SAU Community

The Cops Are Ramping It Up - Leave The Skyline At Home!

Spunky Munky

spunky i cant undetstand how the proceeded to fine you if you have a RWC i'd be ringing the police/vicroads and saying what the faark!? i dont know who you appeal the fine to but yeh that cant be right.. provided the car has not changed since the RWC was issued.

someone please correct me if im wrong.

thank god i have 2 cars my skyline barely moves now... partly cos its quite a process to get out of the driveway haha..

i believe ash mentioned somewhere in this thread that cops can wave or void a defect when they pull u over. they will just say that you changed the parts or whatever. any reason for u to bend over and take it up the tail pipe

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we could also say what was the kid doing on the road? cops should have told the parents to watch him better. sideways or not, the car had more right to be on the road than a kid. cant lay 100% of the blame on the driver in this case if u look at it from both points of view regardless if the driver is a f**kstick for driving like an idiot anyway

Yeah whilst I agree with your sentiment that pedestrians themselves should carry some responsibility, in the eyes of the law it's 100% onus on the driver. You're supposed to be watching the road and in contol of the vehicle...to do otherwise and kill someone in the process is culpable driving. And it's very hard to prove you're not at fault. I was sitting in on a court case some time ago where a drunk fellow had stepped out onto the road (basically jaywalking) and he got collected by a car. Driver was up on culpable driving charges which means about 3-5 years (or is it 5-7?) prison if convicted of the charges. Didn't stay til the end of it so I wasn't certain if he got off or if the magistrate took into account the victim was intoxicated at the time.

if you cant hack the defects then get another car, be realistic no1 gives a toss about how skylines owners may be victimised..we have all said it before its part of the import joy..right or wrong and writing an essay on it wont chnage a thing, although you can keep typing if you want...LOL

How many spanners do I see in Skylines doing stupid stuff? most of the time, its no suprise the cops will come and single us out..how many cars have illegal mods on them...most of them (including mine mind you) but if and when I get pulled over I will cop it like a man and just deal with it, regardless of if they chased me, were bored, thought I might be asian or looked like some other guy or the lady cop thought I was cute and wanted my number...btw that really happened recently but not in my skyline!

Congratulations on the female cop attention but it certainly sounds like you've never had your night spoiled by an unnecessary or undeserving fine issued to you. Easy to say cop (pun) it on the chin until it happens mate. Then when it happens again and again, apparently it gets even easier to say it without putting it into practice.

I call a reasonable degree of BS of the claims posted.

For around $700 or so, you can get two high definition video cameras to continously record hours of footage onto SSD. Small price to pay if you're getting stung $300 or so per day/week/month. If what you say is true about your innocence and can prove it beyond reasonable doubt, it wouldn't just be a select few perceived internet hoons backing you but it would find its way into mainstream media.

All of us are selective of which truths to share.

You know it's probably not the entire story and it's no doubt exaggerated or selectively memorised in favour of the victim...afterall, these people aren't the police who pulled them over. That doesn't mean there's no truth to it...and when you've seen the kind of bullshit some members of the police force can pull on you, that's when you start to pay closer attention to these whinge stories. As for the cameras, come off it...why should we have to go to those lengths just to protect the integrity of police officers? Can I have $700? Doubt those cameras can record much of what goes on outside the car or in the engine bay anyway.

Ok well, two of my friends who drive Skylines - one R34GTR and one R32 GTS-T have also been defected recently. One of having dark tint on his windows and the other for having a POD Filter. He tried to explain to the cops that front mounted intercoolers come stock on R34 GTR's but still copped a defect. So anyway...that's that.

In a residential area, expect a kid to run out... Driving 101. Or child minding 101 really.

Seriously if by the end of primary school a kid still don't understand the fact that its is NOT a good idea to jump randomly onto a road where there is a possibility of cars approaching then we should just let natural selection do its job.

I know a family friend's stupid kid (who's already in high school) ran onto the road without looking, got hit by a approaching van & broke his leg but because the van wasn't breaking any laws (was just traveling normally down the road at 50km/h), the driver didn't have to pay any compensation, which I believe is the right outcome.

This whole idea of always blaming the driver due to some stupid kid jumping out infront, even if the driver was not doing anything illegal is really starting to look like the Chinese traffic laws, where in China there is a law about unconditional compensation for the pedestrian from the driver. Where even if pedestrian were 100% in the wrong the driver still have to pay a set amount of compensation to the pedestrian.

EDIT: You guys seem to have it tough in the eastern states, so far I haven't seen much Cop activity around my area at all.

Edited by Mayuri Krab

This whole idea of always blaming the driver due to some stupid kid jumping out infront, even if the driver was not doing anything illegal is really starting to look like the Chinese traffic laws, where in China there is a law about unconditional compensation for the pedestrian from the driver. Where even if pedestrian were 100% in the wrong the driver still have to pay a set amount of compensation to the pedestrian.

