SAU Community

99 R34Gtr Vspec, Now Stroked!

Ha ha, yeah, damn guys wanting engines built.

Hey Steve-o, looked like you got into some trouble on the day lol. When I get the car sorted I'll go. Would of loved to go, but no cash and was working on the R :) I think I like the lip painted, fills it out!

This is lowered to around 115mm on front lip, I like!!

They said do a little burnout, so I did

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTPLXUwuzz8

Anyway, the others there Jez and Dean with responsive 2.6's like yours were pretty damn quick so it will suit you to a tee :D

^ That's the one I was looking at lol, epic!

Matt, yeah I can do an engine bay ;)

n

Springs I was going to look into were a set of tanabe progressive rate coils, something Terry mentioned a while back. I'm going to follow that path.

• 4 weeks later...

Springs are on order.

I'm also going to rebuild the front suspension assy. A few noises that annoy me when turning.

So it's getting new front wheel bearings,

bushes for a arms and castor rod,

New inner and outer ball joints,

And maybe a reco set of CV shafts.

New discs! and pads

More $$$$!

Also got the twin turbo pipe modded with a separator welded in to smooth the air from each turbo, boost is now more stable overall, and less prone to shuffle.

who did this mod for you and how much was it? also keen on doing it

Chris at craved coatings in Penrith did it for me.

Cost around $170, just unbolted it and he did the rest, cleaning,

cutting, welding, grinding and cleaning.

I'd suggest you ring him to get an accurate price though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Chris, Thanks for the comment! and yes I ended up selling the Rota's. Just love the CE28N's.

J_R32,

The manifolds, I didn't touch this time. Couldn't be bothered with this setup. On my 32GTR with 2530's I did port match the manifolds to the head and turbo flange.

If it comes off again, I'll probably do it though.

The car has been off the road for a while now. Still sorting out what I'm going to do to the front brakes, as finding a replacement set of rotors is a pain.

New front driveshaft is here, and I am halfway through putting a HKS oil cooler kit in with a filter relocation kit. This has a thermostat, unlike the old one I had on my previous car.

Cough cough, $$$$ that I don't have at the moment!!! >_< Also don't have any cars going.

Also found that the top inner front suspension arm bushes on both sides are stuffed and need to be replaced.

On a good note, I have found a source for some new discs, so I'm not selling the brakes now!

Pic of kit. More pics soon.

post-12712-0-58113900-1304497443_thumb.jpg

Cough cough, $$$$ that I don't have at the moment!!! pinch.gif Also don't have any cars going.

Also found that the top inner front suspension arm bushes on both sides are stuffed and need to be replaced.

On a good note, I have found a source for some new discs, so I'm not selling the brakes now!

Pic of kit. More pics soon.

Thats a nice HKS oil cooler, where did you pick that up from!!! lol

Ha ha, it's a good bit of kit Bob! Thanks again.

Got the oil cooler kit in and did an oil change. Oil lines are no rubbing, secure and out of the way. Only thing left to do is to make a mount for the oil filter base.

I hate doing these installs, because there is bugger all room to do stuff up under the plenum.

Started it up and let it run for 10 minutes, checked oil pressure, gave it a few revs, all good. Not one drop of oil leaking anywhere! Gotta love jap kits!! :banana:

Just waiting on discs and nismo bushes for the upper arms. Also scratched wheel bearings, and ball joints off the list as they are not needed.

Also made my own spanner just to fit under the plenum to do up the unions.

Also cut the slots out on the inner guard for the oil cooler to serve as an outlet.

post-12712-0-94465800-1304847394_thumb.jpg

post-12712-0-90384400-1304847409_thumb.jpg

post-12712-0-28943600-1304847419_thumb.jpg

post-12712-0-21199600-1304847436_thumb.jpg

Thanks Tin! Nice colour 34 you got there!! Also that's a nice dyno graph I saw today at the dyno. Good for a comparison when you've done some improvements :thumbsup: .

Bushes are in and suspension is back together.

Still gotta do brake discs as they haven't come in yet, but put the car on the road for now as I'm sick of not driving it!

It's still creaking!!!!!when I angle up driveways. It's not the swaybar or bushes either. I'm guessing Castor bushes have had it....but they look ok?

Yeah my R32 GT-R creeks up driveways and stuff like that. Almost sounds like its coming from my front guard with the stiff suspension causing flex or something (that was my guess). Never even occurred to me to be castor bushes.

Wheels look great on the car btw, alot better than the rotas :thumbsup:

Thanx mate !

Gonna hit WSID very soon to get some numbers down

And also hit wakefield again then the mods will be on the car YAY YAY !!

nice mate. good job on the oil cooler instal and good man for creating an exit path for the air. they are nearly useless without one :)

and yeah the jap oil cooler kits are expensive compared to the chinese ones but they are worth every penny. they are better in about a dozen ways I can think of...