SAU Community

The Cops Are Ramping It Up - Leave The Skyline At Home!

Spunky Munky

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's an example of the defectable setup (what not to have)... how i miss external gate from years ago... that EPA cost me a lot of money lol :P

noisy, big turbo (although you cant see it), and loud exhausts

This is the current one. The RB26 is registered and legal in my chassis, that's all i've said.

gallery_709_1130_69002.jpg

That setup made 280rwkw. Factory ECU, Factory Injectors etc etc etc etc. Not bad to poke around in

You are not the victims, the victim was the 6 year old, that was mowed down in Morwell.

"Drifting", is what some may call it, utter stupidity is what we call it. I know it was a Commodore, but these are the types of idiots, who get behind these types of cars.

i would love to see a six year old boy at a factory area, at night time , walking the streets just so u can prove your point.

Edited by Dan_J

i would love to see a six year old boy at a factory area, at night time , walking the streets just so u can prove your point.

I know what you are saying but i disagree. The point is putting a stop to people misbehaving on the roads (Regardless of industrial areas or not).

Let's hypothetically imagine that the commodore driver that killed the kid was caught 1 month prior 'drifting' in an industrial area. It is quite possible that being caught in that situation may have adjusted his behaviour enough to stop him from being silly on the streets.

Similarly by setting a precedent that all silly behaviour is unacceptable, people are less likely to offend.

As the old saying goes 'Once bitten, twice shy'

That's my thought anyway

theres a reason you get this us vs them mentality, even away from imports, when i got poled by asians with tire irons my mum went to the station the next day and made me go there, i had 17 stitches in my head, i gave all the names, around bout where they live and everything and the cops didnt even call the witnesses or anything....and he never called back and when my mum called he said ohh we are on it, f**king shit talking bitch

and then the first week i got my license, i was cruising around with friends in my mums camry, driving behind a green p's full of bogans in a VS with a southern cross sticker, he turned in to a street and i did too, there was a cop car at the lights saw me (being wog and having my other wog friend in the front seat) and did a u-turn through a red light, and then of coursed pulled me over and use the line "ohh someone called 000 to stay you were driving like a drunk driver", then breathe tested me, then when i asked who called? she was like ohh i will keep this information to myself, and then she started being a smart ass saying ohh im going to ask this person if they would like to press charges against you so we can take your license away

and finally there was another time, my friend was driving his mums van, and we parked at the factories to kick back for a bit cos we were waiting for someone, and cops came, and drug searched the van, he called me dodgy for having one of those pocket torches from a servo, and he then called us boring teenagers for not having any drugs on us, saying "ohh im very dissapointed in you guys, i was expecting some extacy or chooof"

so at the end of the day, if cops treat people like shit then dont complain when people treat you the same way back

Edited by ItalianSupastar

Damn man sorry to hear they never got those guys that poled u. Another fine example of the shit cops need to be concentrating on instead of making up bullshit reasons to harass us, especially ethnics.

That 80km fella claims that pilling people over and issuing defects is not a biased activity yet all the bogans flogging it around in their holdens, drink driving n throwing bottles at cars n starting fights almost always get away or just cop a slap on the wrist while we do nothing n cop the ass end

theres a reason you get this us vs them mentality, even away from imports, when i got poled by asians with tire irons my mum went to the station the next day and made me go there, i had 17 stitches in my head, i gave all the names, around bout where they live and everything and the cops didnt even call the witnesses or anything....and he never called back and when my mum called he said ohh we are on it, f**king shit talking bitch

and then the first week i got my license, i was cruising around with friends in my mums camry, driving behind a green p's full of bogans in a VS with a southern cross sticker, he turned in to a street and i did too, there was a cop car at the lights saw me (being wog and having my other wog friend in the front seat) and did a u-turn through a red light, and then of coursed pulled me over and use the line "ohh someone called 000 to stay you were driving like a drunk driver", then breathe tested me, then when i asked who called? she was like ohh i will keep this information to myself, and then she started being a smart ass saying ohh im going to ask this person if they would like to press charges against you so we can take your license away

and finally there was another time, my friend was driving his mums van, and we parked at the factories to kick back for a bit cos we were waiting for someone, and cops came, and drug searched the van, he called me dodgy for having one of those pocket torches from a servo, and he then called us boring teenagers for not having any drugs on us, saying "ohh im very dissapointed in you guys, i was expecting some extacy or chooof"

so at the end of the day, if cops treat people like shit then dont complain when people treat you the same way back

That 80km fella claims that pilling people over and issuing defects is not a biased activity yet all the bogans flogging it around in their holdens, drink driving n throwing bottles at cars n starting fights almost always get away or just cop a slap on the wrist while we do nothing n cop the ass end

Coz we're easy targets. They catch us as "offenders" even if we haven't done anything and slap us with defects. Cases which need to be "followed up" or "investigated" isn't always something that's going to happen coz they know they probably won't catch the offender(s) anyway and so don't bother...

I'd hate to think that really is the case but it's hard not to think it...

as long as they fill their books for the day.. and obviously its easier to book defects n stuff rather then assault and drink driving and shit

so ey... we making their job easier who cares about safety of others true?

I know what you are saying but i disagree. The point is putting a stop to people misbehaving on the roads (Regardless of industrial areas or not).

