SAU Community

The Cops Are Ramping It Up - Leave The Skyline At Home!

Spunky Munky

Ive moved to vic from tas about 3.5 years ago, Ive always owned an Import, always.. Ive always driven to the speed limit, not been a dickhead, and mostly, kept the car roadworthy condition, I have no second thoughts taking my skyline out this weekend, because I know my car is roadworthy. And in that time im yet to be pulled over, why? Because I dont drive like an idiot, and drive some boro spec getto import..

If your cars roadworthy and you have a valid license, why should you worry? if they cops want to pull me over and do all that that's fine its their job, just hurry up and do the usual checks as I need to be places.

Oh it's not that simple mate...we'll see...I hope you're right for your sake!

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that yes the cops are doing there job most of the time.

But im a mechanic and we do roadworthies at my work and i can only comment from what our business does but...no we are not goodie goodie's and not trying to take all your money! we are only pointing these things out that need to be fixed because D!kRoads is cracking down on RWC's.

there are so many cars that we get come in ie. commodores, falcons and the european brand cars that are completey rooted! and my boss doesnt know why these cars dont get picked up by the cops...and i just tell him its cause its not and import. he also comments on how many cars blow smoke! ie hyundai excels, old magna's...but no EPA's for them!

i think someone commented about windscreens earlier...the rules are alot more leanient now. you can have small chips and marks and can have bigger chips not in the wiper ark as well.

look i have no problem with cops pulling over imports but seriously i hate the crock of sht they say when they are on the opposite side of the road do a u-turn and then overtake like 10cars just to pull you over when i was doing the speed limit...and they say "just a random breath test" WTF!

ok yes cops defect cars but not just imports! there are other cars out there that are probably more unroadworthy than ours!!!

end rant

+1

Exactly how I feel!

I f***ing hate that bullshit reporting of cigarette litter. It's an instant fine in the mail and all they have to do is go onto the website and put in a few details like the time of day and type of car. No evidence required at all. Abuse the system much? I hate smokers flicking cigarettes but this thing is just a big waste of everyone's time. If an innocent like you can get out of it, then so can a smoker who really did flick their cigarette.

Might have been said already but those EPA fines for ciggie butts out the window generally do not stand up in court if you can be bothered taking it that far. It is your word against another layman's word.. I know of a number of people who have taken it to court and won.

It's also a negative though, as I reckon people who do throw butts out the window deserve a fine. I, however, am not willing to suck it up and pay it if I haven't done anything wrong.

Wow, that was powerful...I cannot agree more...I just hope that bias cops read this...it's almost as if they think it's funny...I mean, farrk me, if they came to my car now, they'll probably defect me for my wipers being a bit worn, my tired a bit this , a bit that...or my interior being a bit dirty...for example, I nearly had a fine for having my GPS stuck too close to me...I mean, ffs, if it's on the passenger's seat, I won't see the fuccka...I had it just towards me a bit from the centre of the windscreen...what more do they want ffs? It really pisses me off sometimes to say the least!

I had one of those wider mirror clip on things to enable me to see more of the rear...said that was unroadworthy...I had a two-way splitter in my cigarette lighter to power my GPS and also my bluetooth hands free...said I had to get rid of that too as it's farken roadworthy...fark man...this is farked...it's starting to affect us, I thinking of writing to the prime minister or some police chief. We have to take a stance...fark it...I can't even drive my car to highpoint shopping centre as I'm worried some cop would defect me again!

Let's face it...if they tell you to open up your bonnet...you know you're in for a fine of some sort...as if they'll let you go easy...fark, a mate of mine had his car defected because his squirter bottle was slightly worn and has a small whole towards the very top of it where there's was no water to leak through anyway...said it was unroadworthy and also picked on his engine for not having a rocket cover saying without proper closure there was a chance the sparkies or coilpacks would catch fire and spread to the entire engine bay...WTF !!!!!

Enough of my ranting...as you can see, I've just had enough!!!

