SAU Community

I Smashed My Gtr Real Bad.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people including myself have been involved in car accidents. I'm glad no one was hurt but one thing that most of us take away from an accident like this is a lesson, you on the other hand don’t seem to be. If you have had that many accident in high powered cars what does this tell you? DONT DRIVE THEM! Do yourself a favor and go and do a defensive or extreme driving course, let them sort you out before you kill yourself or someone else and next time you go to press the "fast" peddle, before you do think of what MIGHT and HAS happened hey? Remember, you car isn’t a playstation on wheels, save the hero tactics for GT3!

Working your way up is so important. I am 19 and in a month when I finish building my VL Calais with rb20det it should have >220rwkw. People may say that this is too much power for a 19yo. Well my first car was a VL (NA) and my brothers mates taught me to drive (and the correct ways and places if you need to be a little silly). I drove 15hrs a week on my L's. When I got my P's I drove this car and was a pizza hut driver and drover 25+hrs/week. Then came the calais with rb20 and 130rwkw, drove it a lot and with the minispool had A LOT of respect for it and what can happen, one the spool let go and i bent a control arm,

thank GOD noone was around.

When I get the car back again I treat it like learning to drive again, because essentially getting more power / a different car to me is about learning again. You must be one with your car, know its limits and respect it. But far more importantly you must respect the road and everyone else who uses it including bystanders.

I recommend a Suzuki 800 hatchback as your next car, I had one as a shitter and the top speed was 90km/h ... great car but get in an accident and you will be squashed like a tin can.

Sorry for the life story rant but I just do want to let you all know that younger people will (nearly) ALWAYS be doing silly things. Its the maturity that is needed to decide where/when you will "experiment". A race track is PERFECT!

Good luck with the rest of your life Mines_Datsun because in my opinion you need to move on to a different hobby. I recommend lawn bowls.

Evan

I think it's a wake-up call for everyone. You have to overlook the fact it was a GT-R and focus on the fact that it was only doing about 70km/h. That can be done in just about any car, regardless of whether it's high performance or not. Would the responce have been the same if he was driving a GTS...?

recommend a Suzuki 800 hatchback as your next car, I had one as a shitter and the top speed was 90km/h ... great car but get in an accident and you will be squashed like a tin can.

I recon with a bit of effort he could smash that also. :wassup:

i know what you mean dude ive droven a gtr for 7,000km's :D . not much but allot for most gtr's in not even half a year of ownership.

A "whole" 7,000km, man you must know everything by now about driving one of the world's fastest road cars!

Hmm, here is food for thought:

Would you *trust* a pilot with "a few months flying experience" to fly you and 200 other passengers on a jet plane from Sydney to London?

Would you *trust* a bloke who has "fired off a few rounds" to shoot a tin can off your hand from 20metres?

Would you *trust* a bus driver who had "a few days driving a truck" driving you around at high speed?

Would you trust an oil tanker operator who had driven "a few tinnies" into Sydney Harbour?

Would you *trust* a cop to save your life if held hostage by some crazy gunman?

Would you *trust* a lifesaver who "knew how to swim" from saving you drowning at a beach?

Would you *trust* a skydiver who was taking you for a tandem jump who said "oh, i've had 10 jumps by myself, its ok, i can take you safely from 10,000feet"

What makes you think driving a highly powerful sportscar is any different to any of the above situations? All of them take years of experience to properly master and lessen the odds of something bad happening. Sure you might survive, but the risks are greater than an experienced person in the same situation.

I agree & disagree,

Their are some sensible drives out that (young divers) that love skylines and leave that kind on crazy stuff for the track.

then you get clowns like mines thinkin his god and going around conors sideways and rewning a beautiful car. :)

cameron,

I would rather see them all grouped together and have the power/weight ratio forced upon them then see cars being crashed. This is not the first time I have seen a P-Plater in a GTR write off.

Driving is a privellege, not a right!

I think it's a wake-up call for everyone. You have to overlook the fact it was a GT-R and focus on the fact that it was only doing about 70km/h. That can be done in just about any car, regardless of whether it's high performance or not. Would the responce have been the same if he was driving a GTS...?

it wasn't 70km/h. The impact was at around 70, he said he was redlining 2nd gear which is a lot more than 70km/h

I don't think that restricting the types of cars young people drive will make a huge difference. Not only are there a lot of people who aren't on their P's who drive like idiots, but also you can speed in just about any car. Sure, a GT-R will go faster, but as i said before, he was doing 70 (or impacted at). Even your average Holden Barina can do that speed. and 110km/h can be achieved by most cars too... What im saying is that if people want to drive like idiots, they will regardless of the car they are in.

My GTR will hit 110+ in 2nd gear.

Cameron - I know what you are saying, I have lost 1 point in my years of driving and have never had an accident, but that being said, i wouldn't have minded some sort of car restriction (probably because i couldn't afford much more than my VC commodore!:) ) for the first few years.

Christian