SAU Community

The Cops Are Ramping It Up - Leave The Skyline At Home!

Spunky Munky

i would love to see a six year old boy at a factory area, at night time , walking the streets just so u can prove your point.

we could also say what was the kid doing on the road? cops should have told the parents to watch him better. sideways or not, the car had more right to be on the road than a kid. cant lay 100% of the blame on the driver in this case if u look at it from both points of view regardless if the driver is a f**kstick for driving like an idiot anyway

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agreed that if you drive sensibly you dont get in very much trouble, but its not always true.

Anyways Id like to pick one thing out of this rubbish; according to you attitude plays a huge part on whether the fine/defect/whatever is issued. Ok.

Show me the part of the law/rules that says something like this:

1. If offender is polite: let them off.

2. If offender is a 'smart-ass', be more inclided to issue a fine.

I dont think there is anything like that thats written.

Sounds like an obuse of power, as per usual. If the driver did something wrong, fine them. If not, dont. Its pretty simple. Its the 'cops on good days and bad days' that is bloody unfair. You either did something wrong or you didnt. Surely you guys are trained to deal with people's bullshit; im sorry but bad attitude isnt reason to give someone a fine.

*stuff*

my thoughts exactly. aren't police officers trained professionals? how long do you think someone like, say a doctor, would be able to pull off the good day/bad day excuse? police hold a large responsibility in our community, and should strive to provide a service that is fair, dependable, and consistant. this is the only way that respect will return

yeh mate i know all that...ive had my fair share of defects 11 to be presice and only once was i doin the wrong thing.

Ok yeh pull me over but pull people over in standard cars too! Because at the end of the day its not the car that kills someone its the person driving it that does! I could drive a nissan micra and get someone or myself hurt.

They just discriminate against one group of cars...you discriminate against people and you get in shit for that...

The only reason i get annoyed is being a mechanic i always look at cars around me when im stopped at the lights and i reckon i could pick something unroadworthy on most of them... how many cars do u drive behind that have no brake lights or only one working? These cars are more dangerous than our imports.

But at the end of the day you drive an import you are cop bait! I have known this ever since i owned one.

Thank you mate...thank you for sharing my anger and anguish.

+1

I could sit here and just and be an anonymity, but I'd rather not. From reading all of these, "victimization" accounts, the perception of a "victim" is wrong.

You are not the victims, the victim was the 6 year old, that was mowed down in Morwell.

"Drifting", is what some may call it, utter stupidity is what we call it. I know it was a Commodore, but these are the types of idiots, who get behind these types of cars.

If it means we have to pull over every commodore/import we see, just to catch these louts, so be it.

This us vs them mentality, which seems to exist, through-out the motoring scene today, is a joke. Believe it or not, we are not out to get you, we'd rather be munching on a 'doughnut', than chasing after some tard.

I know some of you may think of us as, 'cops' or 'dogs', but we are merely doing our jobs. For every life lost, we are the ones, who share the blame.

We often get criticized of, "not doing enough", or this years favourite, "too busy, revenue raising".

As far as defects go;

1. Don't drive like an idiot. You will be amazed, how easily you won't stand out.

2. Maintain your car's roadworthiness, as much as possible.

The third and foremost

3. Attitude. Don't be a smart-ass. That's what leads to many, of these so called borderline defects, being handed out in the first place.

Funnily enough, of all such stories posted here not too many mention, their initial attitude and conduct, towards the officer.

From experience, the amount of, "smart-asses', encountered on a daily basis is comical at best, whether due to the sheer frustration of being pulled over, or just the attitude among young people today. But more often than not, there is a general lack of respect shown.

Showing a bit of respect can go a long way towards receiving such defects.

We are not asking you, to treat us like the royal majesty, just to show the same level of respect, shown towards your family/friends.

Be an ass, and many will make it their 'duty', to get you for 'something', just to put you in place.

Having said that, we make mistakes too, sometimes you're going to come across a complete, 'prick'. But you have to remember, we're humans too, we're fuelled by the same emotions, and we have our bad days as well.

Hence sometimes, you may encounter the, 'abuse of power'; it is appalling to see, and yes many of us, do condemn it.

I'm all for club cruises, they are a great way to show the public, the difference between, "idiots" and the "enthusiasts". After all, the public are the ones, who judge you in the end. They are the ones who "dob" you in, after each offence.

However they are misleading to an extent, it's easy to behave for a few hours at a club cruise, in the confinement of a large disapproving group.

The problem lies within, when each of these "enthusiasts", is on their own, and commits offences, whilst under the reputation of the SAU sticker on the window.

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it.

