SAU Community

Sau Vs Wrx Club Drag Day @ Heathcote - Sat 3 July

Bec

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GTR should be ready by then, I would be scared to launch it dont want to break anything :P how many revs do I give it haha

edit: Hamish I can strongly recommend you to change your gear knob by then, i can see that big mofo breaking off! haha

GTR should be ready by then, I would be scared to launch it dont want to break anything :P how many revs do I give it haha

answer = all of them;)

wish I wasn't going to be OS for this, been meaning to hit the 1/4 for a run

I'm keen for this too...will be a good to set a base time for the car...

It will be good to finally meet you Gerald!

If the gts4 gearbox is rebuilt in time (which it should be, its at the rebuilders now) i'll be there.

It will be good to finally meet you Gerald!

If the gts4 gearbox is rebuilt in time (which it should be, its at the rebuilders now) i'll be there.

Likewise mate...

I have left the rb20 camp though...gone 2J now... :thumbsup:

I do miss the old 32 a lot...

I can definitely make this! Is there a wooden spoon award?

Are passengers allowed? I've never been in any seriously quick cars, fastest was the Elfin at the last DECA, and prior to that it would be a stock Evo 7 then my Supra. Would be cool to feel what a truly fast car feels like. Of course I wouldn't jump in if someone were going for the personal best, but if they were just practicing launching or whatnot I'd appreciate the ride.

GTR should be ready by then, I would be scared to launch it dont want to break anything :) how many revs do I give it haha

She'll be right mate, just make sure theres plenty of oil in it, then its 8,500rpm and drop the clutch!

I can definitely make this! Is there a wooden spoon award?

Are passengers allowed? I've never been in any seriously quick cars, fastest was the Elfin at the last DECA, and prior to that it would be a stock Evo 7 then my Supra. Would be cool to feel what a truly fast car feels like. Of course I wouldn't jump in if someone were going for the personal best, but if they were just practicing launching or whatnot I'd appreciate the ride.

me too. Would love to finally feel that fabled gtr launch

I'll come down and give it a go for show of numbers. I'd like to give my supra a go but it's not working at the moment so I'll just have to see what I can get out of the Sprinter lol.

Last place anyone? lol

Can someone attend if they (were once a president of the WRX club, and) have been banned from the WRX club for referring the current line of Subaru cars to looking like a rubbish skip full of smashed crabs. Oh and calling the current president a Muppet. :P

Oh and I'll probably be driving a Hiace Diseasel :P

LOL - Age, you my friend are always welcome :)

RE Passengers: They are permitted providing you wear helmet, appropriate clothing, etc.

But..... if a car has a passenger, the rule is only one car down the strip at a time.

Priority for the day will be for drivers to get as many runs as possible. We will definately be able to squeeze in some runs for passengers but it will not be all day.

Hope this helps :cool:

Costs have gone up - It's a dedicated day just for us.

Thats the only reason i can think of... either way that's the price they have told us.

RE: License - You need one to race far as i understand as it's insurance related (for them), same as Calder which i know you 100% need a valid license to race.

I'll be there... Not sure which car i'll be racing though... RB26 equipped either way :)

Is it one you can buy on the day?

And when did Calder start requiring a license? Last time I went to the drags was about 8 years ago and I didn't need one.