SAU Community

Sau Vs Wrx Club Drag Day @ Heathcote - Sat 3 July

Bec

Costs have gone up - It's a dedicated day just for us.

Thats the only reason i can think of... either way that's the price they have told us.

RE: License - You need one to race far as i understand as it's insurance related (for them), same as Calder which i know you 100% need a valid license to race.

I'll be there... Not sure which car i'll be racing though... RB26 equipped either way :)

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm most probably in, i should be able to extend my annual leave for exams an extra week to cover this.

phwooooooooohh about bloody time :)

I guess July is my deadline to get my water/methanol injection running ;)

so this is round 4 or 5 of the zed vs gtst battles?

SOOOO in!!

Got some slicks, i too am going to whack in some stocky springs, make a few changes and shoot for a 10!

Shotgun the trailer Russell!

Now just to source some spare driveshafts...

Bec, any idea exactly how many runs we should get?

Matt - Depends on how many people come.

Either way you should easily be able to get in 8 runs i would say if you are keen.

I remember Paul managed to get 20 or so runs last big drag day.

All depends on the "factors", weather... how many runs others want (or don't want), oil/water/breakdowns on track... etc.

But overall more than a night @ Calder :ermm:

do you need cams, aasa etc or any sort of license apart from a financial member? and also i think i might have lost my license there, if i get my car driven there i can still drive it on the drag strip correct?

thanks

I checked with Heathcote management for you and they have advised you do not need a valid license. (Note - I am getting a 2nd opinion, coz it doesnt sound right to me)

RE: Cost - I have booked it as a private day for Skylines Australia Victoria and we have invited the WRX Club to come as well. I assume they are charging us more as we will have the facility to ourselves.

RE: Laps - No idea Mat, PaulR33 and BassJunky have been able to fit in 20+ runs on previous occassions. Will depend on weather, number of competitors, incidents, etc, etc. Id say you will get more laps than you'd get if you went to Calder though.

Please note, after 4 years without a price increase and with the cost of running events rising significantly, as of Sunday May 16th 2010 the new pricing at Heathcote Park Raceway will be as follows

Racing Entrants - $60.00

Spectators $20.00

Children 14 & Under FREE

looks like it's just a blanket price increase.. still better value than calder though

Bec, does 'spectators' include non-members? Assuming i do all the driving to/from/at the track?

Ye non members can come up to spectate and so on without a problem :D

Might be issues if we run a "cruise" up under insurance, we will discuss that and advise closer to the date

Are non-members welcomed to race on the day?

Cheers

Damn... That's ok you can bring all the spares including my tyres in the ute! :D

Haha yeah. Ah well bring either car up on the trailer and whoever breaks something first can use it to tow their car home.

If I get more runs than a Calder night then im happy.

Does it have to be a Skyline? Does it have to be fast?

Pretty sure I won't be embarrassing any WRXs out there, but it'd be fun to see what kind of times I can get.

Any car is welcome to race mate, as long as an SAU Vic member is driving it (at this stage)...SAU Vic is made up of many different makes and models, you Toy-boys are just as important to the club as Skylines :D

here here

last time we did it a lot of people drop out in the afternoon

so you basically get non stop runs with no queue

i lost count of how many runs i had throughout the day but it was oooodles

it got to a point where i would come off a run, come back and i was ready to go on the start line again

good for practice launching, testing traction, playing with boost controllers etc

as theres no pressure and it doesnt matter

the day is a fun event, nothing serious, it doesnt matter how good or bad you are

its all for good fun and practice, so dont worry about being quick or slow etc

most people will focus too hard on trying to be vs trying diffferent things etc

just saw this..

should have car back the weekend b4 this so assuming I don;t break it straight away at sandown very much in for this