Firstly, I must agree with you one one point...in general, the cops out there are there to 'serve and protect the people of Australia.' That's very sweet and admirable and all...and mind you, I really do admire our men and women in blue on the roads trying their best to prevent accidents and deaths...it's not an easy task...I have mates in the force and I can appreciate it's not an easy job to do each day/night.

However, victimizing a certain type of car or group of people is not the way. I use this word selectively and carefully although I do want to share with you that this is how I am feeling at the moment.

To update you, so I have been driving everywhere to get stock parts for my Skyline so I can drive the damnn thing during the festive season and not be harassed...for example, I just drove 110 km each way to Ballarat this afternoon to pick up a stock Airbox for my car...the amount of petrol I wasted was a joke...however, I still got it to please YOU!!! I drove in the rain and finally got it...finally when I reached home, I quickly turned on my shed lights and began working on my Skyline immediately in time for me to drive my car to my parent's house tonight...everything YOU wanted had been fixed...stock air box on, blow off valve removed, boost controller removed, lights polished, side gauges removed...etc etc..so I'm confident now...so I got dressed and drove my car to Highpoint shopping centre for some last minute gifts...

So I'm driving along doing 50 km/h in a 60 zone minding my own farking busy and not doing anything stupid and a TMU cop car pulls out of a side street and dashes through traffic to tailgate me...I thought it was coincidental...so I minded my own business and continued driving...a few cars got in between us so I thought that was that and that I shouldn't be paranoid anymore...then sure enough the farkers cut through traffic with their sirens blazing and pull me over again, for the third farken time in less than 2 weeks after I had a full Roadworthy done...and for your information, no it was not farken dodgy one as no one has balls of steel to do dodgies anymore...I paid a lot of money for my car to be made roadworthy...

So anyway, they pulled me over...did the random breath test, license check etc and then asked me to pop my bonnet...so I did...confidently I may add...and they go to me "so, a Skyline ah - what have you modified on this machine?" I replied "nothing that is illegal as I've recently passed a roadworthy with Vicroads and they have deemed my car as legal, moreover, everything has now been returned to stock...

They look for the usual easy targets...they pointed to each 'usual defectable item', e.g. blow off valve, pod filter, boost controller etc...I was glad to answer them "stock, stock, stock, stock..." and then one of those farkers looks at my strut brace and says...why do you have this metal bar installed here? I shared with them that this was to enhance the stability of the car and it had been installed to Vicroads specifications, e.g. securely screwed to only the sides of the vehicle, is pure steel and is not preventing the bonnet from shutting/closing etc...one copper found some rust on one of those screws bolting the strut bar down and said this is dangerous...I asked why...all metal/steel parts if exposed to water and the sun after a while will somewhat rust....he said he didn't like it and thought it was dangerous then walked away to his car...the other copper walks around my car for like 2 minutes and then says you're car is too low...I said no it's not...by law as long as your car is 100mm above ground it's fine...I know this for a fact as I've passed the test all the time...cops usually have a stick with a wheel attached to it that they can use to slide under your car to see if it's height legal...so I asked them to perform the same test if they thought it was too low...which they did not do...anyways, so they asked me to wait in my car while they 'rethink what to do with my car.' So I'm sitting there waiting...thinking to myself...farken kunnts...I've done all you want and now you still want to FIND SOMETHING to fark me over especially on Christmas eve...10 minutes later, one cop comes to my window and says "we've let you off and won't defect your car" but we have chosen to give you a fine of $292 for driving an unroadworthy vehicle...I was like WTF? I had the same fine given to me a few days ago WHILST, my full RWC is still like less than 2 weeks fresh...I explained to them the matter and he forces the fine into my window and says "if you have any issues mate, go see a solicitor and we'll see you in court if required..." I had enough and exited my car to talk to them...the other cop gets out and says "get back into your motor vehicle now." I replied "I just want to talk this over as I think what you've done is unfair and not right." The other cop says "look, if you drive a cop-magnet car like yours expect to pay these fines...if I were you, I would just sell it...we don't have anything more to talk to you about..." and the farkers jetted off like hoons!

I've had enough...I'm going to seek legal advice on Wednesday and will definitely take this up further with the police force...you're not doing your job here...you're farking someone's Christmas up for them and giving them grief!

Seriously, defected and pulled over 5 times in the last 4 weeks is rather too much!! I'm going to take legal action as seriously, he couldn't have fined me for having dirt and soil on my tyres or having rain drops on my windscreen or some shiitt like that...THIS IS NOT THE LAW, THIS IS LIKE CYBER BULLYING ONLY ON THE ROADS!! :)

...10 minutes later, one cop comes to my window and says "we've let you off and won't defect your car" but we have chosen to give you a fine of $292 for driving an unroadworthy vehicle...I was like WTF?

