SAU Community

Sau Vs Wrx Club Drag Day @ Heathcote - Sat 3 July

Bec

On another note, I still have 4kg of Cadbury Picnic's left! Poor job at cleaning them all out sau/wrx people!

i told you to bring cherry ripes last time

i ate one picnic and felt sick afterwoods :bunny:

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you get a good look at the rear of my car? :D

haha just need to gain control of the traction issue through 2nd gear, something im sure your N/A doesnt have problems with :)

i think the word REJECTS on the box turned people off Pat! haha

haha they were rejects only due to being underweight. No one wants to buy an underweight bar (and no one should be sold one either)

did you get a good look at the rear of my car? :)

haha practice makes perfect, was my first time unlike you!

could ask you the same thing :)

haha yes it looked pretty good, but this is just a ongoing me vs pat/ zed vs r32/ vg30 vs rb20/ 3L NA vs 2L turbo thing we have going on here.

if you are going back after you get your new turbo you should get mickey t's, get the zed stockies off chris.

haha practice makes perfect, was my first time unlike you!

yeah but i need to rub it in now while my time is still better than yours. then when you beat my time i will pretend not to care about drags. where can i find details for august sandown?

Thanks for a great day guys, prolly the best day I've ever had at the drags, think I had 26 runs and would've keep racing cept my diff decided to let go when I was racing a certain white skyline :) What a weapon that thing is, so impressed, I actually thought it was a GTR cos it was hooking up so dam good.

I had some incar footage of two runs during the day:

:whistling: i had to work

I've been running e85 for over a year now. Car make 40rwkw more through the whole rev range.

Plugs last just as long as with pulp and I never run a cat.

The bad stuff you hear about ethanol is mostly just fuel company properganda

of course I tune for it... If you didn't how would you gain any performance? :D

im a mechanic it aint story's and propoganda. i know for a fact that running ethanol, swells and f**ks up fuel lines (often internally), increase's your combustion temp's, and makes my life hell when people buy it and put it in there swift's, corrolla's, n commodores etc in the hope for more fuel economy.

but yeh if you have the right heat rated plug they won't burnout, if you have the right tune they should get the same or better fuel economy, but im positive if you had a ceramic cat in any circumstance it would melt, a metal cat hmm well i don't know i'd have to try.

the problem is every day people hopeing for something out of there daily's, i'm happy you found something that works well, the 110ron specs would be a great incentive to give it a go. but i'll stick with non ethanol based fuel's thanks, because that's my opinion.

im a mechanic it aint story's and propoganda. i know for a fact that running ethanol, swells and f**ks up fuel lines (often internally), increase's your combustion temp's, and makes my life hell when people buy it and put it in there swift's, corrolla's, n commodores etc in the hope for more fuel economy.

but yeh if you have the right heat rated plug they won't burnout, if you have the right tune they should get the same or better fuel economy, but im positive if you had a ceramic cat in any circumstance it would melt, a metal cat hmm well i don't know i'd have to try.

the problem is every day people hopeing for something out of there daily's, i'm happy you found something that works well, the 110ron specs would be a great incentive to give it a go. but i'll stick with non ethanol based fuel's thanks, because that's my opinion.

I am also a mechanic, and most of that is plain wrong, older cars can, and will have fuel line problems if not changed, also, when first switching over, it is recommended to change fuel filter a couple of times because some crap will be dissolved /dislodged. you are not looking for economy with E85, you use about 30% more (but because it is subsidised cheaper, running costs are about the same on standard cars tuned for it), combustion temps are decreased, and it is perfectly safe for cats. commodores sold after this month are E85 ready, and over 100 Caltex servos will be selling E85 by the end of the year. I am rebuilding my motor at the end of the year, and it will built and tuned for E85, looking for 270RWKW out of a streetable NA 3 litre, can't do that on 98...

Well peoples results over here on the forum speak for themselves as long as they have a good tune for it they are getting good results and besides the issue of cold starts it is running fine. I know ill be going over to e85 once it hits more servos.

there are different types of fuel lines, some are ethanol/methanol compatible, some aren't.... throwing it in a bog stocker wont do you any favours of course... but in the correct environment it is awesome

don't knock it till you try it :D

i get 285rwkw on pulp and 325rwkw on e85.

but more importantly, @ 4000 in 4th i'm making 185rwkw on pulp and on e85 i'm nudging over 220...

Hamish / Andrew, what times did you all get?

Hey Jamie, I managed a 12.8 @ 110mph which was pretty good considering I couldn't godzilla launch, due to my clutch.

Piccies Woo Woo

post-66226-1278332433_thumb.jpg

post-66226-1278332441_thumb.jpg

post-66226-1278332452_thumb.jpg

Hey Jamie, I managed a 12.8 @ 110mph which was pretty good considering I couldn't godzilla launch, due to my clutch.

Piccies Woo Woo

post-66226-1278332433_thumb.jpg

post-66226-1278332441_thumb.jpg

post-66226-1278332452_thumb.jpg

Well done Andrew!

1 second off a R35 GTR :ninja:

Get larger Down and Front pipes and high flow cat (If not got already) upgrade clutch and you'd be running even faster.