Man, you need to claim down.... I'm sure if cops are reading this, they are laughing at you right now, with "farkk this farrk that". It's like the more you react, the more they will wanna pull you over lol.

You just gotta deal with the fact that imports are better off in the garage during certain times of the year. If you want an import than expect the attention you get with it, good or bad.

There's no point of complaining every second day about cops defecting people, sorry to say this but nothing is going to change.

Man, you need to claim down.... I'm sure if cops are reading this, they are laughing at you right now, with "farkk this farrk that". It's like the more you react, the more they will wanna pull you over lol.

You just gotta deal with the fact that imports are better off in the garage during certain times of the year. If you want an import than expect the attention you get with it, good or bad.

There's no point of complaining every second day about cops defecting people, sorry to say this but nothing is going to change.

yeh mate i know all that...ive had my fair share of defects 11 to be presice and only once was i doin the wrong thing.

Ok yeh pull me over but pull people over in standard cars too! Because at the end of the day its not the car that kills someone its the person driving it that does! I could drive a nissan micra and get someone or myself hurt.

They just discriminate against one group of cars...you discriminate against people and you get in shit for that...

The only reason i get annoyed is being a mechanic i always look at cars around me when im stopped at the lights and i reckon i could pick something unroadworthy on most of them... how many cars do u drive behind that have no brake lights or only one working? These cars are more dangerous than our imports.

But at the end of the day you drive an import you are cop bait! I have known this ever since i owned one.

All true Charles, but it is a sad state of affairs.

Euro sports cars FTW. That's where I'll be next for sure. All the power and handling with none of the hassles.

True tht! But youve got to be able to afford to fix them to be able to own one.

BMW = Bring My Wallet :D

True tht! But youve got to be able to afford to fix them to be able to own one.

BMW = Bring My Wallet :D

No difference to an import mate :) you have got to be able to afford all those fines and defects, to be able to own one :)

So I guess for those who can't..... Then commonwhores with no rear lights and bold tyres are for you xD

Might have been said already but those EPA fines for ciggie butts out the window generally do not stand up in court if you can be bothered taking it that far. It is your word against another layman's word.. I know of a number of people who have taken it to court and won.

It's also a negative though, as I reckon people who do throw butts out the window deserve a fine. I, however, am not willing to suck it up and pay it if I haven't done anything wrong.

That's what I'm saying mate, it's just a waste of everyones time and money because if a real litter bug wants to get off it they can quite easily. Meanwhile the innocent have to screw around with the bureaucratic processes of getting it undone.

No difference to an import mate :D you have got to be able to afford all those fines and defects, to be able to own one :(

So I guess for those who can't..... Then commonwhores with no rear lights and bold tyres are for you xD

Have only been fined once out of those times...and then it only costs me my time to put all the stock bits on.

Plus any parts i get trade price or lower!

Edited by kizzza

when you get pulled over by a cop, theres usually 2 cops, one is always the nicER one and the other one is always a KUUUNNNTTTT

most of the time i have 0 respect for them unless they show me respect

at the end of the day i bought a skyline to drive it so cops arent gonna stop me, i do the moodifications i want so defect isnt gonna stop me,

cops are normal ppl, they can be ok at times but they mostly recruits the flamin mongrels who have nothing better to do then to harrase ppl

I could sit here and just and be an anonymity, but I'd rather not. From reading all of these, "victimization" accounts, the perception of a "victim" is wrong.

You are not the victims, the victim was the 6 year old, that was mowed down in Morwell.

"Drifting", is what some may call it, utter stupidity is what we call it. I know it was a Commodore, but these are the types of idiots, who get behind these types of cars.

If it means we have to pull over every commodore/import we see, just to catch these louts, so be it.

This us vs them mentality, which seems to exist, through-out the motoring scene today, is a joke. Believe it or not, we are not out to get you, we'd rather be munching on a 'doughnut', than chasing after some tard.

I know some of you may think of us as, 'cops' or 'dogs', but we are merely doing our jobs. For every life lost, we are the ones, who share the blame.

