SAU Community

Victorian Post Your Ride Thread

sami`

No...as u can see Above the car originally did come with a larger lip...sigh...

Thanks for pointing that out guys, I now cannot live with my car again.

I'm rather pedantic about these things. I didn't notice at first as I didn't have the car following that incident for a good 7 months. Guess I'm saving up another 1700 dollars that that lip cost my insurance company to buy the right one.

Awesome.

Cassandra, I didn't in any way want to offend you, just thought I'd point it out in case you didn't know the difference.

I'd be getting the right lip for your car at the insurance company's expense, not yours...

Either way nice looking car, but personally feel it would look better with the series 3 lip. But be careful, they are easily damaged, I know as I have one and am very careful entering and exiting driveways....

Good luck with it all....

:cheers:

Cassandra, I didn't in any way want to offend you, just thought I'd point it out in case you didn't know the difference.

I'd be getting the right lip for your car at the insurance company's expense, not yours...

Either way nice looking car, but personally feel it would look better with the series 3 lip. But be careful, they are easily damaged, I know as I have one and am very careful entering and exiting driveways....

Good luck with it all....

:cheers:

the car is 4wd height currently due to vicpol and needs exhaust overhaul for that reason, which will also happen. I remember what they were like lol but the car was lowered at that point too.

No offence taken but as u well know urself Jack- all the shit that comes with that car is a massive pain in the ass. I'm in a bit of a dilemma with that as I don't want the workshop I went to to get in trouble for somethinG that is nissan's fault. So I've just emailed Jesse streeter to see if anything can be done for less than Nissan aus' price.

Nick - the mere fact that I get asked web people see it if it's 'really a series 3?' is enough reason to need to get te right part... It'd be like putting an evo 7 hood on an evo 8 and have people say is that REALLY an evo 8? Lol

nah keep that lip... sooo much more practical and I reckon looks better in black

do you really care if someone asks if its really a series 3!? seriously talk about pedantic... drive your car and enjoy it... looks good as is, don't stress

the car is 4wd height currently due to vicpol and needs exhaust overhaul for that reason, which will also happen. I remember what they were like lol but the car was lowered at that point too.

No offence taken but as u well know urself Jack- all the shit that comes with that car is a massive pain in the ass. I'm in a bit of a dilemma with that as I don't want the workshop I went to to get in trouble for somethinG that is nissan's fault. So I've just emailed Jesse streeter to see if anything can be done for less than Nissan aus' price.

Nick - the mere fact that I get asked web people see it if it's 'really a series 3?' is enough reason to need to get te right part... It'd be like putting an evo 7 hood on an evo 8 and have people say is that REALLY an evo 8? Lol

lol you would be surprised how many ppl put evo 9 parts on 7's and 8's

and all the time i get asked if my car is a real evo lol

i would leave that lip, looks better than the series 3 lip because its smaller and you can lower the car more as well

in the end its a lip, yours is in gc.... is it really worth spending $1700 on a cosmetic part that isnt broken?

this is common sense. i like.

Hey Cass, I found this for sale :P

R33 GTR Series 3 Front Bar & Lip

that thing is a rip off i mean its obviously cheaper than the lip alone but the condition looks crap seen better ones for the same / less

Gonna apologize to Grant at any point? I think this is the second time I've read you have a bit of a go at him for questioning the lip on your car.....

fair point.

imo id leave it slam the car and forget about it, will look tits slammed

I have a shit driveway due to apartment building...can still have correct lip and drop it again and be able to get in though. I'm a stickler for everything a out the car being right or I lose my cool somewhat badly and obsess over the thing that's wrong :P

yes, the questions bother me as u can see above. The car shouldn't have to defend it's honor constantly because Nissan can't order the right bloody part...

And I believe I've admitted to him being right, that's moreo f an apology than he'd get from most guys...but ok, yeah I'm sorry for losing my temper but his need to harp on about how ts wrong pisses me off about as much as it's being wrong does.

that thing is a rip off i mean its obviously cheaper than the lip alone but the condition looks crap seen better ones for the same / less

I wouldn't have a clue how much it's worth lol, I just thought I'd post it up for Cass :P