So....in what way was the car deemed unroadworthy ??

f**kING DOGS!!!!! man i hope u f**k those wankers real bad in court and id put in a formal complaint on them as well. thats the most bullshit fkn thing ever! im already pissed off at the police for being total f**kwits when it comes to defects but seriously that is going too far. they say u should get rid of ur car well maybe vic police should get rid of them useless pricks.

one more thing i have to ask mate, are u asian/wog/black? maybe this was another case of racist cops.

Firstly, I must agree with you one one point...in general, the cops out there are there to 'serve and protect the people of Australia.' That's very sweet and admirable and all...and mind you, I really do admire our men and women in blue on the roads trying their best to prevent accidents and deaths...it's not an easy task...I have mates in the force and I can appreciate it's not an easy job to do each day/night.

However, victimizing a certain type of car or group of people is not the way. I use this word selectively and carefully although I do want to share with you that this is how I am feeling at the moment.

To update you, so I have been driving everywhere to get stock parts for my Skyline so I can drive the damnn thing during the festive season and not be harassed...for example, I just drove 110 km each way to Ballarat this afternoon to pick up a stock Airbox for my car...the amount of petrol I wasted was a joke...however, I still got it to please YOU!!! I drove in the rain and finally got it...finally when I reached home, I quickly turned on my shed lights and began working on my Skyline immediately in time for me to drive my car to my parent's house tonight...everything YOU wanted had been fixed...stock air box on, blow off valve removed, boost controller removed, lights polished, side gauges removed...etc etc..so I'm confident now...so I got dressed and drove my car to Highpoint shopping centre for some last minute gifts...

So I'm driving along doing 50 km/h in a 60 zone minding my own farking busy and not doing anything stupid and a TMU cop car pulls out of a side street and dashes through traffic to tailgate me...I thought it was coincidental...so I minded my own business and continued driving...a few cars got in between us so I thought that was that and that I shouldn't be paranoid anymore...then sure enough the farkers cut through traffic with their sirens blazing and pull me over again, for the third farken time in less than 2 weeks after I had a full Roadworthy done...and for your information, no it was not farken dodgy one as no one has balls of steel to do dodgies anymore...I paid a lot of money for my car to be made roadworthy...

So anyway, they pulled me over...did the random breath test, license check etc and then asked me to pop my bonnet...so I did...confidently I may add...and they go to me "so, a Skyline ah - what have you modified on this machine?" I replied "nothing that is illegal as I've recently passed a roadworthy with Vicroads and they have deemed my car as legal, moreover, everything has now been returned to stock...

They look for the usual easy targets...they pointed to each 'usual defectable item', e.g. blow off valve, pod filter, boost controller etc...I was glad to answer them "stock, stock, stock, stock..." and then one of those farkers looks at my strut brace and says...why do you have this metal bar installed here? I shared with them that this was to enhance the stability of the car and it had been installed to Vicroads specifications, e.g. securely screwed to only the sides of the vehicle, is pure steel and is not preventing the bonnet from shutting/closing etc...one copper found some rust on one of those screws bolting the strut bar down and said this is dangerous...I asked why...all metal/steel parts if exposed to water and the sun after a while will somewhat rust....he said he didn't like it and thought it was dangerous then walked away to his car...the other copper walks around my car for like 2 minutes and then says you're car is too low...I said no it's not...by law as long as your car is 100mm above ground it's fine...I know this for a fact as I've passed the test all the time...cops usually have a stick with a wheel attached to it that they can use to slide under your car to see if it's height legal...so I asked them to perform the same test if they thought it was too low...which they did not do...anyways, so they asked me to wait in my car while they 'rethink what to do with my car.' So I'm sitting there waiting...thinking to myself...farken kunnts...I've done all you want and now you still want to FIND SOMETHING to fark me over especially on Christmas eve...10 minutes later, one cop comes to my window and says "we've let you off and won't defect your car" but we have chosen to give you a fine of $292 for driving an unroadworthy vehicle...I was like WTF? I had the same fine given to me a few days ago WHILST, my full RWC is still like less than 2 weeks fresh...I explained to them the matter and he forces the fine into my window and says "if you have any issues mate, go see a solicitor and we'll see you in court if required..." I had enough and exited my car to talk to them...the other cop gets out and says "get back into your motor vehicle now." I replied "I just want to talk this over as I think what you've done is unfair and not right." The other cop says "look, if you drive a cop-magnet car like yours expect to pay these fines...if I were you, I would just sell it...we don't have anything more to talk to you about..." and the farkers jetted off like hoons!

I've had enough...I'm going to seek legal advice on Wednesday and will definitely take this up further with the police force...you're not doing your job here...you're farking someone's Christmas up for them and giving them grief!

