i would rip a fat skid and more.. i work with people every day in a professional industry if i treated people the way i get treated by the police and i can only comment on every instance ive personally had with them id get fired in the first hour.. the police force is under regulated and watched by their own really worth while in my opinion.

sure my car is slightly lowered,fmic and has larger wheels then factory otherwise engine is stock but i bet my car is a heap safer then half the other beat up clapped out magna's getting around...

Thanks Graeme, appreciate the response.

I would hate to imagine what you have to deal with on a daily basis. My brother is a SAPOL recruit and has already experienced all sorts of disrespect especially from youth. Kids these days are definately different in a bad bad way.

The third and foremost

3. Attitude. Don't be a smart-ass. That's what leads to many, of these so called borderline defects, being handed out in the first place.

Absolute load of shit mr officer. ive been as nice as pie to every police officer ive ever met, even the racist wankers that ive come across in my time. id say 2/10 cops have been nice to me. the rest have chased me for absolutely no good reason when my car was stock and have a clean record. they have talked down on me and accused me of being a fkn drug dealer n shit. others have checked cars full of aussies in front of me n been nice n friendly and then a total flamin mongrel to me n searched my car tried to defect me. and the classic i cant find anything wrong with your car so ill just say u failed to indicate. i havent been lucky enough to cop that last one but several of my friends have.

dont forget the you need an alignment or illegal tint for when all else fails!

i had a real guru the other week he was able to determine i only had 2/3 suspension travel by giving a quick lean on the rear quarter.. ferrari should draft him for their pit crew with knowledge that accurate.

i had a real guru the other week he was able to determine i only had 2/3 suspension travel by giving a quick lean on the rear quarter.. ferrari should draft him for their pit crew with knowledge that accurate.

hahaha. i LOL'd. excellent :(

dont forget the you need an alignment or illegal tint for when all else fails!

yeh those wheel alignments lol u can really tell when its out by 1 degree or so

I've read on forum's and magazines of police tail gating people to make them speed to f*** them over for speeding and just tonight i think that what happend to a mate.

He's driving and this unmarked police car was behind us basically touching our bumper anyway this goes on for around 2 min's my mate's just screaming at them to over take(he's a bit of an angry c**t. he pull's over and the car behind us pass's us (screamed a few thing's but not sure if they heard) anyway and as the car passed us, there were 2 cop's just starring at us giving us the biggest greasies. LOL, i couldn't believe it

WTF - This is actually common

Edited by jordan101

I could sit here and just and be an anonymity, but I'd rather not. From reading all of these, "victimization" accounts, the perception of a "victim" is wrong.

You are not the victims, the victim was the 6 year old, that was mowed down in Morwell.

"Drifting", is what some may call it, utter stupidity is what we call it. I know it was a Commodore, but these are the types of idiots, who get behind these types of cars.

If it means we have to pull over every commodore/import we see, just to catch these louts, so be it.

This us vs them mentality, which seems to exist, through-out the motoring scene today, is a joke. Believe it or not, we are not out to get you, we'd rather be munching on a 'doughnut', than chasing after some tard.

I know some of you may think of us as, 'cops' or 'dogs', but we are merely doing our jobs. For every life lost, we are the ones, who share the blame.

We often get criticized of, "not doing enough", or this years favourite, "too busy, revenue raising".

As far as defects go;

1. Don't drive like an idiot. You will be amazed, how easily you won't stand out.

2. Maintain your car's roadworthiness, as much as possible.

The third and foremost

3. Attitude. Don't be a smart-ass. That's what leads to many, of these so called borderline defects, being handed out in the first place.

Nah sorry mate, I agree with alot of what you have said and I appreciate your input in this thread because it's always good to have a devils advocate in any argument, but some of us are victims. If we aren't victims then what are we? Sure we haven't lost our lives on the road, but how would you like to be going about your innocent business on the way home/to work and have someone take a few hours out of your life plus $200+ out of your income? Now do that 5 times over and see if you don't feel like the victim of something. There's nothing like the dissonance you feel when you're obeying the road rules yet receive worse punishment than someone who would run a red light or fail to give way. And the idea that random defects are supposed to have an effect on the road toll - I'm not seeing the correlation.

As I said before, don't take what we're saying personally if you're not the type to engage in the behaviour we're complaining about. It is our negative experiences with police that are going to make it to this thread. If you're the type of officer to pull someone over, offer them the same respect that you would like in return and not treat them unnecessarily unfairly...then you can pull me over anyday and I won't mind. There's plenty of bastard import drivers who deserve what they get and they do frequent this website along with others (we won't deny their existence in our communities), but there's plenty of us who don't. There's plenty of bastard police out there, but there's plenty of you who aren't. It's not just us who are creating the "us vs them" mentality.

Question on the side while you're here...perhaps you can answer this for me in your personal opinion. And I am asking it sincerely for future reference: I get pulled over...should I stay in my car or will it piss off the officer if I get out of my car to shake hands / meet and greet? Because the last time I did this as a show of respect (meet you on the same level kind of thing) and talked to like I was a complete idiot. I was pointed out as being an out of towner, told I'll get a fine in the mail (he couldn't tell me how much for), and received no "goodbye" / "have a nice night" in return. What an utter prick I thought.

Re above my advice is to stay in car. Our training etc is for that and if you get out you can appear confrontational. I don't pick on imports apparently I pick on euro cars as I just impounded a Lamborghini Gallardo. We were just picking on him of course as there is nothing wrong with travelling at 150 in 80 zone. Sorry forgot he wasn't speeding according to him we made it all up.

Re above my advice is to stay in car. Our training etc is for that and if you get out you can appear confrontational. I don't pick on imports apparently I pick on euro cars as I just impounded a Lamborghini Gallardo. We were just picking on him of course as there is nothing wrong with travelling at 150 in 80 zone. Sorry forgot he wasn't speeding according to him we made it all up.

yehh but we arent complaining about impounding and illegal activity did you slap a canary on him? would u have pulled him over doing 80 in an 80 zone?

and yeh dont get out of the car i got out once after one guy said out another guy screamed get the F*k back in im like err he told me to get out almost wore a baton for that excerise :) gotta love catchin a movie at jam factory and trying to go home..

When you're pulled over, turn off the engine, wind down driver's side window, keep both hands fully visible on the steering wheel with your licence ready in one of them, if it's dark turn on the car interior light, be polite. Simple steps you can do to minimise misunderstanding.