SAU Community

The Cops Are Ramping It Up - Leave The Skyline At Home!

Spunky Munky

+1

You keep saying you got fined blah blah blah.

Scan/photograph all the fines or they didn't happen. Edit out the bits like infringement number, your personal details etc.

So, odds are over 90% you are unable to do so for whatever reason;

- Your mum has the fines

- Your lawyer has the fines

- Your dog ate the fines

- The fines got stolen

- The fines are fictional

Provide some backing for the endless tirade of police abuse you keep posting about.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ash,

Please read my posts again. I got a canary initially - yes, of course I got all the yellow sticker and the list of things to fix - yes. However, the subsequent fines did not involve a canary. You may recall that I wrote, I can't believe they can fine me again for having an unroadworthy vehicle and $292 only days after I got a full RWC and had cleared it with Vicroads.

This is why I am upset. So to recap, canaried - cleared it, then fined again after that without canary.

So to recap, canaried - cleared it, then fined again after that without canary.

How do you get fined without a Notice of Unroadworthy?

Do you not see the issue here or what?

I still think there is something missing from these stories. It does not even make logical sense, even Graeme has said so and he IS of the law.

Still waiting for the evidence BTW - No amount of posting will change that simple fact.

i cant speak for spunky monky but i have had two friends of mine and i have personally seen infringement notices only with a $292 fine both for being too low but neither recieved defects.

one of them got a lecture about whether he is a qualified engineer to be playing with suspension hieghts lols.

it sounds like he got the fine they like handing out not actually a defect my mate got one a couple weeks ago for too low but no defect just infringement notice.. which is stupid cos he doesnt have to show anyone that the car has been raised etc.

can someone clarify does the defect notice need 5 items for a major? someone told me this and i find it hard to believe i got 2 things listed and "inspection incomplete" which vicroads had never heard of inspection incomplete..

:D

i got done for a major just for height. yet my mate had a stage 3 turbo kit on his holden and got a minor. depends on how much of a prick the cop is

I think the stealth look is working...been driving my GTR a bit lately and got stopped twice by cops for random checks and nothing...they even complimented my car...hope the blue boys are taking it easier on us now.

i got done for a major just for height. yet my mate had a stage 3 turbo kit on his holden and got a minor. depends on how much of a prick the cop is

AARRHHH this does my head in.... we don't live in gran turismo... what the f**k is a stage 3 turbo kit?... if i put a stage 3 exhaust system and a stage 4 turbo kit on my GTO twin turbo, is it really the fastest car in the game?

haha stage 3 turbo. lol. its a good scam to get money out of muppets who think that it's the biggest baddest turbo you can fit on your car. oh wait... no that's the secret stage 4 one you get by unlocking the special mission.

on a tangent... driving home from NYE celebrations last night at 4am, I saw no cop cars marked or unmarked, or any booze busses anywhere around city/crown/southbank, princes hwy, springvale rd etc, but plenty of traffic and a couple of obvious drink drivers. Thought they were supposed to be out in full force these holidays? did they not do that Iron Ring thing that night?

there is one thing that gets me more than a stage3 turbo.... and that's when people say "t3 turbo" :P

That drives me nuts, my brother always bangs on about t3 or t4 turbo's. What f**king t3 turbo you moron, oh its a garrett, what kind of garrett. Its like playing 20 questions with an ape.

LOL @ "stage" speak. I thought I was the only one who can't stand this nonsense when spoken objectively as if it's a universal/homogenous language! It originates from cheque book performance companies who define their modifications in stages of bending you over for your money. Somehow made its way into video games and now the Chapel St lappers coin it as a universal measurement of penis length.

I have owned my 34 GTT for around 2 years, regularly drive it, and I don't know what is going on but i don't get any attention from the Police what so ever. My car is pretty much stock save for a turbo back exhaust and air pod.

I live in Doncaster, I go to University in Footscray, work shift work in the city which sees me going into and out of the city at random/peak periods, and I regularly visit my girlfriend who lives in Noble Park. So I would cover a lot of target area's for police targetting imports. As I am a shift worker I am generally driving around at night time, and I have only been pulled over once. Just worked the whole Christmas/NY period, and nothing. The one time I was pulled over was after I had just registered my car and was on my way to the hardware store to get screws to attach my number plates. Once I explained this to the officer (this was on Doncaster Rd) he said no worries, and then booted off to chase down this 33 which turned right onto middleborough.

The only other thing that happened was when I was driving city bound along the Eastern Freeway, I saw a police car coming up beside me, it then squeezed itself in front of me (a car was up my ass) and turned on the sirens and started slowing down and indicating left. So I pulled over behind them, get my licence out n all ready, and the policeman gets out of the drivers seat, looks at me really strangely for about 20 seconds, then himself and his partner go off and start looking up the trees that are on the side of the freeway. I sat there for about 30 seconds wondering wtf was going on, then slowly drove off. A very strange moment.

Apart from that, its only when the booze buses are set up, and have never had any grief from the Police.

Does anyone else find that they tend to sneak under the radar like this also? Or am I just the luckiest skyline driver in Melbourne?

*touches wood*