Yes, that is true. There are even organised groups on the streets who deliberately put themselves in the way of cars to get compensation. When you earn $1 a day and you get hit by one of the many many cashed up businessmen driving their Mercs/Audis/BMWs, it's pocket money to them to pay you $600 hush money. Bang! 2 years salary in 10 minutes with only a light bruise on the leg to show for it. China is trying to change the laws to make it more fair cuz of this very reason.

i will agree with 80kph that attitude DOES go a long way...

i have been pulled over a few times since driving modified cars (probably around 20) and i have only ever had positive experiences with the officers.

i received a defect on one occasion, and the officer had said that i was taking off too fast, and my car was heavily modified. (fair enough) i have since changed my behaviour somewhat and been

when i am pulled over i usually get out of the car and act friendly towards the officer, as he/she is only doing his job, and until he is a prick to me i have no reason to treat him with any less respect than i would a friend.

i find that in most instances they are happy to find a responsible 30yo driving a well maintained import, when they were expecting a hoon p plater in a shitbox, and let go on my way.

by the same token, i try to avoid being pulled over... i.e. dont do knox @ night etc...

but my point is, dont let your past experiences dictate future ones. the police will treat you differently according to how you treat them... its human nature

i have been pulled over a few times since driving modified cars (probably around 20) and i have only ever had positive experiences with the officers.

i received a defect on one occasion, and the officer had said that i was taking off too fast, and my car was heavily modified. (fair enough) i have since changed my behaviour somewhat and been

when i am pulled over i usually get out of the car and act friendly towards the officer, as he/she is only doing his job, and until he is a prick to me i have no reason to treat him with any less respect than i would a friend.

i find that in most instances they are happy to find a responsible 30yo driving a well maintained import, when they were expecting a hoon p plater in a shitbox, and let go on my way.

by the same token, i try to avoid being pulled over... i.e. dont do knox @ night etc...

but my point is, dont let your past experiences dictate future ones. the police will treat you differently according to how you treat them... its human nature

your smiling face and friendly attitude got 8 other skylines off the hook on the Mt Buller cruise. :D

Mate, what you said is valid...however, even if you're the nicest guy on earth - some cops are just plain Richard Craniums. If they want to dick you, they will regardless of your attitude. Besides, why would someone not be nice to the cops? You're basically under their mercy so it would be in one's interest to be relatively pleasant.

reading some of the attitudes in this thread i'm not at all surprised that people get dicked regularly...

if you are polite, friendly well mannered and you and your car are well presented, then you have a chance of getting off....

if you are a prick, rude or abusive then you will get dicked

i know which side of this fence i sit on :)

and yes, some cops are pricks, or in a bad mood.... its just human nature i'm affraid :D

reading some of the attitudes in this thread i'm not at all surprised that people get dicked regularly...

if you are polite, friendly well mannered and you and your car are well presented, then you have a chance of getting off....

if you are a prick, rude or abusive then you will get dicked

i know which side of this fence i sit on :)

and yes, some cops are pricks, or in a bad mood.... its just human nature i'm affraid :D

i know i am on the nice well mannered side of the fence also as only an idiot would take on a police officer - unfortunatley i must always catch them on a bad day cos it doesnt do shit to help me!

as you mentioned earlier i think age is a big factor.

i can drive around in my is250 which has bigger wheels, exhaust and have not one trouble i jump in my skyline with basically the same mods but more extreme and cant leave my driveway... and id say my driving habbits are probaly worse in my daily as i know the likelyhood of being stopped is so slim as opposed to my skyline where i wouldnt boot it from traffic lights or over take stupidly etc...

wish i was 30 years old i think it would make a world of difference.

im surprised some of you guys got pwned so hard. while i don't own an import yet, i have been in situations where police have been defecting a few vehicles. at the time, they weren't happy and yet none of the vehicles got done as hard. true, each time they had a lot of cars to check over but some of the stuff like duct tape of wires.

also, i know it doesn't really apply to SAU but a friend who owns a cop s13 needed to get a rwc, the law requires the car to be no more then 2 colours :)

In follow up to my previous comments (like, page 1 or 2??) about cops in rural areas over christmas - i drove out to a property for a 21st party sunday night with a friend of mines boyfriend (was driving a VZ R8) and hes a complete tool of a driver, cant keep it straight around corners or roundabouts - but he had to follow me because he didnt know the way. Not a single cop, and we drove clear across Ballarat. Try that thing in melb and within 2 minutes you've got the red and blues (thank god imo).

In follow up to my previous comments (like, page 1 or 2??) about cops in rural areas over christmas - i drove out to a property for a 21st party sunday night with a friend of mines boyfriend (was driving a VZ R8) and hes a complete tool of a driver, cant keep it straight around corners or roundabouts - but he had to follow me because he didnt know the way. Not a single cop, and we drove clear across Ballarat. Try that thing in melb and within 2 minutes you've got the red and blues (thank god imo).

You are not wrong mate...sure thing. :)