SAU Community

Sau Vs Wrx Club Drag Day @ Heathcote - Sat 3 July

Bec

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really expected a lot more cars to come & run (especially more Rexs).

I thought we'd get there late.....but.

We just got there 5 mins before they opened up.

That white R33 sure was nutz. I think he had the quickest time (while we were there).

Also that white 300z was sure blowing alot of smoke & sparks out his pipes.

And the white rex was showing alot of promise but probably didn't deliver wot I expected from it.

Here's some pixs.

post-67423-1278163469_thumb.jpg

post-67423-1278163506_thumb.jpg

post-67423-1278163534_thumb.jpg

Next time I will bring my R33 & try and get my friend to bring his Rex.

interesting day... traction was just a complete fail.... only managed a 12.91 @119.1 due to 6/8 coilovers and second gear just completely frying every singe run! :)

not really sure what he attraction is with drag racing, but meh.... though i'd give it a try lol

wouldn't mind going back with the car actually set up for it one day and trying to dip into the 11's... just for the hell of it...

I think the ratio there was close to 50 / 50.

But on the track it seemed like that was more skylines there.

Most off the Rexs where in the parking bays.

I really expected a lot more cars to come & run (especially more Rexs).

I thought we'd get there late.....but.

We just got there 5 mins before they opened up.

That white R33 sure was nutz. I think he had the quickest time (while we were there).

Also that white 300z was sure blowing alot of smoke & sparks out his pipes.

And the white rex was showing alot of promise but probably didn't deliver wot I expected from it.

Here's some pixs.

post-67423-1278163469_thumb.jpg

post-67423-1278163506_thumb.jpg

post-67423-1278163534_thumb.jpg

Next time I will bring my R33 & try and get my friend to bring his Rex.

The white rex is still running in the motor I believe. He should get to 10s soon enough...

Not bad for a DIY setup!

What a great day! We were the last to leave due to loading up etc, but from what we heard people saying they were happy with the amount of runs they were getting and that the weather held out.

For those who left early, you missed an AWESOME head to head battle between the white rexy and Luke's white NUTR33 skyline, Luke said he could see him out of the corner of his eye preety much the whole way down the strip! The rexy won by 0.2 of a second or something ridiculous like that! Then they raced again, and the rexy broke something (He thought possibly in the diff) and ended up doing a 19 second pass, but it was good to catch up with him at the end of the day and see he was still smiling, even with broken bits! I think someone said they filmed it so hopefully it will be up here soon.

We learnt an important lesson about tyres, they are everything at the drags!

Thanks to organisers and those who helped on the day :bunny: Im in the process of uploading a few vids and pics so when I get the chance Ill post the links here.

Cheers,

Anna

Hey guys

Glad that everyone enjoyed the day after the mornings problems.

Even though it was a late start it was still better to get everyone out there late than not at all... :bunny:

Any ways here a few of my pics

There's a heap more here too http://picasaweb.google.com/mathew.cross/S...feat=directlink

Dragday%20011.jpg

Dragday%20389.jpg

Dragday%20040.jpg

Wonder who appeared out of this smoke cloud?

Dragday%20394.jpg

Maybe it was the Drag Day Mafia

Dragday%20076.jpg

Cheers

Crossy

haha great day! Was quite a small turnout, but meant plenty of runs!

I managed to get a total of 18 runs in. That would easily be 4 Calder Friday Nights!

Could have got more but started to feel sorry for the car haha

Was either badly axle tramping it or bogging it through 1st/2nd gear. Need moar practice

Thanks sauvic/wrx club for organising the day.

Thanks for all the comments guys.

I had a great day hopeing to brake into the 11s and i ran a [email protected] straight off the trailer without a great launch.

With a bit more heat into the tyres and a few more revs off the line i pulled a 1.61 60ft to run a personal best of 11.24 @123.93mph.

The M/T ET Drag tyres were awesome as i bolted up my street tyres and ran a 13.37sec later in the day.

The highlight of the whole day though was the run with the rex late in the day. He managed to take a holeshot win with his 11.45 compared to my 11.41.

Hopefully there will be some good vids come out of the day soon.

Cheers

NutR33

fixed

haha great day! Was quite a small turnout, but meant plenty of runs!

I managed to get a total of 18 runs in. That would easily be 4 Calder Friday Nights!

Could have got more but started to feel sorry for the car haha

Was either badly axle tramping it or bogging it through 1st/2nd gear. Need 3.0L torque and bigger balls.

Thanks sauvic/wrx club for organising the day.