SAU Community

What's The Best Car You've Ever Driven?

DRD-00F

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol all these good rides.

mine would have to be my mates R32 GT-R, with 320kw ATW. Comming from a worked Falcon (lol i know), the first time a drove it i was speachless. Pulled out of a corner hit 2nd gear at about 30km/h then put foot flat, my god this thing opened up, the arse end stepped out untill 4WD kicked in and in no time at all i was doing 180km/h, in a 50km/h mind you (quickly hit the breaks don't you worry lol). Just the pace that this thing had was awsome, Dial 8000 and drop it and it went.

Can't wait to build my own

Cam

I don't like many euro cars(not enough bang for my buck), BUT, any 911 is where its at in euro land, never driven one though.

If you put a BB Chev & auto into a Jag I would like that alot.

1: Ferrari F430

2: Ferrari 360

3: Lambo Murcielago

4: R35

5: Maserati Granturismo

6: CL63 AMG

7: Maserati 3200

8: Merc CLS350

9: R33

Porsches are great (except for the boxters) but they don't feel special, and only the turbo ones have any decent guts, but there set up for race and feel like dogs balls to drive on sydney roads, track would probably be more suited for them.

post-53255-1272369429_thumb.jpg

1965 Chevrolet Impala Four Door Sedan

Also do want this

best car ive ever owned for wow factor was a 66 chev belair it sat 1in off the ground (for a month that is till a ripped the sump out) low and slow all the way...

the most exciting was my uc torana it had 300+hp out of a 202ci 6cyl lifted the left front tyre a couple inches off the ground on launch always brought a smile to my face....

Subjectively, nothing can beat the experience of one's very first car... SIGH...

http://www.pedalcar.com.au/ ...or something like that.

Used to go down a ramp then turn 90 degress onto a flat strip. Half the time it'd tip over and get about 6-10 gravel rashes a day lol

Car was indestructible :)

Where's Steve? I would have though that he would be all over this thread like a fat kid on cake :)

I have also driven Dave's R32 V-Spec 2 NUR... awesome drive.

Mate's modded "Bad Boyz" style Porsche 930 Turbo...rough and fast, and stopped very well.

I've been in an F40..but wasn't allowed to drive...

cars ive owned

hq monaro 350

sss pulsar

s2 rx7

s6 rx7

sl500 merc (f-ing pos)

eg civic (r motor)

current 32 gtr

but nothing compared to the rx3:

207896093_103dcf0e0d_o.jpg

Only the one i drove was in street trim (still 9sec) and it was pink with the number plates 'PIGB8'. After driving that I couldn't stop my hands from shaking and my knees from wobbling.

My godfather used to have a 575 maranello. He let me drive it a few years ago down to pizza hut to pickup some pizza. I was a pussy and was too petrified to boot it. Beautiful car though - I'll see if I've got any pics.

So that is Daves R34... have not seen him since I got back from Melbourne!

I'm not sure what the best car I've driven is, for so many different reasons they're good in their own right...

Ferrari 360 / 911 turbo / SL55 (or CL55 - loved that) for obvious reasons

Aston DB9 & Bentley Arnage for the ridiculous 'bling' barg factor

I just keep coming back to my own GTRs though... R34 by far the better of the ones I've owned (in terms of all round package) but the R32 was an ball tearer back then and now the R33 is purely ridiculous :D

Would have to be my mates E55 Mirc. 4 doors, baby seat in the back, standard everything inc Supercharged V8 AMG, trip-tronic with the paddles behind steering wheel. Just sitting in the drivers seat this car asks you which bluetooth phone i wanted to use.

This car moved across lanes well, was smooth, heaps of power. I actually had to back off at 265 because it was too much, the car would have just kept on going. Just sitting on 260kms/h and handled like we were doing 80kms/h.

Just goes to show money is everything. LOL

Nah, he probably still hasn't changed the injectors :)

Also, 'quite modified'... for a Nur... most people (besides the white one in Melbourne) tend to keep them standard.

Actually DOOFY.. he hasn't got any real performance mods on the car..

Seems to be pretty much standard except for the exh system and the wheels..

I just keep coming back to my own GTRs though... R34 by far the better of the ones I've owned (in terms of all round package) but the R32 was an ball tearer back then and now the R33 is purely ridiculous :)

umm....R33?

email me nowk thnx

From a fun perspective, gotta say for me its a formula ford. Couldn't stop grinning for about 3 weeks.

Interesting - Moddified Twin turbo Porsche cayanne - this thing was insane, tuned, exhaust etc etc.

Press a button, the suspension squats hit the loud pedal and hold on to your nuts. Felt so wrong in a car so big :)

I'd just like to say on behalf of all those who are reading this and not replying - yes, we are jealous... no, we cannot compete with Astin Martins, Ferraris and Lambos :)

...Hell, i've never even been in a GTR...

... for my lowly input - i have to say my R33 GTS-T... it's the only car I've ever taken to the track, which has to be one of if not the most enjoyable experience possible in a car.

I used to have a DC-5 Integra type R, which was heaps of fun to drive, that would have been a gem at the track i reckon...

well its titled "best car YOU have driven" but for all we know there are people on here that are including cars they have "driven" via playstation or Xbox

Actually DOOFY.. he hasn't got any real performance mods on the car..

Seems to be pretty much standard except for the exh system and the wheels..

...and the PowerFC

and the nismo rad

and the nismo thermostat

and the air intake

great thing about a nur is that you don't need many mods to make 300awkw's