SAU Community

'lost Birds' R33 Gtr

I love it! It's different and I've never seen it done on a car before this thread. Well done for being individual. I love the pic where she's in her hooded eskimo jacket with gloves on and the space heater keepin her warm, must have been a cold night in Misawa.

Can't wait to see th efinished product, keep it up! Oh and definitely do the wheels :laugh:

Just out of curiosity... How is she intending to do the roof? :nyaanyaa:

*In mind all I can think of is like those lan parties where you duct tape her to the ceiling and then slowly drive the car underneath*

Seriously awesome work though =D

like this you mean?

lan-party-strapped.jpg

also nice work OP :(

haha that pic is so good how long does it take for the tape to let go

If duct tape is wrapped around something like a pole or support beam then it won't let go, provided there are enough strips of it to support the weight...it's only when you tape someone to a wall that it'll let go after some time.

• Nope 1

Wow, omg I love this! It's amazing. Does she go over it once it's done in a clear coat or something, what about prep?

Gonna get the bf to give me one of his spare fenders to give this a try on, looks fun as!

that is pretty cool. don't like the lost birds bit though. the rest of it is good.

i'm assuming it is only done in nikko/permanent marker and not a paint pen?

I asked some Japanese guys if "Rosto Birdseh Racing" sounded like a good race car name and they approved. Haha. Oh well. Rosto Birdseh no GTR wa ichibanda!!!! See that sounds pretty good if you can imagine it coming through the intercom at the racetrack.

Wow, omg I love this! It's amazing. Does she go over it once it's done in a clear coat or something, what about prep?

Gonna get the bf to give me one of his spare fenders to give this a try on, looks fun as!

we parked the car inside so we could worry about finishing it, and the clear will go on afterwards. there were a few parts that were already cleared, but I might give them another go just for fun.

well here's today's update. Finished from the pillar all the way to the tail light above the first body line, and also removed the door so it could be inside with the heat while it's worked on.

Front

DSC_2036-1.jpg

Back

DSC_2035-1.jpg

DSC_2032.jpg

Workshop

DSC_2018.jpg

also got a 100mm aluminium steering extension.

DSC_2028.jpg

Edited by istdercollen

haha, I'll be honest, I was like... what the hell is a rocker cover?? I had to look up the difference in terminology. valve covers.. ahhhh now I get it! I even wrote aluminium for you guys. :-) As far as under the hood, I don't know if I'll really draw the theme in, because it just gets so dirty in there. I'll clean it every so often, but I could only consider detailing the engine bay if I was building a trailer queen or something.