SAU Community

Victorian Post Your Ride Thread

sami`

for gods sake grant it is the same lip =.= had to buy a replacement for the original from nissan as the original was killed during incident with pothole. car bottomed out on the road and it tore the shit out of the lip as the car was low at the time. it also killed my steering rack and my rims, hence the works now on it. to satisfy your morbid need to harp on about the bloody lip.

my car the day i picked it up from Japcar Fawkner June 5 2009:

gtr2.jpg

my car April 2011:

IMG_7303_web.jpg

if it looks longer its because the old one had been bent downwards due to scraping on gutters =.=

lip was ordered via Nissan by using VIN number of the car...

Don't want to upset you but that lip on your car is not a series 3 one, found a pic in the photoshoot thread that shows the difference between the two..

img7306e.jpg

Notice the difference? The series 3 one sits lower, the brake ducts a larger....

Maybe the series 3 lips came out on the 98 models only....

No...as u can see Above the car originally did come with a larger lip...sigh...

Thanks for pointing that out guys, I now cannot live with my car again.

I'm rather pedantic about these things. I didn't notice at first as I didn't have the car following that incident for a good 7 months. Guess I'm saving up another 1700 dollars that that lip cost my insurance company to buy the right one.

Awesome.

i would leave that lip, looks better than the series 3 lip because its smaller and you can lower the car more as well

in the end its a lip, yours is in gc.... is it really worth spending $1700 on a cosmetic part that isnt broken?