SAU Community

Deca Wrap Up Thread

Birds

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aaaahh DECA... indeed lots of fun.

Is it just me or does it never seem to rain at DECA? from the couple i can remember, everyone always seems to get burnt :ninja: - that skid pan MUST be an absolute riot when it's wet :down::blink:

Thanks to Ryan, Chris and Bec.

Also thanks to Micolour for sponsoring this great event.

thanks also to everyone else and the volunteers that helpd out.

aaaahh DECA... indeed lots of fun.

Is it just me or does it never seem to rain at DECA? from the couple i can remember, everyone always seems to get burnt ;) - that skid pan MUST be an absolute riot when it's wet :D:)

I remember one year we had a HUGE storm. It was wild.

LOL skidpan would be f***ed when wet, it's hard enough to grip as is!!!

Lots of fun that's for sure! The all wheel drives would destroy us all with their understeer!!!

Nup. It sucks balls... :)

Weak as!!!! The wet is just as much fun! When I went a number of years ago with the Mazda car club of Aus, they wet parts of the skidpan. Loved it! Made it pretty inconsistent!

This is a vid of mine from that day. Dry to wet to dry etc!

Still wondering about the results and times?

Weak as!!!! The wet is just as much fun! When I went a number of years ago with the Mazda car club of Aus, they wet parts of the skidpan. Loved it! Made it pretty inconsistent!

I've been at every Ozmazda Deca Day and the so called Wet Ring of Death is the most boring part of the day and a waste of time...the last time they had one we included an extra battle course...that was so much better...

So were you picking up all the cones when they got knocked over? It's just a waste of time when it's slippery enough as it is.

I prefer controlled sliding rather than uncontrolled sliding.

I think results will be up in the next day or 2

Each to their own...I personally don't mind a puddle here and there to make things interesting, but it is a pain if you're aiming for good times or a well controlled slide.

That vid was just a lunch time free run- no course layout- not timed. When we actually did the motorkhanas it made it interesting. The courses were quite a bit tighter than the average one on the weekend. I found a lot more finesse was needed to do well with a mixture of water and dry and I easily enjoyed it just as much as the full dry courses. Admitted alot of others struggled. I come form a dirt-rally club background (North Eastern Car club) so the variance in grip didn't phase me much. Can understand the cones- time wasting. We didn't have big numbers and most people were pretty good at fixing things up as quick as possible.

I'm not sure about the Ozmazda days. Whether or not they are combined with the MCCA or not I wouldn't know. That was the first MCCA day at Deca as far as I'm aware. They had a new club president and secretary and a number of new members trying to get the MCCA back up to the numbers and events it once was. The wet ring of death isn't a term I have heard before so maybe different groups entirely???

Thanks for the info regarding the times and results. Really loooking forward to seeing them!

With street tyres, stock engine and AWD I was having troubles with traction at times on the skidpan. Water would have made the understeer even worse.

what a weekend, ive only been home for a hour and unpacked.....and i must say it was a awesome long weekend even tho i was crippled. i don't think i'll be driving home ever again on a sunday after a big weekend.

Leigh i hope you do more drinking before you come out with us next time. LOL 2 of the guys threw up this morning :ermm:

And as a volunteer i'm glad to say iv'e done some time and enjoyed it, altho i was unable to participate in the afternoon and hearing a driver Failed to stop i'm glad i wasn't on the pan in a wheelchair then.

can't wait till next deca. catch

LOL who threw up?

Haha what you mean i thought breatho .2something was not bad.. next time aim for .3 eh?

Did you have fun "counting the tattoos" hahaha

If i have counted correctly this Deca was the 20th SauVic Deca so far. Hard to believe..

Anyway, big thank you to all our volunteers and helpers:

Bec, David, Marcus, Anna, Beth, David, Robert, Crossy, Rob, Dave, Russell, Davidson, Al, Martin, Kieran, Tony, Luke and Timmeh. I hope i have named everyone.. These guys are the ones who took down your times, picked up your cones and helped set up and pack up each event as quickly as we could to maximise track time. If we did not have these people volunteer their time deca would not go ahead.

Also thanks to Mick from Micolour for sponsoring the event, letting me drive the gtr and for flat spotting tyres in the 180 :ermm:

Here is some in-car for anyone who is interested. this is just in the 180 so far, but there will be more of the GTR and Tims.

- it shakes the camera...

Lastly, could these people please send me bank details:

Juliette Remfrey

Dillon Loos

Ashneel Prusad

Elizabeth Corr

All your runs are so smooth!

It doesn't even seem like your pushing the car all that hard, but you still manage awesome times.

Wish I got some in car vids of my runs, its just me launching hard, trying not to spin out on the basketball court and bouncing off the limiter. Maybe I should take deep breath and take things more easily.

All your runs are so smooth!

It doesn't even seem like your pushing the car all that hard, but you still manage awesome times.

Wish I got some in car vids of my runs, its just me launching hard, trying not to spin out on the basketball court and bouncing off the limiter. Maybe I should take deep breath and take things more easily.

You gotta remember...for Deca...clean and straight = fast...sideways = fun but slow...