Let's hypothetically imagine that the commodore driver that killed the kid was caught 1 month prior 'drifting' in an industrial area. It is quite possible that being caught in that situation may have adjusted his behaviour enough to stop him from being silly on the streets.

Similarly by setting a precedent that all silly behaviour is unacceptable, people are less likely to offend.

As the old saying goes 'Once bitten, twice shy'

That's my thought anyway

Look, no one here is complaining about people getting fined for doing stupid things in a car like speeding or drifting. No one has said that kind of behaviour isn't deserving of punishment. Everyone who's had a whinge in this thread has complained about incidence of being pulled over and shown a lack of respect combined with unnecessarily strict and bureaucratic enforcement of the law. What we are complaining about is constant harassment and over-the-top scrutiny of vehicles when all things right we're obeying the road rules and not bringing harm to anyone.

Take a look at this thread for example; it's full of import drivers with no doubt defectable vehicles, yet they are the overwhelming majority criticising someone for driving like an idiot: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Hi...ng-t300948.html

as long as they fill their books for the day.. and obviously its easier to book defects n stuff rather then assault and drink driving and shit

so ey... we making their job easier who cares about safety of others true?

That's what else I was wondering...do cops (TMU's, especially) have any kind of quotas to meet for the day/week (whatever the case may be) ? Coz it damn sure feels like it...and it wouldn't be hard to meet either, the way they continually pull everyone over...

Might i add a few things,

To officer 80kmph and all other police reading the thread : Use some of that "revenue" and open some more places for us "idiots" to be "idiots" in.

I'm not being a ass but just going by the terms you refer to us as, even the ones that are purely enthusiasts.

I was an idiot and decided to speed... pulled over "BE POLITE AND ULL ONLY COP WHAT WHAT YOU DESERVED" and was generally polite told the officer what i was doing speeding and that it was just stupid (not in them words) the officer understood that i was being young n dum although i copt a 12 month suspension 8 demerits $550 fine.. he said that he wont impound and take me to court which i thought was great and thanked the officer, he then told me to please grow up n learn from my mistakes which i wore nicely.

simply if ur gona be a dickhead like me dont f**king complain, pardon my french

ware it like every1 else does and dont take it out on the officers they are merely doing their job to keep you(and me) idiots alive.

on another note a friend of mine decided to take a u-bob a little sideways yeh saw the cop coming on the other side to the u-bob to get him, knew he was f*ked but saw the copper take the u-bob sideways aswell Lmao!!!

officer gets to the window saw u having a little fun on that u-bob? Mate replies You dident mind having fun too did ya officer? by the end of it he was let off after having a casual convo with the officer and ended up in his good books (little chit chat with politeness DOES HELP!)

and thats all i gota say lol

Edited by v8tzr

I think some of you are misinformed as to what the police do. They are the frontline who receive orders from above - preaching to them individually about revenue raising or building racetracks is a massive moot point given they don't control either. They don't issue their own orders and quotas.

thanks for the pics/info nismoid

i rkn they have quota's theyd never admit it though just like parking inspectors.

im not sure about some of the racism being reported (im aussie) but i have copped the same trouble you guys are mentioning..

as for holdens they to get their share of defects i see it just not as regularly as imports but as said above we dont exactly make it hard for them.. whos idea was it to have 4 round tail lights ? maybe we should do some custom camry rear end coversions probaly get left alone then :P

You are not the victims, the victim was the 6 year old, that was mowed down in Morwell.

"Drifting", is what some may call it, utter stupidity is what we call it. I know it was a Commodore, but these are the types of idiots, who get behind these types of cars.

that quote is rubbish he was drink driving. i dont drink period perhaps if cops werent so busy defecting someone for been too low or too loud you might have caught that muppet instead but catching real criminals doesnt generate revenue infact it costs more money to then prosecute..

I think some of you are misinformed as to what the police do. They are the frontline who receive orders from above - preaching to them individually about revenue raising or building racetracks is a massive moot point given they don't control either. They don't issue their own orders and quotas.
+1 ^^^ just generalising mate

'v8tzr' Please explain how it is just generalizing, If you want the tax money directed somewhere, or particular issues targeted, contact the relevant MP's with a well written letter and see how you go. Make good, strong points, evidence to support your points and see how you go. Attach a hand signed petition with it and see if it goes further. Don't start off with" The Police target us...", If you don't give them ammo, they won't use it.

Anyone in a front-line role will have their bad moments, they will be frustrated, They might of just attended a fatal car crash, then seen you do the same thing that caused the last one, and is annoyed that you just don't get it? So what if 1% of the time you have a bad experience, we all have a bad day every now and then. Police have to have to deal with the dickhead factor in the same way Call Centre or any other front line roll does, now think about how much shit you gave that telco person when you wanted something changed? The police cop some people with bad attitudes too. Think about the drunk guy harassing the bar chick you might see when you are out, then imagine being the one having to deal with that kind of attitude when you pull them over for drink driving(the mentality of the drunk dickheads), and they are in the wrong... Follow?

BTW, I don't mean anything demeaning with my analogies, just trying to put it into a perspective that might help people THINK about the amount of crap the police put up with, so if you get someone on a bad day, give them a break, don't just whinge, as you get people on a bad day anywhere, in any front-line contact in an organization.

Just my views....