Seriously, defected and pulled over 5 times in the last 4 weeks is rather too much!! I'm going to take legal action as seriously, he couldn't have fined me for having dirt and soil on my tyres or having rain drops on my windscreen or some shiitt like that...THIS IS NOT THE LAW, THIS IS LIKE CYBER BULLYING ONLY ON THE ROADS!! :)

read kevin's most recent post and see if you can find any justice in that...officer...

This us vs them mentality, which seems to exist, through-out the motoring scene today, is a joke. Believe it or not, we are not out to get you, we'd rather be munching on a 'doughnut', than chasing after some tard.

BULLSHIT

I know some of you may think of us as, 'cops' or 'dogs', but we are merely doing our jobs. For every life lost, we are the ones, who share the blame.

BULLSHIT

We often get criticized of, "not doing enough", or this years favourite, "too busy, revenue raising".

TRUE

As far as defects go;

1. Don't drive like an idiot. You will be amazed, how easily you won't stand out.

BULLSHIT

2. Maintain your car's roadworthiness, as much as possible.

BULLSHIT

The third and foremost

3. Attitude. Don't be a smart-ass. That's what leads to many, of these so called borderline defects, being handed out in the first place.

BULLSHIT

Edited by wanzi

So....in what way was the car deemed unroadworthy ??

Bend me over, spread open my anus and fark me sideways if I know? :)

For having a rusty screw, having a strut bar, because I look Asian, because I drive a freaken stock looking Skyline? Who knows?

So as it has become reality...I'm now waiting for my cousins to come and pick me up from my home now as I'm scared shittless of having my car impounded next for driving it down to my parent's house. FARK FARK FARK...

In response to the below thread...I'VE ALREADY GONE DOWN TO BALLARAT TWICE THIS WEEK LOOKING FOR PARTS AND YEAH, I WOULD LOVE TO JOIN YOU EXCEPT I'M SCARED SHITTLESS OF DRIVING MY CAR OUT...

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Cruise-t301303.html

Edited by Spunky Munky

mate i think a lot of peolpe here share ur anger lol

Thanks Mike...then I'm going to push this to the courts...I have the officer's names and ID's (from fine letter)...I'm going to talk to my solicitors and regardless how much it's going to cost me...I'm going to push it all the way to the courts if required...enough is enough seriously...I'm going to stand up for all of us LEGALLY!!

we could also say what was the kid doing on the road? cops should have told the parents to watch him better. sideways or not, the car had more right to be on the road than a kid. cant lay 100% of the blame on the driver in this case if u look at it from both points of view regardless if the driver is a f**kstick for driving like an idiot anyway

In a residential area, expect a kid to run out... Driving 101. Or child minding 101 really.

[sNIP]

Pretty sure its not serve and protect anymore. Anyway, (I'm sure I am not the only one thinking this)We only hear one side of the story, and your side always has you being little miss daisy, always taking your mum somewhere or visiting your parents, being a little angel, doing 10km/h under the limit, not reving the car, driving in a manner that would seek attention etc, yet you get reamed again and again. Are you telling the full story? Do have a terrible attitude? Do you drive like a fresh P plater and boot it from every set of lights and BOV every girl walking along? Was your car slammed before? I just don't get it. I live in the inner-east, I frequent many "hot-spots", Yet I don't have issues.

I received a couple of fair infringements when I first got my P's. and the officers dropped by the next day, sat me down and gave me a stern talking to and explained to me from their point of view why what i was doing was illegal, the risks etc, And to me that was/is Good law enforcement, and that is why I have respect for the Police. I have received one infringement I didn't agree with, I could of fought it and got off if I sent a letter, but at the end of the day it was a breach of the law even though it wasn't intentional, so you learn from things.

People need to learn from things, and not just say "f**k the Police". Don't whinge about a lack of racetracks, be proactive and contact MP's about it. The older voters want "hoons off the street", We want "a safe and legal environment", so make them understand it is the same thing. All the voters can get what they want. Then all you are left with are the minority of dickheads with either no impulse control or no brains. or both.

good man. its really pathetic to see how useless the police force has become these days. best of luck for the courts

Thanks Mike...then I'm going to push this to the courts...I have the officer's names and ID's (from fine letter)...I'm going to talk to my solicitors and regardless how much it's going to cost me...I'm going to push it all the way to the courts if required...enough is enough seriously...I'm going to stand up for all of us LEGALLY!!

Ease up guys. A decent cop comes along and explains it the way he (the police) sees it, he admits that they do make mistakes and are not perfect and hands out pretty good advice.

Then you guys all flip out at him because of the way other officers treat you. This guy is one of the few policemen out there who are genuinely trying to do their job properly and you're doing nothing but giving him a reason to dislike you.

If it means we have to pull over every commodore/import we see, just to catch these louts, so be it.

You'll pull over every import you see, and you wonder why people think that your out to get them?