SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

paulr33

my honest advice?

buy a NORMAL NON TURBO AUTO bucket of bozz first car

drive it till the doors fall off and you get off your p's

then you can drive, are allowed to drive normal cars and a bit smarter with looking after cars (i didnt look after my first car)

then you could probably go staright to a GTR 33 by that time and youll have a real car first off

imho dont bother with a nice turbo or engine swapping etc - takes time, $$$ and effort etc

doesnt have to be a bucket of bozz

but forget about all this engine swaps etc

my first car was an auto vl n/a bozz

it was in ok condition ,everything worked, and it drove fine

i never looked after it, never serviced, never did anything

very reliable otherwise, it had more oil in the engine bay when i sold it, then it did in the engine

then i sold it for 2k and got my r33 gtst

kids these days want the best, latest, fastest, bestest car EVER on their P's

and it has to turbocharged, it has to be blah blah

just buy a normal car

you dont have to keep up with the other knobs "cos they do"

UMAD is probably some arab dude's real name. Not the meme.

close, would be emad or imad

Paul- I'm looking at a ca18 s13 tonight. Swap plus cash my way. Probably leave it as a ca.

Do what I did, drive a N/A 33 manual coupe for 3 years, get off Ps sell it and buy a GTR (couldn't get a 34GTR though still 40-50k for the base ones -_-) so got the next best thing a 98 33 R!

I was also SO close to buying a Evo 7, man I love those things but I wanted to own a turbo skyline before I got over them.

But CA's aren't the world's most reliable engine. N/A SR20 is a much better choice.

wut? SR20 engines come with factory busted lifters. CA's are bulletproof in the hands of a tool, esp with no forced induction.

Do it, CA18DE then weight loss the crap out of the car and give it good suspension. Look into changing the cams out of a CA20, $20 mod, makes it rev better. It'll be a great car to learn in.

umad.jpg

Seems like the meme to me. Umad vicpol?

makes me wanna go out and get UJELLY for the 240z and UMIRIN for the golf.