We often get criticized of, "not doing enough", or this years favourite, "too busy, revenue raising".

As far as defects go;

1. Don't drive like an idiot. You will be amazed, how easily you won't stand out.

2. Maintain your car's roadworthiness, as much as possible.

The third and foremost

3. Attitude. Don't be a smart-ass. That's what leads to many, of these so called borderline defects, being handed out in the first place.

Funnily enough, of all such stories posted here not too many mention, their initial attitude and conduct, towards the officer.

From experience, the amount of, "smart-asses', encountered on a daily basis is comical at best, whether due to the sheer frustration of being pulled over, or just the attitude among young people today. But more often than not, there is a general lack of respect shown.

Showing a bit of respect can go a long way towards receiving such defects.

We are not asking you, to treat us like the royal majesty, just to show the same level of respect, shown towards your family/friends.

Be an ass, and many will make it their 'duty', to get you for 'something', just to put you in place.

Having said that, we make mistakes too, sometimes you're going to come across a complete, 'prick'. But you have to remember, we're humans too, we're fuelled by the same emotions, and we have our bad days as well.

Hence sometimes, you may encounter the, 'abuse of power'; it is appalling to see, and yes many of us, do condemn it.

At least in SAU-Vic, i believe we have predominately people that are here for the love of the car without the idiocy.

It is this belief that i still hold as reason for pretty much EVERY OFFICIAL CRUISE we've had - has little issue with Police once they realise what we are doing, its a formal club, we are all behaving etc.

I'm all for club cruises, they are a great way to show the public, the difference between, "idiots" and the "enthusiasts". After all, the public are the ones, who judge you in the end. They are the ones who "dob" you in, after each offence.

However they are misleading to an extent, it's easy to behave for a few hours at a club cruise, in the confinement of a large disapproving group.

The problem lies within, when each of these "enthusiasts", is on their own, and commits offences, whilst under the reputation of the SAU sticker on the window.

Edited by 80Kph

I could sit here and just and be an anonymity, but I'd rather not. From reading all of these, "victimization" accounts, the perception of a "victim" is wrong.

You are not the victims, the victim was the 6 year old, that was mowed down in Morwell.

"Drifting", is what some may call it, utter stupidity is what we call it. I know it was a Commodore, but these are the types of idiots, who get behind these types of cars.

If it means we have to pull over every commodore/import we see, just to catch these louts, so be it.

This us vs them mentality, which seems to exist, through-out the motoring scene today, is a joke. Believe it or not, we are not out to get you, we'd rather be munching on a 'doughnut', than chasing after some tard.

I know some of you may think of us as, 'cops' or 'dogs', but we are merely doing our jobs. For every life lost, we are the ones, who share the blame.

We often get criticized of, "not doing enough", or this years favourite, "too busy, revenue raising".

As far as defects go;

1. Don't drive like an idiot. You will be amazed, how easily you won't stand out.

2. Maintain your car's roadworthiness, as much as possible.

The third and foremost

3. Attitude. Don't be a smart-ass. That's what leads to many, of these so called borderline defects, being handed out in the first place.

Funnily enough, of all such stories posted here not too many mention, their initial attitude and conduct, towards the officer.

From experience, the amount of, "smart-asses', encountered on a daily basis is comical at best, whether due to the sheer frustration of being pulled over, or just the attitude among young people today. But more often than not, there is a general lack of respect shown.

Showing a bit of respect can go a long way towards receiving such defects.

We are not asking you, to treat us like the royal majesty, just to show the same level of respect, shown towards your family/friends.

Be an ass, and many will make it their 'duty', to get you for 'something', just to put you in place.

Having said that, we make mistakes too, sometimes you're going to come across a complete, 'prick'. But you have to remember, we're humans too, we're fuelled by the same emotions, and we have our bad days as well.

Hence sometimes, you may encounter the, 'abuse of power'; it is appalling to see, and yes many of us, do condemn it.

I'm all for club cruises, they are a great way to show the public, the difference between, "idiots" and the "enthusiasts". After all, the public are the ones, who judge you in the end. They are the ones who "dob" you in, after each offence.

However they are misleading to an extent, it's easy to behave for a few hours at a club cruise, in the confinement of a large disapproving group.

The problem lies within, when each of these "enthusiasts", is on their own, and commits offences, whilst under the reputation of the SAU sticker on the window.

Couldn't agree more. Unfortunately there are too many stupid drivers that give our cars a bad name.

The two times i have been pulled over, i showed respect had a chat with the officer and was dealt with in an exceptional manner.

Bottom line - Legal car, don't be stupid on the road, show respect and you will be fine.

Thank you 80kph for explaining your thought process

Oh now come on, even I don’t think that is a fair comment and I’m well known for making incorrect one’s around here!

You slurry everyone with the same brush is not really appropriate.

As far as defects go;

Whilst I’d like to believe the words above… my own experiences of being obviously chased by TMU’s going in opposite directions only to jam on the breaks and smash a u-bolt would otherwise disagree with that statement.

Driving along, minding ones own business I can assure you. I’m not complaining, its part and parcel of owning an import, I just strongly disagree to any statement that says import owners are not targeted. This is what brings out the “us vs them” mentality unfortunately.

You chase people down, you are in their minds, declaring war on them (in as few words as possible)

Are you TMU?

but we are merely doing our jobs. For every life lost, we are the ones, who share the blame.

Agreed.

Well, given its taken 18months to crack down on something as critical as violence - yet all the while - income from fine’s will hit an all time high in the 2009 financials :(

So in some ways, people are quite right to make statements such as this.

I know and appreciate the fact you cannot control where the higher powers allocate members and at the end of the day cop the brunt of criticism for that which you cannot control… but tell me honestly if you step back and look at the rising crime rates in all major area’s – should police/revenue still be going up?

Answer simply is no.

The third and foremost

Agreed again without a doubt. But also think for a second – I remember one time I flared up quite savagely.

Reason being I’d been pulled over and “RBT’d” & then ‘checked’ for legalities 5 times in 6 days simply because I work nights in the CBD so I’m driving through it 2-3am without much traffic around.

That to me is excessive and a waste of over an hour (15mins ea). Officers have little way of knowing this – however one must be mindful of such situations.

Also refer to the above comment about perception/revenue etc. You will find that also plays a rather influencing factor and reasoning behind the declining respect for Police.

I will freely say I have greatly reduced respect for Police these days compared to years ago.

If things stay the same, then people's sentiments will only become worse, and lets face it - it's not going to change.

More opressive laws will be made and passed, harder crackdowns will occur - it's heading for a violent volcano explosion eventually - it is in my view inevitable.

I didn’t take any ‘prizes’ home after my flare up, I think the officer understood after I’d explained I was rather… tired… of being pulled over after a 12hr shift on my way home!

Couldn't agree more. Unfortunately there are too many stupid drivers that give our cars a bad name.

The two times i have been pulled over, i showed respect had a chat with the officer and was dealt with in an exceptional manner.

Bottom line - Legal car, don't be stupid on the road, show respect and you will be fine.

Thank you 80kph for explaining your thought process

I wish I could agree with you and call that the bottom line and have that be the end of the story. But I don't agree. 80Kph said it well. Cops are humans too...they have their good and bad days also...the same way we do. Unfortunately...when they have bad days...they can take it out on us also as much as we can take our frustrations out on them.

I always respect the officer. I'm never stupid on the road. Yet I got defected one night while stuck on the monash, emergency lane, hazards blinking waiting for a tow truck to pick me up. He was a prick from start to finish. Why? Coz he can. I've had good cops also, don't get me wrong. But pricks are out there whether you like it or not. Despite what 80Kph says or thinks, respecting cops won't always get respect back.

And birds...you mentioned before all those people who have "never had a problem with cops before" -- I agree with you...I'm sure it's only just a matter of time...